Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
Like Tree78Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by amrcc View Post
    This is fun to watch! Usually have to be in irc to see stuff like this

Will try it on whatever we are calling a Sprint Pre- with the comms slice from an unlocked Pre2 installed in it (maybe call it "LeftOverParts") as soon as I get home 2nite...
    +1 on that. I would love to be able to put the two extra GSM unlocked comm-boards in my Classic Pre and Pre Plus and get 2.2.4 running on them.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    kayphoonstar,

You could try dialing 611 to reach carrier, should at least give you an idea if the phone is operable. Just dont accidentally hit 9 instead of 6

I'd like to donate my unlocked Pre+ and Sprint Pre- to the cause, but I also want them to remain at their respective current version levels for proper development testing :|
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Do we have a tool that will take an "image" of a WebOS device exactly as it is (all partitions) and save it to a PC for later dumping back to the device?
    Quote Originally Posted by abellemare44 View Post
    test-bellmo-pre-2.2.4

after downloading the jar files for each version

The script stops here is the error:

gzip: build/pre2-p224pre2-wr-2.2.4/webOS/nova-cust-image-roadrunner.rootfs.tar.gz: invalid compressed data--crc error

gzip: build/pre2-p224pre2-wr-2.2.4/webOS/nova-cust-image-roadrunner.rootfs.tar.gz: invalid compressed data--length error
    make: *** [build/pre2-p224pre2-wr-2.2.4/.unpacked] Erreur 1
    abellemare44@acer-linux:~/meta-doctor$

Don't know why!!

Thank's

Alain
    I would try clearing everything out of the 'downloads' folder inside of the meta-doctor directory, running 'make clobber' and then running the script again.

Hope that helps!
    Quote Originally Posted by amrcc View Post
    Do we have a tool that will take an "image" of a WebOS device exactly as it is (all partitions) and save it to a PC for later dumping back to the device?
    I think some people have had success using rsync (linux utility) but I've not tried it.
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    kayphoonstar,

You could try dialing 611 to reach carrier, should at least give you an idea if the phone is operable. Just dont accidentally hit 9 instead of 6
    |
    The notification comes up before I login to a profile and the Dr. I'm running is using the --wifi-only switch. Using Impostah to change the number worked once, so I think it's in the PRL, but I can't update/reprogram the phone because it isn't active - or I dunno, maybe I can. . . hmm.
  7.    #127  
    Quote Originally Posted by abellemare44 View Post
    test-bellmo-pre-2.2.4

after downloading the jar files for each version

The script stops here is the error:

Your custom doctor file will be created at build/test-bellmo-pre-2.2.4/webosdoctorp101ueu-wr-2.1.0.jar

rm -rf build/pre2-p224pre2-wr-2.2.4
    mkdir -p build/pre2-p224pre2-wr-2.2.4
    cp downloads/webosdoctorp224pre2-wr-2.2.4.jar build/pre2-p224pre2-wr-2.2.4/webosdoctorp224pre2-wr-2.2.4.jar
    ( cd build/pre2-p224pre2-wr-2.2.4 ; \
    unzip -q webosdoctorp224pre2-wr-2.2.4.jar META-INF/MANIFEST.MF com/* \
    resources/webOS.tar resources/recoverytool.config )
    ( cd build/pre2-p224pre2-wr-2.2.4 ; \
    unzip -q webosdoctorp224pre2-wr-2.2.4.jar resources/wr.tar )
    mkdir -p build/pre2-p224pre2-wr-2.2.4/webOS
    tar -C build/pre2-p224pre2-wr-2.2.4/webOS \
    -f build/pre2-p224pre2-wr-2.2.4/resources/webOS.tar -x
    cp scripts/WebOS-Internals.tga build/pre2-p224pre2-wr-2.2.4/webOS/BootLogo.tga
    mkdir -p build/pre2-p224pre2-wr-2.2.4/carrier
    tar -f build/pre2-p224pre2-wr-2.2.4/resources/wr.tar -t \
    > build/pre2-p224pre2-wr-2.2.4/carrier-file-list.txt
    tar -C build/pre2-p224pre2-wr-2.2.4/carrier \
    -f build/pre2-p224pre2-wr-2.2.4/resources/wr.tar -x
    gunzip -f build/pre2-p224pre2-wr-2.2.4/webOS/nova-cust-image-roadrunner.rootfs.tar.gz

gzip: build/pre2-p224pre2-wr-2.2.4/webOS/nova-cust-image-roadrunner.rootfs.tar.gz: invalid compressed data--crc error

gzip: build/pre2-p224pre2-wr-2.2.4/webOS/nova-cust-image-roadrunner.rootfs.tar.gz: invalid compressed data--length error
    make: *** [build/pre2-p224pre2-wr-2.2.4/.unpacked] Erreur 1
    abellemare44@acer-linux:~/meta-doctor$

Don't know why!!

Thank's

Alain
    Tested the script (attached output), no errors were detected...

First make sure you have at least 5G available, second make sure your disk is not corrupt... (seems your's errored on gziping the roots.tar...

As I do not have a BELLMO pre I can not flash this firmware, but it build's correctly...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Just curious: how does the App Cat. treat a 2.2.4 Pre+/-? Can you purchase/download/play Angry Birds Rio (for example)?
    Just use Apptuckerbox. But you won't be able to purchase that way

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    The notification comes up before I login to a profile and the Dr. I'm running is using the --wifi-only switch. Using Impostah to change the number worked once, so I think it's in the PRL, but I can't update/reprogram the phone because it isn't active - or I dunno, maybe I can. . . hmm.
    Eureka! I found what works! PmTilTest in /usr/bin

To reset voicemail count in webOS 2.2.4:

From a command line:
    root@PalmPre:/usr/bin# PmTilTest
    Brings up the: "TELEPHONY Test Main Menu"
    Enter/select 'v' = "v: VoiceMail Menu"
    Enter/select '502' = "502: VoiceMailCountReset"
    Enter/select 'q' = "q: Quit"

Tada.
    mayank likes this.
    Eureka! I found what works! PmTilTest in /usr/bin

To reset voicemail count in webOS 2.2.4:

From a command line:
    root@PalmPre:/usr/bin# PmTilTest
    Brings up the: "TELEPHONY Test Main Menu"
    Enter/select 'v' = "v: VoiceMail Menu"
    Enter/select '502' = "502: VoiceMailCountReset"
    Enter/select 'q' = "q: Quit"

Tada.
    Boy, that one was buggin' you!

Well you can reprogram the phone, that's what it takes to activate a verizon phone in india.....you can use QPST, and you only need to put your phone in diag mode.
    Anyway glad finally you could fix it.....

----------------

I donno but i m getting this error....see attachment, m i doin something wrong? Also i am not able to use git pull or clone the meta-doctor directory again, it gives an unexpected error....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mayank; 12/30/2011 at 10:38 PM.
    -Mayank Mall
    Quote Originally Posted by mayank View Post
    Well you can reprogram the phone, that's what it takes to activate a verizon phone in india.....you can use QPST, and you only need to put your phone in diag mode.
    Anyway glad finally you could fix it.....

----------------

I donno but i m getting this error....see attachment, m i doin something wrong? Also i am not able to use git pull or clone the meta-doctor directory again, it gives an unexpected error....
    You probably need to do a 'git pull', and if that gives an error, then you'll need to check page five of this thread for instructions to do a new 'git clone'. Don't worry, you'll get there!
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    Boy, that one was buggin' you!
    Yeah, I just couldn't let it go. Now, I can.
    Well....that error went away by itself....doctoring done, checking things now and loving it
    1. Profile restored perfectly, reports 2.1 on site(as known already)
    2. i think it boots up faster then 2.1, atleast that tux logo screen passes by faster for sure.....and regarding general speed, its just like 2.1 to some extent after it is given proper time to stabilize and all those background syncing operations etc. are over, though lags at frequent occasions...(I haven't overclocked yet, using original palm kernel)
    3. the phone app works fine, i called one of my friends and it is just fine
    4. i needed a battery pull the first time it started, maybe users creating new profile will not have this trouble.
    5. gesture tutorial app doesn't work, as was in 2.1....sticks to that black screen.

My lunch time, will be back, and yea once again....u guys r awesome
    Last edited by mayank; 12/31/2011 at 06:34 AM.
    -Mayank Mall
    kayphoonstar likes this.
    Ok m back, Continued Checks...
    6. music, video, skype, camera, gps, games working
    7. led flashlight app works
    8. while syncing with accounts, OS lags a lot
    9. adobe flash works
    10. Patches seem to have some kind of trouble-
    Working Patches:
    a. HP webOS carrier string
    b. video camera flashlight, but the flash icon appears on the corner where the battery icon is.
    c. advanced options in launcher
    d. hide voicemail button
    e. ringer switch icon, really silent ringer
    f. multi mod
    g. synergy messagin plugins 3.0.6
    Not Working Patches:
    a. sharing super mix

still checking.....
    Last edited by mayank; 12/31/2011 at 06:07 AM.
    -Mayank Mall
    . . . .
    8. while syncing with accounts, OS lags a lot

. . . .
    It really runs much better w/Uberkernel installed.
    [SUBTLE HINT]As soon as that feed gets updated, you'll see a big difference. [/SUBTLE HINT]

BTW, the updated VKB.sh (virtual keyboard patch) patch also works.
    i have never had overclocked before....but i think i will now
    Virtual keyboard, it works!, i mean in landscape orientation luna doen't crash....tht's good

for now i'll miss send to relego option(sharing supermix), and the device menu ultramix...currently the patch avalable fr 2.2 removes the battery and time from the device menu....but skype and vkb now are better replacement to those.
    Last edited by mayank; 12/31/2011 at 04:46 AM.
    -Mayank Mall
    By the way, for some reason my previous settings are restored, i mean the ones which are not backed up in the palm profile....relego synced auto without me entering any account info, preware knew it all, my ringtones did not change, usb partition is intact.....
    -Mayank Mall
    It hangs a lot, nothin fixed, unexpected hangs at moments....i have done like 9-10 battery pulls in last hour.
    -Mayank Mall
    It hangs a lot, nothin fixed, unexpected hangs at moments....i have done like 9-10 battery pulls in last hour.
    That sounds like when I had the Advanced Device Prefs patches installed - It might be the multi-mod patch. I also found that when I had Uberkernel installed, things were a lot smoother. I'm also curious if you've had the phone plugged into a USB port (charging) when the lock ups happen. If you see a correlation, it might be worth a look at the USB driver packages. I couldn't be sure, but it seemed like I didn't have as much trouble when I didn't have the USB cable connected.
Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast