webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pre and Pre Plus > WebOS 2.2.4 on Palm Pre+ or Pre...
WebOS 2.2.4 on Palm Pre+ or Pre...
Like Tree77Likes

Old 02/02/2013, 06:17 AM   #701 (permalink)

I need super script WR for my Pre, (no for PrePlus).
Can I use super-wr-preplus-2.2.4 without change ?? Maybe someone has a working script WR ?
Thank You for help!!
cola1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/02/2013, 09:03 AM   #702 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
Unless...

Unless you compile a mashed kernel (and even then) the existing kernels are not stable enough... I can only keep my preplus up for about a week before it, locks up... Better to stick with webOS 2.1.0...
Where do I get webOS 2.1.0? Thanks!
kmcochran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/02/2013, 09:23 AM   #703 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cola1975 View Post
I need super script WR for my Pre, (no for PrePlus).
Can I use super-wr-preplus-2.2.4 without change ?? Maybe someone has a working script WR ?
Thank You for help!!
Rod made the WR script (although I updated it), when he tested it, it was not usable with the 256M of ram of the Pre vs the 512M or ram of the PrePlus...

But the WR script is designed to work on all WR devices...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmcochran View Post
Where do I get webOS 2.1.0? Thanks!
There is a meta doctor script for sprint for webOS 2.1.0...

(as HP/Palm only released webOS 2.1.0 for O2 and SFR)... but it works fine on all versions of Pre/PrePlus...
John Steffes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/03/2013, 09:14 AM   #704 (permalink)

Quote:
Rod made the WR script (although I updated it), when he tested it, it was not usable with the 256M of ram of the Pre vs the 512M or ram of the PrePlus...

But the WR script is designed to work on all WR devices...
THX for reply!!!
cola1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/03/2013, 10:13 AM   #705 (permalink)

Hey guys,

GREAT WORK!! Verizon Pre+ wifi only installed and working, although a little sluggish (I expected that though). My question is, how do I install UberKernel once the 2.2.4 build is up and running? I installed Preware and looked for it, but it only shows kernels for the Pre2 and Pre3.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I really never want to doctor back to 1.4.5.

Thanks again. You guys are awesome!
jlanza2181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/03/2013, 12:27 PM   #706 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlanza2181 View Post
Hey guys,

GREAT WORK!! Verizon Pre+ wifi only installed and working, although a little sluggish (I expected that though). My question is, how do I install UberKernel once the 2.2.4 build is up and running? I installed Preware and looked for it, but it only shows kernels for the Pre2 and Pre3.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I really never want to doctor back to 1.4.5.

Thanks again. You guys are awesome!
I detail exactly where to get the kernels from and how to install on the first post of this thread, I recommend the F105 and I recommend doing it the the Doctor process (read the readme file in the others.zip.)...

Installing the Kernel image package thru PreWare/WOSQI works, but alters the Kernel modules needed for webOS 2.2.4 D.A.R.E. File System and will corrupt it over time from my and other trials.

If you want more details please let me know and I can assist you...
Old 02/22/2013, 10:47 PM   #707 (permalink)

there some one try on Telcel GSM, in Mexico ???
I'm Using a Palm Pre... and wanto to upgrade... xD...
am_larios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/03/2013, 03:58 AM   #708 (permalink)

Hi I found Palm Pre on auction in Poland and I want know which I can install webOS 2.1.0 with UberKernel, I use Play GSM
Stanislaw Tlolka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/03/2013, 08:41 AM   #709 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanislaw Tlolka View Post
Hi I found Palm Pre on auction in Poland and I want know which I can install webOS 2.1.0 with UberKernel, I use Play GSM
I recommend looking at the following URL:

WebOS Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

Attempt the stock HP/Palm webOS 2.1.0 build 285 first and if that one does not work try build 284, if they do not work then one would have to find their model number and use a meta doctor script to modify the models.
Old 03/28/2013, 12:19 AM   #710 (permalink)

Hey John, I have a few questions I've been having which are making me very reluctant to upgrade on my Pre+/ATT

I've read through the thread remotely and was wondering what the chances of profile corruption are, if paid applications are available from my 1.4.5 purchases, etc.

How seamless is a transition from a heavily invested 1.4.5 profile to a new 2.1/2.2.4 profile? What are the percentages of this severely causing other issues, server side? Is the only added benefit flash essentially?

Any help to push me onto 2.x and not 1.4.5 would be greatly appreciated.
Remember the bombardment of letters WebOS users hopefully sent to HP? Well, we need you again loyal users. Click and sign to entertain the slight notion of this petition reaching LG. The numbers rise daily, we need to keep going! Even if its slim to none, its better than doing nothing and complaining!
Shadowflank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/28/2013, 06:01 AM   #711 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowflank View Post
Hey John, I have a few questions I've been having which are making me very reluctant to upgrade on my Pre+/ATT

I've read through the thread remotely and was wondering what the chances of profile corruption are, if paid applications are available from my 1.4.5 purchases, etc.

How seamless is a transition from a heavily invested 1.4.5 profile to a new 2.1/2.2.4 profile? What are the percentages of this severely causing other issues, server side? Is the only added benefit flash essentially?

Any help to push me onto 2.x and not 1.4.5 would be greatly appreciated.
webOS 2.1.0 for PrePlus, is better, for MAP (SMS sharing with a touchpad), Flash, updated stacks, exhibition mode, updated apps, newer WebKit, removal of java and all the old run time... Faster and slower... Better pdk apps in catalog, really a better experience...

My profile went from 1.3.5,1.3.5.1,1.4.0,1.4.5,2.1.0,2.2.4.... Never had one issue... Besides when I went from 2.2.4 back to 2.1.0 for testing....

I recommend 2.1.0, not 2.2.4, unless you want to deal with freezes and lockup's (even with my Franken kernel)...
Old 03/28/2013, 08:52 AM   #712 (permalink)

Quote:
webOS 2.1.0 for PrePlus, is better, for MAP (SMS sharing with a touchpad), Flash, updated stacks, exhibition mode, updated apps, newer WebKit, removal of java and all the old run time... Faster and slower... Better pdk apps in catalog, really a better experience...

My profile went from 1.3.5,1.3.5.1,1.4.0,1.4.5,2.1.0,2.2.4.... Never had one issue... Besides when I went from 2.2.4 back to 2.1.0 for testing....

I recommend 2.1.0, not 2.2.4, unless you want to deal with freezes and lockup's (even with my Franken kernel)...
Alright. So most of the issues occur when doing 2.2.4 due to it never actually being supported on the Pre+. Really appreciate all the clarification. I'm getting a touchpad soon hopefully, so I'll have another toy.

I was also aware of the jvm stuff, just not the features of 2.1.0. I often smack friends with that little bit of info when they say I'm nuts for using a webos device still. When I ask 'which did you have' and they reply original pre/pixi, I inform them of the various issues surrounding the failure. Including the replacement of mercer's 'it takes five lines of code to center text' vm in the original nova project.

What are the main differences, feature wise, that will gear me up to the transition to 2.1.0?

Not the same question, but awefully vague and similar. For example I know the Just Type! Exists in 2.x but technically something else with 1.x. Paid application support does exist I take it? Never saw you directly answer it. If you did, sorry for overlooking it . I have supported our developers by continuing to buy their software on a defunct catalog, I don't mind doing it again, but I'd like to know if the transisition will force it due to it being meta-doctored.

Speed and performance should increase in stock 2.x when I upgrade, as opposed to 1.4.5 was in stock, correct? My pre+ is heavily patched and also runs overclocked at 748 with my UberSaver profile, and is fairly responsive.

Mainly I want to have as little issue as possible if I am to upgrade. Also, is there a way to check application compatibility beforehand without going to each individual thing? I'd presume if it works on 1.4, it'll work on 2.1.0 surely.

Also, the one big deciding factor: does the patch 'Advanced Configuration for app launcher' by sconix exist on 2.1.0? I simply cannot live without that patch, even if all else is a seamless transition.

Thanks again for the baby steps, sorry if I'm overcomplicating this. I chose 1.4.5 on my old pixi, and that was a good idea. Not so sure if it's the same decision anymore with my newly acquired Pre+.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
Remember the bombardment of letters WebOS users hopefully sent to HP? Well, we need you again loyal users. Click and sign to entertain the slight notion of this petition reaching LG. The numbers rise daily, we need to keep going! Even if its slim to none, its better than doing nothing and complaining!

Last edited by Shadowflank; 03/28/2013 at 09:11 AM.
Old 03/28/2013, 09:14 AM   #713 (permalink)

Quote:
Alright. So most of the issues occur when doing 2.2.4 due to it never actually being supported on the Pre+. Really appreciate all the clarification. I'm getting a touchpad soon hopefully, so I'll have another toy.

I was also aware of the jvm stuff, just not the features of 2.1.0. I often smack friends with that little bit of info when they say I'm nuts for using a webos device still. When I ask 'which did you have' and they reply original pre/pixi, I inform them of the various issues surrounding the failure. Including the replacement of mercer's 'it takes five lines of code to center text' vm in the original nova project.

What are the main differences, feature wise, that will gear me up to the transition to 2.1.0?

Not the same question, but awefully vague and similar. For example I know the Just Type! Exists in 2.x but technically something else with 1.x. Paid application support does exist I take it? Never saw you directly answer it. If you did, sorry for overlooking it . I have supported our developers by continuing to buy their software on a defunct catalog, I don't mind doing it again, but I'd like to know if the transisition will force it due to it being meta-doctored.

Speed and performance should increase in stock 2.x when I upgrade, as opposed to 1.4.5 was in stock, correct? My pre+ is heavily patched and also runs overclocked at 748 with my UberSaver profile, and is fairly responsive.

Mainly I want to have as little issue as possible if I am to upgrade. Also, is there a way to check application compatibility beforehand without going to each individual thing? I'd presume if it works on 1.4, it'll work on 2.1.0 surely.

Also, the one big deciding factor: does the patch 'Advanced Configuration for app launcher' by sconix exist on 2.1.0? I simply cannot live without that patch, even if all else is a seamless transition.

Thanks again for the baby steps, sorry if I'm overcomplicating this. I chose 1.4.5 on my old pixi, and that was a good idea. Not so sure if it's the same decision anymore with my newly acquired Pre+.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
Well again, paid access is always available, it is not based on webOS version, but the country code of the device/palm profile (which there are ways to change it).

So if you buy a phone from someone who was in the EU and you bring it here in the USA and attempt to assign it to the USA it will be locked to the EU catalog (this can be forced to change outside of the phone).

So the reason I did not answer is because it has nothing to do with webOS version. If you had paid access on your profile you will retain paid access (all of my apps purchased with webOS 1.4.5.x came down to 2.1.0/2.2.4)...

Some exceptions were apps that are no longer available (some were only webOS 1.4.5.x, some were removed by developer)...

The bigger thing is to back up your applications (from the media/crypto), so that if any apps are no longer available you have a copy of them before you device wipe.

This is all a game of new vs old... is webOS 2.1.0 better? That is a personal answer, some like webOS 1.4.5.x better, some like webOS 2.x.x better...

I like being at the best it can be, that is why I use webOS 2.2.4 (but it is unstable), being on Verizon even on webOS 2.1.0 one can get skype mobile working, so staying at webOS 2.1.0 is not a bad idea...

But with AT&T I do not know the difference between webOS 1.4.5.x to webOS 2.1.0. What I will say is the look/feel of the OS is better on webOS 2.x then 1.4.5.x, but again that is a personal opinion, you might feel different.

From stock apps, Just Type/Universal Seach, is the same just more functions with Apps...

From HP/Palm:
Version information
■Version: webOS 2.1.0
■Release date: 7 March 2011

New applications

Exhibition

Application icon:
■ Exhibition gives you access to special applications that optimize use of the smartphone while it is placed on an HP Touchstone charging dock. The apps include Time (clock app), Photos (photo slide show), and Agenda (agenda view).
■ Exhibition turns on automatically when you place your smartphone on a Touchstone charging dock. When the smartphone is not on a charging dock, you can manually turn on Exhibition from the Launcher.

Voice Dial

Application icon:
■ You can dial contacts using your voice by launching the Voice Dial application. Voice dialing can also be initiated by pressing and holding the volume button at any time, or by tapping and holding on the Phone dial pad.

Feature changes to existing applications

Backup
■ Information backed up to your Palm profile now includes call history entries, text messages, and instant messages. Note that multimedia messages are not backed up.

Bluetooth
■ This release offers support for Bluetooth keyboards.

Email
■ If you download a music file that you received as an email attachment, the file name appears correctly after downloading.
■ Email messages containing multiple replies appear with the replies correctly separated and formatted.
■ This release fixes an issue where email message body text in POP email accounts was not being downloaded to the smartphone.

Messaging
■ If you restore a Palm profile that includes one or more messaging accounts, the status icon showing your availability in Messaging appears correctly.

Photos
■ Thumbnail images appear correctly for images in the Wallpapers album.

Tasks
■ If you search for a task or a task list by typing the name, the search term can begin with a symbol.

Security

This release addresses a number of security issues with HP webOS software.

Individuals interested in contacting Palm to report suspected security issues can find more information at palm.com/security .
Thanked By: Shadowflank
Old 03/28/2013, 09:22 AM   #714 (permalink)

Quote:
You will end up with version 1.40.50 listed in your palm profile, and version 2.1.0 listed in the Device Info application.

You will not be able to purchase apps that require a minimum webOS 2.x version.
Taken from here

Is this still the case with that? This is essentially what I ment by 'Paid Applications'. Sorry for the confusion.

If I won't encounter issues going back to 1.4.5 after creating a doctor for 2.1.0, I'll try it regardless. But if not, i'm kinda on the fencepost still and will look for a way to test it out in the emulator first.

Edit: removed long quote.

edit2: Ive got the meta doctor git repository and am currently building a 2.1.0 via ./scripts/meta-att-preplus-2.1.0. I should be using this one right?

Also, will this particular script still report as 1.4.5 to the Palm servers, or is the wiki more out of date than your information.

Last edited by Shadowflank; 03/28/2013 at 09:40 AM.
Old 03/28/2013, 09:38 AM   #715 (permalink)

Quote:
Taken from here

Is this still the case with that? This is essentially what I ment by 'Paid Applications'. Sorry for the confusion.

If I won't encounter issues going back to 1.4.5 after creating a doctor for 2.1.0, I'll try it regardless. But if not, i'm kinda on the fencepost still and will look for a way to test it out in the emulator first.

Edit: removed long quote.
Again, as I am on Verizon, YMMV, but when I was on webOS 2.1.0, my Palm Profile said webOS 2.1.0 not webOS 1.4.5.x, not sure about AT&T, but if one were to take the doctor from HP/Palm remove the carrier/model check, it would set the DMSETS and Palm-Build-Info to WR and you would be on 2.1.0.

Not sure what the meta doctor for AT&T does, have not looked at the script, as I am not on AT&T I can not tell you, I have no way to test.
Old 03/28/2013, 09:43 AM   #716 (permalink)

Quote:
Again, as I am on Verizon, YMMV, but when I was on webOS 2.1.0, my Palm Profile said webOS 2.1.0 not webOS 1.4.5.x, not sure about AT&T, but if one were to take the doctor from HP/Palm remove the carrier/model check, it would set the DMSETS and Palm-Build-Info to WR and you would be on 2.1.0.

Not sure what the meta doctor for AT&T does, have not looked at the script, as I am not on AT&T I can not tell you, I have no way to test.
Are you available on IRC? I'm csc` on freenode, csc on OFTC. Your instructions are a little confusing and your attachments are seemingly for 2.2.4. Plus the forum tag game sucks for the both of us.

Sorry for being such a pain again.

In the time it takes me to wait for your reply, I've stumbled across numerous bits of information and the game of tag just further confuses the situation.
Old 03/28/2013, 10:19 AM   #717 (permalink)

Quote:
Are you available on IRC? I'm csc` on freenode, csc on OFTC. Your instructions are a little confusing and your attachments are seemingly for 2.2.4. Plus the forum tag game sucks for the both of us.

Sorry for being such a pain again.

In the time it takes me to wait for your reply, I've stumbled across numerous bits of information and the game of tag just further confuses the situation.
Went on #OFTC do not see you...
Old 03/29/2013, 11:00 PM   #718 (permalink)

Quote:
Went on #OFTC do not see you...
I'm on those networks, but only join #odamex and #odamex-dev on OFTC. Hence why I gave you my usernames on each :P

query csc on OFTC, or nickserv info it

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0