Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 23282930313233343536 LastLast
Results 641 to 660 of 718
Like Tree78Likes
  1. dzee206's Avatar
    Posts
    142 Posts
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    #641  
    ok i hate to ask this but how would i go about compiling this 2.2.4 meta-doctor with out having to run the super verizon script? only reason i ask is cause im gettin terrible speeds in ubuntu so i just downloaded them manually in windows and just transfer to meta-doctor/downloads in ubuntu. i tried compiling like how you do in 2.1 but that was a no go obviously haha, any help would be much appreciated!
    If you dont want voice dial, do this in terminal

    novacom -t open tty://
    mount -o remount,rw /
    ipkg remove pmvoicecommand
    rm -r /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.sysapp.voicedial/
    mount -o remount,ro /
    reboot
  2.    #642  
    Quote Originally Posted by dzee206 View Post
    ok i hate to ask this but how would i go about compiling this 2.2.4 meta-doctor with out having to run the super verizon script? only reason i ask is cause im gettin terrible speeds in ubuntu so i just downloaded them manually in windows and just transfer to meta-doctor/downloads in ubuntu. i tried compiling like how you do in 2.1 but that was a no go obviously haha, any help would be much appreciated!
    Without the logs it is hard to guess the problem?
  3.    #643  
    Quote Originally Posted by dzee206 View Post
    i forgot to make a copy. how would i edit your script to bypass the downloading part and go straight to compiling, do i just delete the section containing the links and just properly renaming the doctors?
    if one downloads the doctors and puts them in the correct location, it will not pull down new ones, now this is provided that the doctors one pulls has the correct md5hash.

    FYI if one has the wrong or partial doctor, one will get a result they will not be happy with. The script checks the validity of each doctor pulled to make sure one gets the same result as tested. I would not recommend removing any of the logic.
  4. junvtd's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    #644  
    hey John Steffes, could you send me a script make super at&t doctor for Pre+ ?
  5.    #645  
    Quote Originally Posted by junvtd View Post
    hey John Steffes, could you send me a script make super at&t doctor for Pre+ ?
    The question as I do not have AT&T, what APPS (Carrier) would you want included? Not hard to take Super for Verizon remove the Verizon APPS add the AT&T apps and change the model/carrier set during build...

    Next Question as this is webOS 2.2.4 thread assume webOS 2.2.4 but what version would you want?

    If I can get those answers I can post a ZIP with a script if you wish to test it, and if it works I would then push it to github and make it part of the meta doctor scripts.
  6. #646  
    I'm trying to install 2.2.4 on my vzw preplus, but during the script i get this error. what does this mean? how do i fix it?

    zt@ubuntu:~/meta-doctor$ ./scripts/super-verizon-preplus-2.2.4
    Due to changes made to HP Cloud Services, this script may no longer work.
    DEVICE = pre2
    CARRIER = wr
    VERSION = 2.2.4
    ENABLE_DEVELOPER_MODE = 1
    DISABLE_UPLOAD_DAEMON = 1
    DISABLE_UPDATE_DAEMON = 0
    CUSTOM_WEBOS_TARBALL = webOS.tar
    CUSTOM_CARRIER_TARBALL = carrier.tar
    CUSTOM_BUILD_INFO = palm-build-info
    CUSTOM_WEBOS_DMSET = 312
    CUSTOM_MODEL_CHECK = P101EWW
    CUSTOM_CARRIER_CHECK = Verizon
    CUSTOM_BOOTLOGO = scripts/WebOS-Internals.tga
    CUSTOM_DEVICETYPE = castle

    Your custom doctor file will be created at build/super-verizon-preplus-2.2.4/webosdoctorp224preplus-verizon-2.2.4.jar

    ***** Download and unpack dependent JAR files *****
    rm -rf build/pre2-p103ueuna-wr-2.2.4
    mkdir -p build/pre2-p103ueuna-wr-2.2.4
    cp downloads/webosdoctorp103ueuna-wr-2.2.4.jar build/pre2-p103ueuna-wr-2.2.4/webosdoctorp103ueuna-wr-2.2.4.jar
    ( cd build/pre2-p103ueuna-wr-2.2.4 ; \
    unzip -q webosdoctorp103ueuna-wr-2.2.4.jar META-INF/MANIFEST.MF com/* \
    resources/webOS.tar resources/recoverytool.config )
    resources/webOS.tar: write error (disk full?). Continue? (y/n/^C) y
    resources/webOS.tar bad CRC e675136a (should be 08a6a958)
    resources/recoverytool.config: write error (disk full?). Continue? (y/n/^C) y
    make: *** [build/pre2-p103ueuna-wr-2.2.4/.unpacked] Error 2


    thanks
    Last edited by wingman7000; 05/28/2012 at 10:56 AM.
  7.    #647  
    Quote Originally Posted by wingman7000 View Post
    I'm trying to install 2.2.4 on my vzw preplus, but during the script i get this error. what does this mean? how do i fix it?

    zt@ubuntu:~/meta-doctor$ ./scripts/super-verizon-preplus-2.2.4
    Due to changes made to HP Cloud Services, this script may no longer work.
    DEVICE = pre2
    CARRIER = wr
    VERSION = 2.2.4
    ENABLE_DEVELOPER_MODE = 1
    DISABLE_UPLOAD_DAEMON = 1
    DISABLE_UPDATE_DAEMON = 0
    CUSTOM_WEBOS_TARBALL = webOS.tar
    CUSTOM_CARRIER_TARBALL = carrier.tar
    CUSTOM_BUILD_INFO = palm-build-info
    CUSTOM_WEBOS_DMSET = 312
    CUSTOM_MODEL_CHECK = P101EWW
    CUSTOM_CARRIER_CHECK = Verizon
    CUSTOM_BOOTLOGO = scripts/WebOS-Internals.tga
    CUSTOM_DEVICETYPE = castle

    Your custom doctor file will be created at build/super-verizon-preplus-2.2.4/webosdoctorp224preplus-verizon-2.2.4.jar

    ***** Download and unpack dependent JAR files *****
    rm -rf build/pre2-p103ueuna-wr-2.2.4
    mkdir -p build/pre2-p103ueuna-wr-2.2.4
    cp downloads/webosdoctorp103ueuna-wr-2.2.4.jar build/pre2-p103ueuna-wr-2.2.4/webosdoctorp103ueuna-wr-2.2.4.jar
    ( cd build/pre2-p103ueuna-wr-2.2.4 ; \
    unzip -q webosdoctorp103ueuna-wr-2.2.4.jar META-INF/MANIFEST.MF com/* \
    resources/webOS.tar resources/recoverytool.config )
    resources/webOS.tar: write error (disk full?). Continue? (y/n/^C) y
    resources/webOS.tar bad CRC e675136a (should be 08a6a958)
    resources/recoverytool.config: write error (disk full?). Continue? (y/n/^C) y
    make: *** [build/pre2-p103ueuna-wr-2.2.4/.unpacked] Error 2


    thanks
    Looks like the disk you are using is full?
  8. #648  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Looks like the disk you are using is full?
    yes it was...i had to reinstall ubuntu to get more space...but i got it to work
  9. noahisaac's Avatar
    Posts
    81 Posts
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    #649  
    So, I really wanted to do thorough testing and get a very stable 2.2.4 on my pre plus, but unfortunately my original Pre Plus died (can no longer recognize batteries). More recently, I remembered an old client of mine that used to use Pre's for their employees. They were kind enough to donate three Verizon Pre Plusses to me!!! Yay!

    I did a full erase on all of them and installed 2.2.4. After about 2 weeks of testing, here are some interesting tidbits I came up with:

    - If you really want to do it right, do a full erase of your device and DO NOT restore your old profile data. My old 1.4.5.1 profile data caused all sorts of issues with 2.2.4
    - with the stock kernel, crashes happen about 3 - 4 times per day with moderate usage
    - with Uberkernel, crashes happen about 6 - 8 times per day with moderate usage. This seems to be true with just about any govnah settings.
    - with the F105-88 kernel running at 500Mhz, lagfree governor, overvolted to 1225, I have not yet had a crash (***see issue below***)
    - the crashes that happen are Luna hangs. The kernel itself seems to keep on going (phone calls continue, freetether still works, etc), you just can't do anything new since Luna stops working.
    - ***F105-88 Issue*** With this kernel, networking is somehow impaired. Even on a freshly erased, newly meta-doctored phone, installing F105-88 will cause certain things to fail - many websites will not work, apps that communicate via tcp/ip probably won't work. The odd thing here is that even uninstalling F105-88 will not fix the issue. Even installing a different kernel (uberkernel, f102, etc) will not fix the issue. Once this happens, the phone must be re-doctored to work correctly again.

    My conclusion on the F105-88 issue is that there must be some other configuration change that takes place when the ipk is installed other than just the kernel that ends up breaking things. I'm currently going through the package contents to see what that might be, but I haven't come up with anything yet. If anyone has any insight on what else is changed other than the kernel, please let me know. If I can't find anything, I may try manually installing just the kernel file itself without using the ipk.
  10. noahisaac's Avatar
    Posts
    81 Posts
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    #650  
    Quote Originally Posted by noahisaac View Post
    So, I really wanted to do thorough testing and get a very stable 2.2.4 on my pre plus, but unfortunately my original Pre Plus died (can no longer recognize batteries). More recently, I remembered an old client of mine that used to use Pre's for their employees. They were kind enough to donate three Verizon Pre Plusses to me!!! Yay!

    I did a full erase on all of them and installed 2.2.4. After about 2 weeks of testing, here are some interesting tidbits I came up with:

    - If you really want to do it right, do a full erase of your device and DO NOT restore your old profile data. My old 1.4.5.1 profile data caused all sorts of issues with 2.2.4
    - with the stock kernel, crashes happen about 3 - 4 times per day with moderate usage
    - with Uberkernel, crashes happen about 6 - 8 times per day with moderate usage. This seems to be true with just about any govnah settings.
    - with the F105-88 kernel running at 500Mhz, lagfree governor, overvolted to 1225, I have not yet had a crash (***see issue below***)
    - the crashes that happen are Luna hangs. The kernel itself seems to keep on going (phone calls continue, freetether still works, etc), you just can't do anything new since Luna stops working.
    - ***F105-88 Issue*** With this kernel, networking is somehow impaired. Even on a freshly erased, newly meta-doctored phone, installing F105-88 will cause certain things to fail - many websites will not work, apps that communicate via tcp/ip probably won't work. The odd thing here is that even uninstalling F105-88 will not fix the issue. Even installing a different kernel (uberkernel, f102, etc) will not fix the issue. Once this happens, the phone must be re-doctored to work correctly again.

    My conclusion on the F105-88 issue is that there must be some other configuration change that takes place when the ipk is installed other than just the kernel that ends up breaking things. I'm currently going through the package contents to see what that might be, but I haven't come up with anything yet. If anyone has any insight on what else is changed other than the kernel, please let me know. If I can't find anything, I may try manually installing just the kernel file itself without using the ipk.
    So, I manually installed the F105-88 kernel on one of the pre plusses that I have, and it all works!!! Yay! Web browsing is not broken as it was when using the ipk to install, and all other features/apps seem to be working as intended. For the edification of those who are not familiar with a manual install of a kernel (like me):

    1. on an ubuntu or debian machine, unpack the F105-88 ipk file using the "ar x archivename" command.
    2. unpack the data.tar.gz file, find the kernel uImage file (can't remember the exact location right now), along with the System and config files (all in the same directory), and copy them to the /boot directory on the pre. You'll have to overwrite the kernel files that are already there.
    3. Reboot

    Unfortunately, so far in testing, the same govnah settings i had previously found to be stable (lagfree, 500Mhz, overvolted to 1225) did not work well for me. Instead I've been trying a govnah profile using screenstatev3 at 500/700Mhz, overvolted to 1225. This seems to be better, but I've only been testing for a few hours, so it's too early to tell. I'll report back more after a few days, and then again after a week. If I can go several days between crashes/reboots, that's good enough for me, though it would certainly be awesome to go for weeks (months?) as I did with 1.4.5.1.
  11.    #651  
    Quote Originally Posted by noahisaac View Post
    So, I really wanted to do thorough testing and get a very stable 2.2.4 on my pre plus, but unfortunately my original Pre Plus died (can no longer recognize batteries). More recently, I remembered an old client of mine that used to use Pre's for their employees. They were kind enough to donate three Verizon Pre Plusses to me!!! Yay!

    I did a full erase on all of them and installed 2.2.4. After about 2 weeks of testing, here are some interesting tidbits I came up with:

    - If you really want to do it right, do a full erase of your device and DO NOT restore your old profile data. My old 1.4.5.1 profile data caused all sorts of issues with 2.2.4
    - with the stock kernel, crashes happen about 3 - 4 times per day with moderate usage
    - with Uberkernel, crashes happen about 6 - 8 times per day with moderate usage. This seems to be true with just about any govnah settings.
    - with the F105-88 kernel running at 500Mhz, lagfree governor, overvolted to 1225, I have not yet had a crash (***see issue below***)
    - the crashes that happen are Luna hangs. The kernel itself seems to keep on going (phone calls continue, freetether still works, etc), you just can't do anything new since Luna stops working.
    - ***F105-88 Issue*** With this kernel, networking is somehow impaired. Even on a freshly erased, newly meta-doctored phone, installing F105-88 will cause certain things to fail - many websites will not work, apps that communicate via tcp/ip probably won't work. The odd thing here is that even uninstalling F105-88 will not fix the issue. Even installing a different kernel (uberkernel, f102, etc) will not fix the issue. Once this happens, the phone must be re-doctored to work correctly again.

    My conclusion on the F105-88 issue is that there must be some other configuration change that takes place when the ipk is installed other than just the kernel that ends up breaking things. I'm currently going through the package contents to see what that might be, but I haven't come up with anything yet. If anyone has any insight on what else is changed other than the kernel, please let me know. If I can't find anything, I may try manually installing just the kernel file itself without using the ipk.
    If you read the first post, all this is already detailed, you must use the "Others" method to install F105 as the build process incorporates what is needed, for the kernel to function, overwriting the webOS 2.2.4 kernel modules with webOS 2.1.0 kernel modules is not recommended and is what causes erratic behavior. Also as the build incorporates the modules is also corrects the MD5SUMS files related to the files it modified (so one can pass ROM verification during the doctor phase). I am glad others have attempted this and are trying to make it better.

    Once Open webOS is released the code for LUNA might be reversed engineered to work on a previous version, unknown at this time, but there are Hooks in the Kernel patches for webOS 2.2.4 that are not present in F105 or the Palm/HP webOS 2.1.0 kernel, I have mashed the kernels (Pre2 webOS 2.2.4 kernel and PrePlus webOS 2.1.0 kernel) together and found, once settled I have gotten a better response from LUNA but it has not lasted for more then seven days.

    Thanks for reporting your trial and errors and looking forward to more...

    Quote Originally Posted by noahisaac View Post
    So, I manually installed the F105-88 kernel on one of the pre plusses that I have, and it all works!!! Yay! Web browsing is not broken as it was when using the ipk to install, and all other features/apps seem to be working as intended. For the edification of those who are not familiar with a manual install of a kernel (like me):

    1. on an ubuntu or debian machine, unpack the F105-88 ipk file using the "ar x archivename" command.
    2. unpack the data.tar.gz file, find the kernel uImage file (can't remember the exact location right now), along with the System and config files (all in the same directory), and copy them to the /boot directory on the pre. You'll have to overwrite the kernel files that are already there.
    3. Reboot

    Unfortunately, so far in testing, the same govnah settings i had previously found to be stable (lagfree, 500Mhz, overvolted to 1225) did not work well for me. Instead I've been trying a govnah profile using screenstatev3 at 500/700Mhz, overvolted to 1225. This seems to be better, but I've only been testing for a few hours, so it's too early to tell. I'll report back more after a few days, and then again after a week. If I can go several days between crashes/reboots, that's good enough for me, though it would certainly be awesome to go for weeks (months?) as I did with 1.4.5.1.
    Last edited by John Steffes; 06/05/2012 at 09:25 AM.
  12. ranma.5's Avatar
    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    #652  
    Doctored AT&T preplus to webos 2.2.4 this weekend, since I couldn't log into my profile using the 2.1 doctor. Appears that the superscript is included in the 2.1 upgrade procedure on webos-internals.org's site. I just made the two word changes (carrier, and model) as suggested to the superverizon script. After install, I was able to log into my profile (which I couldn't do with the 2.1 doctor). Don't see skype, or classic, but flash works. Typical issue of hanging, and getting hot. I have installed the Uber-Kernel with default settings. It's a little more stable, but have had one hang this morning after a phone call.

    This is my first experience with webos 2, and I love it! Thanks all!
  13. ranma.5's Avatar
    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    #653  
    looks like some Unicode fonts are missing. Text files that I was able to read in 1.4.5 can no longer be read in 2.2.4... Utf-8?
  14. ranma.5's Avatar
    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    #654  
    Quote Originally Posted by ranma View Post
    Doctored AT&T preplus to webos 2.2.4 this weekend, since I couldn't log into my profile using the 2.1 doctor. Appears that the superscript is included in the 2.1 upgrade procedure on webos-internals.org's site. I just made the two word changes (carrier, and model) as suggested to the superverizon script. After install, I was able to log into my profile (which I couldn't do with the 2.1 doctor). Don't see skype, or classic, but flash works. Typical issue of hanging, and getting hot. I have installed the Uber-Kernel with default settings. It's a little more stable, but have had one hang this morning after a phone call.

    This is my first experience with webos 2, and I love it! Thanks all!
    I had to re-doctored my at&t pre using the test-att script. Way more stable than the super-verizon (not reading thoroughly, I guess). Have not hang on me yet.

    Now on to which fonts to get the text to show up correctly...
  15.    #655  
    Quote Originally Posted by ranma View Post
    looks like some Unicode fonts are missing. Text files that I was able to read in 1.4.5 can no longer be read in 2.2.4... Utf-8?
    Quote Originally Posted by ranma View Post
    I had to re-doctored my at&t pre using the test-att script. Way more stable than the super-verizon (not reading thoroughly, I guess). Have not hang on me yet.

    Now on to which fonts to get the text to show up correctly...
    There are several Modules that changed (in relation to fonts) from webOS 2.1.0 to webOS 2.2.4:
    preplus/fontconfig-utils.control preplus.224/fontconfig-utils.control
    Build: 285
    Version: 2.6.0-r3
    ---
    Build: 160
    Version: 2.6.0-r1palm4
    preplus/fontconfig.control preplus.224/fontconfig.control
    Build: 285
    Version: 2.6.0-r3
    ---
    Build: 160
    Version: 2.6.0-r1palm4
    preplus/luna-fonts-cjkv.control preplus.224/luna-fonts-cjkv.control
    Build: 285
    ---
    Build: 160
    preplus/luna-fonts-prelude.control preplus.224/luna-fonts-prelude.control
    Build: 285
    Version: 1.0-1
    InstalledSize: 458752
    InstalledSize-rootfs: 499712
    Source: svn://subversion.palm.com/main/nova/palm/luna/luna-fonts-prelude/submissions;module=1;proto=http
    ---
    Build: 160
    Version: 1.0-3
    InstalledSize: 5419008
    InstalledSize-rootfs: 5558272
    Source: svn://subversion.palm.com/main/nova/palm/luna/luna-fonts-prelude/submissions;module=3;proto=http
    preplus/luna-fonts.control preplus.224/luna-fonts.control
    Build: 285
    ---
    Build: 160

    As these have to do with Luna, even if you copy the fonts over that does not mean Luna will use them, as the Luna System is compiled there is a chance that it will just use what is available.

    The test-att-preplus-2.2.4 is designed around an AT&T device it is not supered but has the AT&T carrier applications, to work better with the carrier.

    Thanks for testing this script and if you need anything to further assist please do not hesitate to ask.
  16. #656  
    Is it possible to get Uber or F105 working for the Sprint Pre? What would be the procedures? I see a few entries for the getting them to work on the Pre Plus but not the Pre -.
  17. #657  
    Quote Originally Posted by k4ever View Post
    Is it possible to get Uber or F105 working for the Sprint Pre? What would be the procedures? I see a few entries for the getting them to work on the Pre Plus but not the Pre -.
    I added unixpsycho's 2.2.4 Pre feed to Preware. Install F105 from there.
  18.    #658  
    Quote Originally Posted by k4ever View Post
    I added unixpsycho's 2.2.4 Pre feed to Preware. Install F105 from there.
    The others.zip (on first post) documents how to include other kernels during the doctor build process. It is advised to use that process, the existing build of f105 uses webOS 2.1.0 kernel modules which can cause stability issues.
  19. #659  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    The others.zip (on first post) documents how to include other kernels during the doctor build process. It is advised to use that process, the existing build of f105 uses webOS 2.1.0 kernel modules which can cause stability issues.
    John, thanks! I did try the procedures in the others.zip file prior to using the 2.2.4 f105 kernel from unixpsycho's site. The script stopped with an error each time (running against the test-sprint-pre script). I've got a busy next few days. When I get a chance I will post the output.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  20.    #660  
    Quote Originally Posted by k4ever View Post
    John, thanks! I did try the procedures in the others.zip file prior to using the 2.2.4 f105 kernel from unixpsycho's site. The script stopped with an error each time (running against the test-sprint-pre script). I've got a busy next few days. When I get a chance I will post the output.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Let me know if there are issues I can fix, the script unpacks the kernel ipk (tested on a mac) other Unix flavors have used ar. I have Verizon so I have tested the sprint script but not on a device, it was tested by another member on this forum and they reported it worked. So if there is something I can fix let me know...

Posting Permissions