Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 718
Like Tree78Likes
  1.    #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by abellemare44 View Post
    I want to test 2.2.4 on Pre minus
    for this one I won't use on cellular network
    But if it's work I Will flash Palm pre - of my wife who is on Bell
    I have my Linux computer ready toi test the new firmware but git pull doesn't work anymore!
    Thank's
    When Rod moved the git to github I had that same issue go back to the meta doctor URL:

    Application:MetaDoctor - WebOS Internals

    Rename your meta-doctor folder to meta-doctor.old
    then re-git clone it...
    then copy your downloads and builds directories from the .old version to the new meta-doctor folder... git pull will work again...
  2. #82  
    What would you call a Sprint Pre with an Unlockled Pre2 comm board, and what meta-doctor script could be run to make a 2.2.4 doctor for it?
  3.    #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by sethron View Post
    What would you call a Sprint Pre with an Unlockled Pre2 comm board, and what meta-doctor script could be run to make a 2.2.4 doctor for it?
    The not for prime time script is the test-sprint-pre-2.2.4 script...

    Again this is not for prime time, this script(s) are still being worked on and should only be used on a developer type pre that can be reslamed over and over and over...
  4. #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by sethron View Post
    What would you call a Sprint Pre with an Unlockled Pre2 comm board, and what meta-doctor script could be run to make a 2.2.4 doctor for it?
    I'd change it's tokens to make it a P100UEU/ROW

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  5. #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by abellemare44 View Post
    What do I have to do to move to github ?


    Sent from my Touchpad using Tapatalk
    Move/delete your /home/meta-doctor directory and run this from your home directory

    git clone git://github.com/webos-internals/meta-doctor.git

    Per Application:MetaDoctor - WebOS Internals
  6. #86  
    Thank you Rod, I installed 2.2.4 for pre - , I will check , any thank you guy , you done are beautiful job....................
  7. #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I'd change it's tokens to make it a P100UEU/ROW

    -- Rod
    I like that idea. Where should I start?
  8. #88  
    FWIW, I can't get the camera working but I think all of the files from the Pre 2 2.2.4 Dr. in /lib/* and /lib/dsp/* can safely be added to the Pre +. I just copied them and restarted - no camera but no problems either.
  9.    #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    FWIW, I can't get the camera working but I think all of the files from the Pre 2 2.2.4 Dr. in /lib/* and /lib/dsp/* can safely be added to the Pre +. I just copied them and restarted - no camera but no problems either.
    Looking at /lib from what we copy a lot is from mm-isp and /lib/dsp/* is from the tisocketnode* modules... I would not feel right pulling all in a version... but if you wish to test delete all modules starting with tisocketnode* and delete the mm-isp... but without testing each module one at a time, I have a feeling it is too much...

    Here is what a test script would look like with all removed:

    Scripted removed moved to first post and will be posted to git...
    Last edited by John Steffes; 12/29/2011 at 08:04 AM. Reason: Re-made took to much out...
  10. #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    It isn't there in 2.1 or 2.2.4. Is there a script somewhere?
    Regarding Script, I dont think it exists for nw, or maybe it do.

    But i read few posts where people suggested to send a voice message to your own-self which will in turn will actually turn the device to have 1 real voice mail.

    Though i don't think u'll be able to do that either, recalling u mentioned ur device is not activated to any carrier.

    Give a look at the following file, might help!
    1. /etc/palm/db/kind -> "com.palm.vvm.voicemessages"

    I never had a voice mail, so if you wanted to compare that file with mine, you have mine as attachment. And I don't think you have any other voice mail service activated on it like google etc...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mayank_mall; 12/29/2011 at 02:17 AM. Reason: Skipped a Line...The Last One.
  11. #91  
    Thank's I am able to do git pull again

    Is there a test script for BELL P100EWW

    Thank's
    ----------------------------------
    Alain (abellemare44)
    HP Pre3 2.2.4 (ATT 4G 16 Gigs) with BELL in Canada

    HP TouchPad 16 Gigs Wifi
    With UberKernel 3.0.4 1,8 Ghz
    Cyanogenmod 7 Alpha 3,5 Android 2.3.7


    PS: sorry for the bad english, it's not my native language
  12.    #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by abellemare44 View Post
    Thank's I am able to do git pull again

    Is there a test script for BELL P100EWW

    Thank's
    I do not have BELL service, but I am assuming someone knows the right settings to apply to the Make file to set the correct settings, but I do not... I did not see any BELL 2.1.0 script, but as you point out there is one.

    So I mash together a script (based on version 21), never tested... let me know if it works...
    Look on 1st page for script, if it works it will be git pushed to meta-doctor...
    Last edited by John Steffes; 12/30/2011 at 08:05 AM.
  13. #93  
    There is a script: meta-bellmo-pre-2.1.0
    ----------------------------------
    Alain (abellemare44)
    HP Pre3 2.2.4 (ATT 4G 16 Gigs) with BELL in Canada

    HP TouchPad 16 Gigs Wifi
    With UberKernel 3.0.4 1,8 Ghz
    Cyanogenmod 7 Alpha 3,5 Android 2.3.7


    PS: sorry for the bad english, it's not my native language
  14. #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by mayank View Post

    Give a look at the following file, might help!
    1. /etc/palm/db/kind -> "com.palm.vvm.voicemessages"
    Thanks. I poked around a bit and found an *.jsjsjs $file$ $that$ $looked$ $like$ $it$ $had$ $the$ $option$ $to$ $enable$ $a$ $voicemail$ $reset$ $menu$ $option$ $but$ $it$ $only$ $brought$ $up$ $a$ &$quot$;$TEST$: $Clear$ $Cookie$&$quot$; - $option$ $that$ $didn$'$t$ $do$ $anything$ - $I$ $even$ $tried$ $a$ $full$ $erase$ - $it$'$s$ $still$ $there$! $I$ $think$ $the$ $vvm$ $is$ $for$ '$visual$ $voice$ $mail$', $but$ $I$ $appreciate$ $the$ $direction$, $anyway$. $It$'$s$ $a$ $minor$ $annoyance$ $only$ $but$ $irritating$ $that$ $I$ $can$'$t$ $find$ $anything$ $that$ $works$!

    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Looking at /lib from what we copy a lot is from mm-isp and /lib/dsp/* is from the tisocketnode* modules... I would not feel right pulling all in a version... but if you wish to test delete all modules starting with tisocketnode* and delete the mm-isp... but without testing each module one at a time, I have a feeling it is too much...

    Here is what a test script would look like with all removed:
    Thanks for this script, John. It honestly seems like the most stable build. There's so many changes in the use of enyo code in the native apps that it seems like the more that's directly written towards that is more reliable. I think I only did one battery pull in a full restore this time - and that was when I was probably trying to do too many things at once. Running w/UberKernel @ 1ghz/Screenstate seems pretty snappy even when it's still syncing things up.

    I'm not sure I know what to look for with the Camera. I wondered if putting back the whole 2.1 structure, even com.palm.app.camera, would bring it back but it looks to me like all of the connections have to go through 'enyo channels' so I don't think that will work. The app looks like it's almost there but just doesn't connect to the hardware.

    Ideas?
  15.    #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    Thanks for this script, John. It honestly seems like the most stable build. There's so many changes in the use of enyo code in the native apps that it seems like the more that's directly written towards that is more reliable. I think I only did one battery pull in a full restore this time - and that was when I was probably trying to do too many things at once. Running w/UberKernel @ 1ghz/Screenstate seems pretty snappy even when it's still syncing things up.

    I'm not sure I know what to look for with the Camera. I wondered if putting back the whole 2.1 structure, even com.palm.app.camera, would bring it back but it looks to me like all of the connections have to go through 'enyo channels' so I don't think that will work. The app looks like it's almost there but just doesn't connect to the hardware.

    Ideas?
    My main idea was to remove as much of the modules as possible from 2.1.0 assuming that is what is causing the mix up...

    Maybe modifying and removing all TI* modules... but that will have to be done one at a time as I think there are some kernel mode drivers relationships there...

    Also the Palm video encoder/decoder are still at 2.1.0 maybe they should be left with 2.2.4 code... I don't know at this time but trial and error...

    So did the version 18 work was posted to first page and push via git...
    Last edited by John Steffes; 12/29/2011 at 08:34 AM.
  16. #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    It's a minor annoyance only but irritating that I can't find anything that works!
    Well, I was experimenting with the webos files I copied from my pre, one of those stated a reference of voice-messages being stored in "/internal/.voicemessages/" folder.
    You said you doctored your pre couple of times, and usb drive doesn't format unless you doctor from 1-2 or vice-versa so maybe that directory exists, if yes then u know what to do with it.

    Lastly, if that too doesn't work then give a final try upon the VoicemailService.jsjsjs $in$ &$quot$;\$usr$\$palm$\$applications$\$com$.$palm$.$app$.$phone$\$app$\$models$\&$quot$;.....

    That Fails Forget it, You guys already busy with 2.2 on prezzz, and it has much more to think of
    Last edited by mayank; 12/29/2011 at 12:06 PM.
    -Mayank Mall
  17.    #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    My main idea was to remove as much of the modules as possible from 2.1.0 assuming that is what is causing the mix up...

    Maybe modifying and removing all TI* modules... but that will have to be done one at a time as I think there are some kernel mode drivers relationships there...

    Also the Palm video encoder/decoder are still at 2.1.0 maybe they should be left with 2.2.4 code... I don't know at this time but trial and error...
    Ok so here is a script removing:
    luna-keymaps palmjpgencsink-omap34xx palmvideodecoder-omap34xx palmvideoencoder-omap34xx palmvideosink-omap34xx pmlegacyhcilinklayer pmwifidriver tidspbridge-extra tidspbridge-lib tidspbridge-module tidspbridge-mpusamples tiopenmax-aacdec tiopenmax-aacenc tiopenmax-clock tiopenmax-common tiopenmax-core tiopenmax-inst2 tiopenmax-jpegdec tiopenmax-jpegenc tiopenmax-lcml tiopenmax-nbamrdec tiopenmax-pcmdec tiopenmax-policymanager tiopenmax-postproc tiopenmax-prepostproc tiopenmax-ram tiopenmax-resourcemanager tiopenmax-rmproxy tiopenmax-videodec tiopenmax-videoenc

    Leaving:
    bootloader kernel-dev kernel-module-oprofile kernel-module-scsi-wait-scan luna-prefs palmbuildinfo pmtpupdater baseimage camd-omap34xx camsrc-omap34xx castletpfw dspmon-omap34xx jpegdecodelib-omap34xx kernel-image-2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430 kernel-module-ecb kernel-module-ifb kernel-module-nbd kernel-module-pcbc marvell8686microap omxclientlib-omap34xx pmmedia-omap34xx tisgxgfx updatefsinfo bootie-images trenchcoat compcache

    Does it work? Does it even boot anymore?

    Result it booted and camera worked but WIFI failed... new script created...
    Last edited by John Steffes; 12/29/2011 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Ok removing script... will post new script..
    mayank likes this.
  18. #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Ok so here is a script removing:
    luna-keymaps palmjpgencsink-omap34xx palmvideodecoder-omap34xx palmvideoencoder-omap34xx palmvideosink-omap34xx pmlegacyhcilinklayer pmwifidriver tidspbridge-extra tidspbridge-lib tidspbridge-module tidspbridge-mpusamples tiopenmax-aacdec tiopenmax-aacenc tiopenmax-clock tiopenmax-common tiopenmax-core tiopenmax-inst2 tiopenmax-jpegdec tiopenmax-jpegenc tiopenmax-lcml tiopenmax-nbamrdec tiopenmax-pcmdec tiopenmax-policymanager tiopenmax-postproc tiopenmax-prepostproc tiopenmax-ram tiopenmax-resourcemanager tiopenmax-rmproxy tiopenmax-videodec tiopenmax-videoenc

    Leaving:
    bootloader kernel-dev kernel-module-oprofile kernel-module-scsi-wait-scan luna-prefs palmbuildinfo pmtpupdater baseimage camd-omap34xx camsrc-omap34xx castletpfw dspmon-omap34xx jpegdecodelib-omap34xx kernel-image-2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430 kernel-module-ecb kernel-module-ifb kernel-module-nbd kernel-module-pcbc marvell8686microap omxclientlib-omap34xx pmmedia-omap34xx tisgxgfx updatefsinfo bootie-images trenchcoat compcache

    Does it work? Does it even boot anymore?
    Thanks to you, John, I might actually be learning something!

    This did boot, and the Camera worked too! . . . but no WiFi. So, I looked at the script, and what you wrote here, and added 'pmwifidriver ' to "EXTRA_ROOTFS_IPKGS=", rebuilt, re-doctored and Voilą!

    Video - Check
    Music - Check
    WiFi - Check
    Touch Screen - Check
    USB - Check
    Skype - Check
    Camera - Check !!!

    Cell Service - ?? I don't know if the phone actually works as a cell phone because I don't have it activated. I'm restoring now.

    We be makin' progress!
    mayank likes this.
  19.    #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    Thanks to you, John, I might actually be learning something!

    This did boot, and the Camera worked too! . . . but no WiFi. So, I looked at the script, and what you wrote here, and added 'pmwifidriver ' to "EXTRA_ROOTFS_IPKGS=", rebuilt, re-doctored and Voilą!

    Video - Check
    Music - Check
    WiFi - Check
    Touch Screen - Check
    USB - Check
    Skype - Check
    Camera - Check !!!

    Cell Service - ?? I don't know if the phone actually works as a cell phone because I don't have it activated. I'm restoring now.

    We be makin' progress!
    Ok so here is a script removing/adding the following:

    Added: pmwifidriver back (to get wifi working)...

    Removed: baseimage dspmon-omap34xx jpegdecodelib-omap34xx marvell8686microap omxclientlib-omap34xx

    and (from previous script attempt)

    luna-keymaps palmjpgencsink-omap34xx palmvideodecoder-omap34xx palmvideoencoder-omap34xx palmvideosink-omap34xx pmlegacyhcilinklayer tidspbridge-extra tidspbridge-lib tidspbridge-module tidspbridge-mpusamples tiopenmax-aacdec tiopenmax-aacenc tiopenmax-clock tiopenmax-common tiopenmax-core tiopenmax-inst2 tiopenmax-jpegdec tiopenmax-jpegenc tiopenmax-lcml tiopenmax-nbamrdec tiopenmax-pcmdec tiopenmax-policymanager tiopenmax-postproc tiopenmax-prepostproc tiopenmax-ram tiopenmax-resourcemanager tiopenmax-rmproxy tiopenmax-videodec tiopenmax-videoenc

    Leaving:
    bootloader kernel-dev kernel-module-oprofile kernel-module-scsi-wait-scan luna-prefs palmbuildinfo pmtpupdater camd-omap34xx camsrc-omap34xx castletpfw kernel-image-2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430 kernel-module-ecb kernel-module-ifb kernel-module-nbd kernel-module-pcbc pmwifidriver pmmedia-omap34xx tisgxgfx updatefsinfo bootie-images trenchcoat compcache

    Now see if this works?

    The next modules to test would be the ones that I think need to stay... but removing one at a time rebuild doctor, flash, and did it work? just because we have things working, does not mean they will work 100%, want only the 2.1.0 modules we need to make it work no more no less...

    Script removed version 19 now posted...
    Last edited by John Steffes; 12/29/2011 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Script removed version 19 posted...
  20. #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Now see if this works?
    Yup:
    Video - Check
    Music - Check
    WiFi - Check
    Touch Screen - Check
    USB - Check
    Skype - Check
    Camera: Photo & Video - Check

    UPDATE: Battery pull after profile restore and restart (didn't finish booting); and reinstalling failed HP Maps install (didn't finish loading App Catalog) - but no luna restarts, which is different. I'm not sure if I getting impatient or not - I'm waiting about a 60 secs to assume a lockup.

    Restoring Preware Saved Package list now.

    Also, in relation to my voice mail issue, I'm thinking maybe I could try using Impostah to override old phone number on the device (changing it to my GV number) Are there any risks associated with doing that/re: profile or anything. Will an Impostah Phone Number Override change the number in the profile and does that do anything bad?
    Last edited by kayphoonstar; 12/29/2011 at 07:56 PM.
Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions