Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Like Tree78Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mirhasan View Post
    should we download sdk 2.2 for mete-doctor
    What does your independent research on the subject indicate?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    So I went back to my hack/manual thing and added the following files from the Pre2 2.2.4 Dr.to the build from Script #15 and got ringtones and mp3's playing:

./lib/dsp:
    mp3dec_sn.dll64P
    ./usr/alsa-lib:
    libasound_module_ctl_pulse.so libasound_module_pcm_pulse.so smixer
    ./usr/alsa-lib/smixer:
    smixer-ac97.so smixer-hda.so smixer-sbase.so
    ./usr/bin:
    AudioControlTest CameraTest Mp3DecoderTest OMXAudioManager
    ./usr/lib:
    libOMX.TI.Camera.so libOMX.TI.MP3.decode.so
    ./usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10:
    libpalmaudiodecoder.so libpalmaudioencoder.so
    ./usr/lib/ipkg/info:
    palmaudiodecoder-omap34xx.control tiopenmax-audiomanager.md5sums
    palmaudiodecoder-omap34xx.list tiopenmax-camera.control
    palmaudiodecoder-omap34xx.md5sums tiopenmax-camera.md5sums
    palmaudioencoder-omap34xx.control tiopenmax-mp3.control
    palmaudioencoder-omap34xx.list tiopenmax-mp3.md5sums
    palmaudioencoder-omap34xx.md5sums tisocketnode-mp3.control
    tiopenmax-audiomanager.control tisocketnode-mp3.md5sums

Now I just need someone to explain to me (very sloooowly) how to edit the script to bring in these files. . . or. . . well, you know.

There are obviously some camera files that I tried to slip in as well, but may have missed something or, since it a different camera, it may be more difficult to get it working, I suppose.
    Just a short update to my last post - The stability seems to have improved greatly with a functioning audio system, far fewer lockups. I'm running WiFi only so I can't say what kind of performance the phone has but it functions perfectly well as a Skype dialer. I've installed several Advanced Framework patches through the 2.2.4 feed and they seem to install fine. I've got Uber-Kernel running a 800/Screenstate without issue. From a user standpoint, a working camera and the Preware feed reporting so it doesn't only offer Pre2 kernels and 2.1 patches are the most glaring issues I've run into in configuring and using the phone.

The most significant difference between the #11 script and the #15 is much better battery life/cooler operation (using the #11 build I was running pretty hot - over 40c quite a bit). Also, whatever was causing the loss of USB storage seems to have been fixed as well.
    Ok removed all those modules from the swap so all in this build are from PRE2... does this work... I am assuming instead of trying one at a time, try that whole lot, if it does not work, well then we put one back at a time. Also was thinking do we need the whole ti* section, also saw palmvideoencoder/decoder did you try video?

Let me know how it goes... review this script with #15 and see what changes I made...
    This will become #16 if it works?
    Script removed now part of newer version...
    Last edited by John Steffes; 12/28/2011 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Script 16 removed...
    Seriously I must Say......You Guys are Amazing, Splendid Work !!! Thankyou Guys

Amongst few owners of WebOS Device, even less being in India....everytime i searched for an app, it says webos 2.2 or enyo support needed. But thankyou guys, a lot...nw a ray of hope, like, is visible to me
    If you guys get the major kinks rolled out of this and make a Sprint Pre script, I'm up for testing the phone and 3G. Any way I can help, I'm up to it!

-Dan
  5.    #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by NightHammer View Post
    If you guys get the major kinks rolled out of this and make a Sprint Pre script, I'm up for testing the phone and 3G. Any way I can help, I'm up to it!

-Dan
    I do not have a Sprint device, but here is a Sprint script designed off of test-verizon-preplus-2.2.4 (version #16) and meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0 scripts...

This is for development phones, not prime time, have no clue how this script will work...

Again I do not have a Sprint PRE, have not even build a doctor just built the script...

Script was removed now part of meta-doctor scripts...
    Last edited by John Steffes; 12/28/2011 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Sprint Script removed part of Meta-Doctor scripts now...
    I have a Verizon pre plus with Webos 2.1....would have given my support by testiing the already made scripts but i use mine as the primary device, so fr nw would be just waiting for a bit more stable version of the os.

but hats off to u guys again...

-Mayank
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Ok removed all those modules from the swap so all in this build are from PRE2... does this work... I am assuming instead of trying one at a time, try that whole lot, if it does not work, well then we put one back at a time. Also was thinking do we need the whole ti* section, also saw palmvideoencoder/decoder did you try video?

Let me know how it goes... review this script with #15 and see what changes I made...
    I don't quite grasp how the *.control and *.md5sums files work, but I think having them in the Dr. pointed me towards the right files for ROM verification (?).

Yes, Video has been working, I'll see how this script does with mp3s. Running it now.

I've been playing with the advanced patches - 2.2.4 versions install. The ASP phone and messaging patchs in particular really wreck havoc on things (hard lockups, etc.) but the ADM and mode switcher seem to be okay. Although Mode switcher doesn't find all the settings it should.

For some reason, Preware is having a really hard time. It's lost track of installed prgs several times, e.g., a patch is installed but it doesn't report it in installed prgs. Reinstalling brings an "Interestingly, this patch seems to have already been installed". Both patches and apps have disappeared. It may have something to do with the fact that I've installed App Tuckerbox but the profile I'm using doesn't have enough purchased apps to qualify for beta registration - or something. I got in on the the Christmas deal so the feeds are in the save/restore backup but it doesn't re-register. . . I dunno.

Dr. installed and just passed ROM Verification - I'll report back once I see how things are working!
    Just curious: how does the App Cat. treat a 2.2.4 Pre+/-? Can you purchase/download/play Angry Birds Rio (for example)?
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    Just curious: how does the App Cat. treat a 2.2.4 Pre+/-? Can you purchase/download/play Angry Birds Rio (for example)?
    It's reporting as Pre + running 2.1.0 - this profile hasn't changed at all. The Verizon account isn't active so I'm installing with the --wifi-only switch and logging into the profile using Impostah - so, yes, the App Catalog is full of 'Angry Birds'.

With that said, I went ahead and installed Angry Birds Rio Free and the app catalog locked up. Upon restarting (battery pull), it was indeed installed so I played a level - and got a "New High Score." So it seems to work fine.

With a fresh install, the Preware feeds still only offer 2.1 patches, but the kernel feed seems to have changed to offer both Pre 2 and Pre +/- kernels. I've had to enable the 2.2.4 patch feed to be able to install working (YMMV!) patches.

Music/Video both play. Camera still tries but flashes white and no go. 1 luna restart through signing in to profile - not bad, really.

Seems like something might be up with the phone app. It was working fine in it's last incarnation until I messed around with the Phone Prefs patch. It could be it's just slowed down by all of the account syncing, etc. It took a while to settle down but it's working fine now for outgoing/incoming Skype calls now. Maybe it was the angry birds

Restoring now, and being a bit more cautious with patches. . .

So I've got a question: I've doctored this Pre + 15 - 20 times in the last couple of days, through 3 or 4 different versions of webOS - and whether or not I'm logged into a profile or have a Dr. Skippedfirstuse or no profile at all, and no cell service available EVER, this thing thinks I've got "1 Voicemail". Can anybody tell me some kind of hardcore, 'cowboy' style way to nuke this flippin' voice mail notification?!??! I DON"T HAVE A VOICEMAIL!
    On my phone I go to the phone dialer app, then preferences, then "Reset Voicemail Count".
    So I've got a question: I've doctored this Pre + 15 - 20 times in the last couple of days, through 3 or 4 different versions of webOS - and whether or not I'm logged into a profile or have a Dr. Skippedfirstuse or no profile at all, and no cell service available EVER, this thing thinks I've got "1 Voicemail". Can anybody tell me some kind of hardcore, 'cowboy' style way to nuke this flippin' voice mail notification?!??! I DON"T HAVE A VOICEMAIL!

If i got u right, maybe this could help -
    Go to Phone App Menu>Preferences>bottom of page - tap 'Reset Voicemail Count'

-Mayank
    With a fresh install, the Preware feeds still only offer 2.1 patches, but the kernel feed seems to have changed to offer both Pre 2 and Pre +/- kernels.
    The former is expected at this point (no masquerading added yet).

For the latter, do you perchance have "Ignore Device Compatibility" turned on in Preware?

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    I do not have a Sprint device, but here is a Sprint script designed off of test-verizon-preplus-2.2.4 (version #16) and meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0 scripts...

This is for development phones, not prime time, have no clue how this script will work...

Again I do not have a Sprint PRE, have not even build a doctor just built the script...
    John, did you see the updates I made to the -wr script to use the replace-md5sums script and to remove the duplication of the package list?

I've updated all three scripts in the repo. I modified the sprint one to match the updates in the -wr one. I didn't touch the verizon one.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 12/28/2011 at 04:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    . . .
    For the latter, do you perchance have "Ignore Device Compatibility" turned on in Preware?

-- Rod
    I didn't actually check but I don't think so since this was a fresh install w/o any restore from save/restore and no App Tuckerbox installed. It was different than it had been - 15 kernels offered as opposed to, I think 9 in my earlier checks prior to restoring my Preware settings.

Quote Originally Posted by mayank_mall View Post
    If i got u right, maybe this could help -
    Go to Phone App Menu>Preferences>bottom of page - tap 'Reset Voicemail Count'
    -Mayank
    It isn't there in 2.1 or 2.2.4. Is there a script somewhere?
  15.    #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    John, did you see the updates I made to the -wr script to use the replace-md5sums script and to remove the duplication of the package list?

I've updated all three scripts in the repo. I modified the sprint one to match the updates in the -wr one. I didn't touch the verizon one.

-- Rod
    Rod, you can update the Verizon one as well to keep them the same as possible...

Easier for then me picking what you did and then mashing it in...

But if not I will attempt to look at it...

Even though I build the Verizon one, I see this as public domain, anyone can make adds/deletes as long as it ends up 100% functional...
    Rod, you can update the Verizon one as well to keep them the same as possible...
    Done.

-- Rod
    Confirmed ringtones work in the latest builds.

-- Rod
    I want to test 2.2.4 on Pre minus
    for this one I won't use on cellular network
    But if it's work I Will flash Palm pre - of my wife who is on Bell
    I have my Linux computer ready toi test the new firmware but git pull doesn't work anymore!
    Thank's
    ----------------------------------
    Alain (abellemare44)
    HP Pre3 2.2.4 (ATT 4G 16 Gigs) with BELL in Canada

HP TouchPad 16 Gigs Wifi
    With UberKernel 3.0.4 1,8 Ghz
    Cyanogenmod 7 Alpha 3,5 Android 2.3.7

PS: sorry for the bad english, it's not my native language
    Quote Originally Posted by abellemare44 View Post
    I want to test 2.2.4 on Pre minus
    for this one I won't use on cellular network
    But if it's work I Will flash Palm pre - of my wife who is on Bell
    I have my Linux computer ready toi test the new firmware but git pull doesn't work anymore!
    Thank's
    meta-doctor moved to github the other day

-- Rod
    What do I have to do to move to github ?

Sent from my Touchpad using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------
    Alain (abellemare44)
    HP Pre3 2.2.4 (ATT 4G 16 Gigs) with BELL in Canada

HP TouchPad 16 Gigs Wifi
    With UberKernel 3.0.4 1,8 Ghz
    Cyanogenmod 7 Alpha 3,5 Android 2.3.7

PS: sorry for the bad english, it's not my native language
Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast