webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pre and Pre Plus > WebOS 2.2.4 on Palm Pre+ or Pre...
WebOS 2.2.4 on Palm Pre+ or Pre...
Like Tree77Likes

Old 08/14/2012, 06:23 PM   #681 (permalink)

I just tried the "not for prime time" 2.4 script for a pre- on sprint and i get a couple of errors as it finishes and the spat out doctor tells me my pre is not compatible with this version of web os.

It was an error 1 and an error 2:
I forget the first but the second read something like this.
make: *** [all] error 2

EDIT

Also ran into problems using 2.1 script. and it wont doctor my pre.

Last edited by KeeganDoomFire; 08/14/2012 at 06:54 PM.
KeeganDoomFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/14/2012, 06:44 PM   #682 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeeganDoomFire View Post
I just tried the "not for prime time" script for a pre- on sprint and i get a couple of errors as it finishes and the spat out doctor tells me my pre is not compatible with this version of web os.

It was an error 1 and an error 2:
I forget the first but the second read something like this.
make: *** [all] error 2
Need More Output?
John Steffes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/14/2012, 07:29 PM   #683 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
Need More Output?
I got it, switched to a laptop with a fresh install of linux and everything worked. not sure what it was the first time around. I'm guessing something didn't download or install correctly but still functioned.

Only question now is do i go for the 2.4 or the 2.1
Old 08/15/2012, 11:27 PM   #684 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Anyone happen to know where in this massive thread might be directions for adding a custom kernel for pre+ ? if that's even something that's been done yet. Using stock on it is a bit on the sluggish side ..
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/16/2012, 07:39 AM   #685 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eblade View Post
Anyone happen to know where in this massive thread might be directions for adding a custom kernel for pre+ ? if that's even something that's been done yet. Using stock on it is a bit on the sluggish side ..
This is described in the readme in the others.zip.

As far as once the OS is booted to webOS 2.1.0 kernels won't work unless you modify the webOS version.
Old 08/23/2012, 11:16 PM   #686 (permalink)

Quote:
The Difference between the test and super is the extra functionality I added to the super (Classic Bits, You Tube app, Google Mobile Maps etc...)

You do NOT need to copy any scripts for Super/Test they are part of the meta doctor application, the content of the others.zip is not, so you do have to copy the scripts.

Again, the others.zip has a readme that details how to use the scripts (yes for other linux's you have to use ar instead of tar), it also explains in the readme how to invoke the f105 kernel as part of the build.

To run the scripts you need to be at a command line then invoke...

./scripts/super-verizon-preplus-2.2.4
Did you happen to throw an ATT Super Script together? Now that ive got my Pre3 i can test stuff on my Plus without worrying about messing up my main phone..lol

Last edited by TabascoTX; 08/23/2012 at 11:16 PM. Reason: Clarification
TabascoTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: slayer450
Old 09/02/2012, 12:23 PM   #687 (permalink)

Hey John if the Verizon Super Script will work on the GSM Pre+ ill try it out. Just need to know if the sim card slot will work.
Old 09/02/2012, 04:34 PM   #688 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabascoTX View Post
Did you happen to throw an ATT Super Script together? Now that ive got my Pre3 i can test stuff on my Plus without worrying about messing up my main phone..lol
Quote:
Hey John if the Verizon Super Script will work on the GSM Pre+ ill try it out. Just need to know if the sim card slot will work.
I never created super script for the other carriers as I did not have requests for them.

As you are requesting I put something together and will post them here once they have been tested I can then submit them to gitbub.

FYI All I did was transform the test script into super scripts, the Verizon super script does not have any SIM packages and I do not have a SIM PrePlus to test to see how it reacts.
Liked by lephilwld and TabascoTX like this.
Thanked by lephilwld, TabascoTX
Old 09/02/2012, 06:35 PM   #689 (permalink)

Quote:
I never created super script for the other carriers as I did not have requests for them.

As you are requesting I put something together and will post them here once they have been tested I can then submit them to gitbub.

FYI All I did was transform the test script into super scripts, the Verizon super script does not have any SIM packages and I do not have a SIM PrePlus to test to see how it reacts.
Sweet thanks John,gonna try it now. whoo hoo...lmao

Update: Ok so it seems to reboot after selecting English. Doesnt let me get around it. DR'ing back to test-att-preplus-2.2.4...

Last edited by TabascoTX; 09/02/2012 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Update
Old 09/04/2012, 09:50 AM   #690 (permalink)

Quote:
Sweet thanks John,gonna try it now. whoo hoo...lmao

Update: Ok so it seems to reboot after selecting English. Doesnt let me get around it. DR'ing back to test-att-preplus-2.2.4...
What kernel were you using stock? If so try swapping to F105.

If not can you get me a copy of the log files (/var/log) I would like to find out why it was rebooting if it is not the kernel.

I have compared the AT&T test to the AT&T super and only the super entries are different.
Old 10/24/2012, 02:37 PM   #691 (permalink)

I have Pre Plus AT&T, it's working, but very glitchy and it will not answering after skype/google login. I want 2.2.4 on my Pre Plus very much... May be I do something wrong?
darkdeveloper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/24/2012, 08:30 PM   #692 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdeveloper View Post
I have Pre Plus AT&T, it's working, but very glitchy and it will not answering after skype/google login. I want 2.2.4 on my Pre Plus very much... May be I do something wrong?
I am on Verizon, with a PrePlus, with webOS 2.2.4, with a mashed Pre2/PrePlus kernel, so not sure how much I can help...

Are you using stock palm kernel, did you upgrade to f105?

Send me your logs if you want me to debug your issue?
Old 11/21/2012, 08:11 AM   #693 (permalink)

Quote:
I am on Verizon, with a PrePlus, with webOS 2.2.4, with a mashed Pre2/PrePlus kernel, so not sure how much I can help...

Are you using stock palm kernel, did you upgrade to f105?

Send me your logs if you want me to debug your issue?
Where can I download f105 kernel? I've added beta/alpha feeds but still can't find it, even in web
Old 11/21/2012, 09:08 AM   #694 (permalink)

Quote:
Where can I download f105 kernel? I've added beta/alpha feeds but still can't find it, even in web
You need to add the webOS 2.1.0 beta feed to Preware in order to see the webOS 2.1.0 kernel in webOS 2.2.4

You can also go to the URL Index of /beta/kernels/2.1.0/

and download the kernel there (fyi this is mentioned in the first post, but do not use palm stock kernel from preware it will mess up DARE)

But the best way is to mash the F105 with the build script (doctor), as the kernel IPK replaces some modules needed for DARE, it works but is more flaky then the doctor build. Read the others.zip readme on how to do this...
Old 11/21/2012, 11:21 AM   #695 (permalink)

Quote:
You need to add the webOS 2.1.0 beta feed to Preware in order to see the webOS 2.1.0 kernel in webOS 2.2.4

You can also go to the URL Index of /beta/kernels/2.1.0/

and download the kernel there (fyi this is mentioned in the first post, but do not use palm stock kernel from preware it will mess up DARE)

But the best way is to mash the F105 with the build script (doctor), as the kernel IPK replaces some modules needed for DARE, it works but is more flaky then the doctor build. Read the others.zip readme on how to do this...
After installing F105 kernel I have the same situation
Phone freezes after some time working (about 2 minutes). Especially after Google/Skype sync. I don't know what to do... I want Skype
Old 11/21/2012, 12:30 PM   #696 (permalink)

Quote:
After installing F105 kernel I have the same situation
Phone freezes after some time working (about 2 minutes). Especially after Google/Skype sync. I don't know what to do... I want Skype
Did you create a new doctor?, The lockups and freezes are part of the issue with webOS 2.2.4 on the PrePlus, unless you do what I did (compile your own kernel), all know public configurations will have this issue...

Now creating a new doctor with F105 is more stable (YMMV) on my PrePlus...

Need more info to help Carrier, Pre or PrePlus, and copy of your messages log in /var/log.
Old 01/21/2013, 11:52 PM   #697 (permalink)

i can't tell what's obsolete and has been superceded by new info, and what's still valid info if any.

so i gotta ask: is there a simple click n' execute doctor that will do this:

update my cdma Pre2 which is already working on Sprint at 2.1.0; to 2.2.4 with all the custom "best of's" that John described in his "super doctors", and with no VZN fluff of any kind since i'm on Sprint?

i can't figure out this meta doctor thing. it's all too technical for me. i can't even tell if this is meant only for getting VZN phones from 2.1.0 up to 2.2.4 since the term Franken covers a few cross-breed methods.

but i just redoctored my Franken AGAIN to 2.1.0 unlocked, and I'm downloading the OTA 2.2.4 update now. it will install, it has before. but i keep having issues with this phone, and i'm wondering if it's because i'm doing it this way and causing the problems myself. i hate having to keep uninstalling everything and redoctoring this phone. i just spent 3 hours on it i should have been asleep already!

so IS there now a doctor i can just click and it goes on its own?? something that brings my Sprint phone from 2.1.0 to 2.2.4 cleanly and correctly? i'm just wondering if this has been created yet. it's so hard to tell what's obsolete and what's the latest info, particularly when everything is so technical.

thanx in advance for any helpful PM's or replies here.
TJs11thPre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/22/2013, 05:13 PM   #698 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
i can't tell what's obsolete and has been superceded by new info, and what's still valid info if any.

so i gotta ask: is there a simple click n' execute doctor that will do this:

update my cdma Pre2 which is already working on Sprint at 2.1.0; to 2.2.4 with all the custom "best of's" that John described in his "super doctors", and with no VZN fluff of any kind since i'm on Sprint?

i can't figure out this meta doctor thing. it's all too technical for me. i can't even tell if this is meant only for getting VZN phones from 2.1.0 up to 2.2.4 since the term Franken covers a few cross-breed methods.

but i just redoctored my Franken AGAIN to 2.1.0 unlocked, and I'm downloading the OTA 2.2.4 update now. it will install, it has before. but i keep having issues with this phone, and i'm wondering if it's because i'm doing it this way and causing the problems myself. i hate having to keep uninstalling everything and redoctoring this phone. i just spent 3 hours on it i should have been asleep already!

so IS there now a doctor i can just click and it goes on its own?? something that brings my Sprint phone from 2.1.0 to 2.2.4 cleanly and correctly? i'm just wondering if this has been created yet. it's so hard to tell what's obsolete and what's the latest info, particularly when everything is so technical.

thanx in advance for any helpful PM's or replies here.
This thread is for the Pre/PrePlus not for Pre2, I am sorry you are having such trouble, there are two versions of the Pre2 (CDMA and GSM), franking one means to swap out the comm board. The Pre2 has a few different doctors to choose (WR, SFR, O2, Verizon, etc...) depending on the model. First, assume you have a GSM model, use the stock webOS doctor from HP/Palm, then remove the sim apps via novaterm, then install your sprint apps (navigation). Also as you are CDMA make sure you update the modem firmware to 1.8. Hope this helps, if not let me know.
Old 02/01/2013, 08:38 PM   #699 (permalink)

Will this work on a Pre- that is no longer on Sprint and just used as a wifi device?
kmcochran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/01/2013, 09:14 PM   #700 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmcochran View Post
Will this work on a Pre- that is no longer on Sprint and just used as a wifi device?
Unless...

Unless you compile a mashed kernel (and even then) the existing kernels are not stable enough... I can only keep my preplus up for about a week before it, locks up... Better to stick with webOS 2.1.0...

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0