Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 212627282930313233343536 LastLast
Like Tree78Likes
    I used the test-wr-preplus-2.2.4 script. The attached file is the log file. Please check the .txt file.
    Thanks for your kind help.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  2.    #602  
    Quote Originally Posted by laoz View Post
    I used the test-wr-preplus-2.2.4 script. The attached file is the log file. Please check the .txt file.
    Thanks for your kind help.
    Quote Originally Posted by zingiber View Post
    I am facing the same problem of laoz (same device Pre plus WR) using test-wr-preplus-2.2.4 scripts.... and have already removed the (auto), and the end of the script. The problem still remain
    Yep found issue, add CUSTOM_WEBOS_TARBALL=${WEBOS_TARBALL} to ARG list should look like this

ARGS="${ARGS} ENABLE_DEVELOPER_MODE=1 DISABLE_UPLOAD_DAEMON=1 DISABLE_UPDATE_DAEMON=1 CUSTOM_MODEL_CHECK=P100UNA,P100UEU,P101UNA,P101UEU CUSTOM_DEVICETYPE=castle CUSTOM_WEBOS_DMSET=312 CUSTOM_WEBOS_TARBALL=${WEBOS_TARBALL} CUSTOM_CARRIER_TARBALL=${CARRIER_TARBALL} CUSTOM_BUILD_INFO=${BUILD_INFO} PATIENT=${PATIENT} VERSION=2.2.4 DEVICE=pre2 CARRIER=wr"

Thanks both of you for pointing it out...

Further research it was never added when I went from PrePlus Doctor to Pre2 Doctor I revised the code in Build 28.

Also updated the other scripts (including first post) to match new test AT&T script which included Luna md5sums fix, removed the --auto by many user requests, and previous already pushed fixed md -r to md5sums in all scripts
    Last edited by John Steffes; 02/18/2012 at 07:13 AM.
    Did the location of database files get moved in this version? All I'm trying to do is make a copy of the PalmDatabase.db3 file. Everywhere I read tells me that the file should be located in /var/luna/data/dbdata, but there is no dbdata folder in that location on my phone...

Internalz Pro can't see the folder, Quick Install can't copy anything from the folder, novaterm doesn't show that folder when running the ls command in /var/luna/data .... must be somewhere else.
  4.    #604  
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleFart9 View Post
    Did the location of database files get moved in this version? All I'm trying to do is make a copy of the PalmDatabase.db3 file. Everywhere I read tells me that the file should be located in /var/luna/data/dbdata, but there is no dbdata folder in that location on my phone...

Internalz Pro can't see the folder, Quick Install can't copy anything from the folder, novaterm doesn't show that folder when running the ls command in /var/luna/data .... must be somewhere else.
    From my understanding webOS 2.x.x does not have a PalmDatabase.db3.

Most of the Preferences are now under /var/preferences, the messages are saved in "/var/db/main/objects.db" file, and the other files...

Googleing around they say don't touch the objects.db file...

What are you trying to do?
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    From my understanding webOS 2.x.x does not have a PalmDatabase.db3.

Most of the Preferences are now under /var/preferences, the messages are saved in "/var/db/main/objects.db" file, and the other files...

Googleing around they say don't touch the objects.db file...

What are you trying to do?
    Just trying to make a backup/export of the phone copy of my palm profile contacts...per this link and others like it: http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...abase.db3_File
    BTW I appreciate you giving my question the time of day despite it being apparently off topic. I thought that it being missing was something new since I couldn't find anything about phone versions that apply to this.
  6.    #606  
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleFart9 View Post
    Just trying to make a backup/export of the phone copy of my palm profile contacts...per this link and others like it: PalmDatabase.db3 File - WebOS Internals
    BTW I appreciate you giving my question the time of day despite it being apparently off topic. I thought that it being missing was something new since I couldn't find anything about phone versions that apply to this.
    According to this thread Exporting contacts from WebOS 2.1

Originally Posted by jays_pre
    There is any even easier way. I did this via chat with Palm, because I want to have a backup copy myself:
    1.) Dial ##66623#
    2.) Tap Cellebrite Export
    3.) When it is done, connect the phone to the computer
    4.) Select USB drive then Open the Palm Pre drive
    5.) Make sure that "Show hidden files and folders" is selected in your pc (folder options)
    6.) Open the TEMP folder
    7.) A file called "PIMmigration" will be inside the TEMP folder, copy this file to the desktop.
    It will show one contact, BUT! now open your gmail, go to your contacts & pick more actions & import the vcard from where you saved it. ALL the contacts will move to Google/Gmail.
    viola! done!

FYI I did this on my Pre2 running webOS 2.2.4, PrePlus running webOS 2.2.4, and PixiPlus running webOS 2.1.0 and it worked fine on all three devices... I also viewed the PmMigration.vcf file in TextEdit on my mac and I see all the contacts just fine... Now the folder was .temp on my mac not temp.
    Last edited by John Steffes; 02/18/2012 at 05:13 PM.
    PickleFart9 likes this.
    According to this thread Exporting contacts from WebOS 2.1

Originally Posted by jays_pre
    There is any even easier way. I did this via chat with Palm, because I want to have a backup copy myself:
    1.) Dial ##66623#
    2.) Tap Cellebrite Export
    3.) When it is done, connect the phone to the computer
    4.) Select USB drive then Open the Palm Pre drive
    5.) Make sure that "Show hidden files and folders" is selected in your pc (folder options)
    6.) Open the TEMP folder
    7.) A file called "PIMmigration" will be inside the TEMP folder, copy this file to the desktop.
    It will show one contact, BUT! now open your gmail, go to your contacts & pick more actions & import the vcard from where you saved it. ALL the contacts will move to Google/Gmail.
    viola! done!

FYI I did this on my Pre2 running webOS 2.2.4, PrePlus running webOS 2.2.4, and PixiPlus running webOS 2.1.0 and it worked fine on all three devices... I also viewed the PmMigration.vcf file in TextEdit on my mac and I see all the contacts just fine... Now the folder was .temp on my mac not temp.
    Really makes me feel stupid for not finding this on my search but thanks for helping! Worked a charm.
    Sorry this is not posted on a WiKi yet, I am working on one but awaiting access to post it. The big issues are the lockup/freezing depending on various factors. Other then that all functionality in webOS 2.2.4 works on the PrePlus... Using the F105 Kernel (look at first post in this thread) from the beginning seems to be the most stable, although it will still lockup/freeze. I am working on porting the Pre2 kernel over to the PrePlus (this takes time to test)... Until I get a stable release I will not release the kernel I am using now... it is much better the f105, but not 100% yet...
    Hi John, what an amazing job! I will wait for the post on wiki internals. I just want to say to you that you're work and dedication is awesome. Thank you in the name of the worldwide webos community. Your job is fantastic.
    Well i was trying things, and found a test script webos 2.1 exists that implements the bluetooth SPP, enyo (now anyway is avaliable to lower versions). I modified it to implement the 2.2.4 skype into it, well....now skype messaging works as already known. Modifying the phone app, I was finally able to make calls via 2.1 phone app using skype protocol.

Now the trouble is that the phone app doesn't recognise weather the call is in progress or not. I mean, it makes the call, upon answering it, the phone app still shows connecting in place of the timer showing call in progress.

Also if you know, are there any special requirement of the phone app that makes it work (2.2.4 app), coz bringing over the complete app doesn't work, VPP mediasyncserver and sometimes LunaSysMgr dies coz of the shuffle. Few people told me that enyo doesn't work properly on versions below 2.2.4, maybe that is the reason.

Anyway am trying skype on 2.1 currently for those who cannot shift to 2.2.4, say pixi users and others. For rest i think we have no better option then to actually get 2.2.4 to work, the kernel i believe is in development stage, till it is not available, i'll keep trying ways possible....and modifying the phone app to actually make the skype calls, wasn't much of editing but took a lot to understand the phone app and skype daemon, so just want to know some things that i am not aware of, all related to this phone app.
    -Mayank Mall
    Just an Update,still running 2.2.4 on my PrePlus as my primary phone,w/ stock kernel,reboots seem to be very few,maybe once a day when messing with bluetooth and wifi,other than that its running like a champ. Fixing to try and slide in the UberKernel and see if it helps with the few reboots im actually getting and smooth out the music app which i prob use more than anything else. Facebook,as with ANY phone is still kinda laggy,so i dont think its specific to this build. I know this doesnt really apply these days with todays hardware, but im wondering if maybe a couple of days of "burn-in-time" has sorted out some of the stability issues.
    Last edited by TabascoTX; 02/21/2012 at 01:01 PM.
    Im getting an error when trying to Doctor the F105 kernel.

"gzip: stdin: not in gzip format
    tar: Child returned status 1
    tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
    tar (child): kernels/f105.preplus/pack/data.tar.gz: Cannot open: No such file or directory
    tar (child): Error is not recoverable: exiting now
    tar: Child returned status 2
    mv: cannot stat `kernels/f105.preplus/files/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.kernels.psycho-f105-kernel-pre/additional_files/boot/uImage-2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430': No such file or directory
    mv: cannot stat `kernels/f105.preplus/files/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.kernels.psycho-f105-kernel-pre/additional_files/boot/config-2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430': No such file or directory
    mv: cannot stat `kernels/f105.preplus/files/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.kernels.psycho-f105-kernel-pre/additional_files/boot/System.map-2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430': No such file or directory
    mv: cannot stat `kernels/f105.preplus/files/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.kernels.psycho-f105-kernel-pre/additional_files/lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/crypto/pcbc.ko': No such file or directory
    mv: cannot stat `kernels/f105.preplus/files/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.kernels.psycho-f105-kernel-pre/additional_files/lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/drivers/block/nbd.ko': No such file or directory
    mv: cannot stat `kernels/f105.preplus/files/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.kernels.psycho-f105-kernel-pre/additional_files/lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/drivers/scsi/scsi_wait_scan.ko': No such file or directory"

Whats crazy is i was able to pull the ipk file,but it installed like it was an app not a kernel.
    Also i was looking at your script,if i modify your script not to install ATT Navigation,what do i save the file as?(File Name/Type Etc.) Also,is there a way to add f105 to the script to install instead of the default?
    Im going to look at the other scripts to see if i can add the T-Mobile APN and MMS stuff with it. I wish there was a way to look at some of the European builds,i know T-Mobile Germany carries or did carry Palm Devices and they are GSM. Wondering if looking into them would help me throw together something for us here in the US.
    Last edited by TabascoTX; 02/21/2012 at 06:05 PM.
  12.    #612  
    Quote Originally Posted by TabascoTX View Post
    Im getting an error when trying to Doctor the F105 kernel.

tar (child): kernels/f105.preplus/pack/data.tar.gz: Cannot open: No such file or directory
    tar (child): Error is not recoverable: exiting now
    tar: Child returned status 2
    mv: cannot stat `kernels/f105.preplus/files/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.kernels.psycho-f105-kernel-pre/additional_files/boot/uImage-2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430': No such file or directory
    mv: cannot stat `kernels/f105.preplus/files/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.kernels.psycho-f105-kernel-pre/additional_files/boot/config-2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430': No such file or directory
    mv: cannot stat `kernels/f105.preplus/files/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.kernels.psycho-f105-kernel-pre/additional_files/boot/System.map-2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430': No such file or directory
    mv: cannot stat `kernels/f105.preplus/files/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.kernels.psycho-f105-kernel-pre/additional_files/lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/crypto/pcbc.ko': No such file or directory
    mv: cannot stat `kernels/f105.preplus/files/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.kernels.psycho-f105-kernel-pre/additional_files/lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/drivers/block/nbd.ko': No such file or directory
    mv: cannot stat `kernels/f105.preplus/files/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.kernels.psycho-f105-kernel-pre/additional_files/lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/drivers/scsi/scsi_wait_scan.ko': No such file or directory"

Whats crazy is i was able to pull the ipk file,but it installed like it was an app not a kernel.
    Also i was looking at your script,if i modify your script not to install ATT Navigation,what do i save the file as?(File Name/Type Etc.) Also,is there a way to add f105 to the script to install instead of the default?
    Im going to look at the other scripts to see if i can add the T-Mobile APN and MMS stuff with it. I wish there was a way to look at some of the European builds,i know T-Mobile Germany carries or did carry Palm Devices and they are GSM. Wondering if looking into them would help me throw together something for us here in the US.
    The readme file in the others.zip explains how to inject the f105 in the build by default, as this is a experimental I will not explain any further then that.

The scripts in the others.zip were designed on a MAC and work on a MAC, to get them to work on other unix flavors others have modified the script in a few posts/pages back again, this is experimental and I will not link that post, but it did work for that user.

There script is erring out because it can not extract the file it wants to extract. Look at the script, and see what it is doing others have used various tools to extracted these kinds of files (google is your friend), again this is experimental and I do not wish to explain it in any further detail.

If one wants a kernel other then the Palm Default there is information on the first post on what to do to once one gets the kernels they seek (again google is your friend look for the file referenced in the first post).

As this process is not blessed by webOS Internals I am not trying to make anyone upset, I am trying to make it easy, but also not for the uber new user. Experimenting with other kernels could have great issues, Good and Bad and I do not wish to lead someone down the wrong path.

However, if you can not get things working you can also PM me and we can discuss it privately and I would be happy to help.

As far as the AT&T Navigator just remove it from the AT&T apps I am bringing over from the Pre3 AT&T doctor, or after the fact one could also use the command line and ipkg remove it.
    Last edited by John Steffes; 02/21/2012 at 07:44 PM.
    TabascoTX likes this.
    Thanks for your patience and advice,I'm not trying to be a pain in the ****,just a learning curve on my part. I can report iHeartRadio does work with AppTuckerBox,I got the Preware Palm Catalog to load after de-selecting all other feeds.It took a while as there is around 9500 apps,it might reboot once just before loading,but it will work,just be patient. It loads and plays local stations great,just FYI the stop button is hidden under the heart icon,just hit the heart icon to stop the station from playing. Ive got the ipk file i need for f105,now just to re-read and figure it out..lol Thanks again for all your advice and patience.
  14.    #614  
    Quote Originally Posted by TabascoTX View Post
    Thanks for your patience and advice,I'm not trying to be a pain in the ****,just a learning curve on my part. I can report iHeartRadio does work with AppTuckerBox,I got the Preware Palm Catalog to load after de-selecting all other feeds.It took a while as there is around 9500 apps,it might reboot once just before loading,but it will work,just be patient. It loads and plays local stations great,just FYI the stop button is hidden under the heart icon,just hit the heart icon to stop the station from playing. Ive got the ipk file i need for f105,now just to re-read and figure it out..lol Thanks again for all your advice and patience.
    Your Welcome, I am always willing to help anyone test this process as with an experiment there might be hiccups along the way but with webOS Internals App Tucker Box, meta-doctor, and there great work, this would not be possible... I have not put iHeartRadio on my phone but do use it on the touchpad... Glad you got it working and this process of webOS 2.2.4 on the PrePlus works for you and hope that when and if you find a way to make this process better you post that...

Again if you have any issue that I can assist with please let me know...

FYI So far I have about 1000 users who have informed me they have used this process and it worked for them. That makes webOS live just a little longer...

New test, but as Verizon will not add Visual Voicemail feature to my plan it will not work:
    Visual Voice Mail on PrePlus?
    Last edited by John Steffes; 02/23/2012 at 02:04 PM.
    junvtd likes this.
    So on a Pre Minus, how is the performance with this?

Is it useable, or should I stick with 2.1?
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post

I tried this with an old Pre-, loading it as a developer device (no cdma) and to be honest I would not trust it to be my daily driver. I appreciate the concept, but I don't think the hardware in a minus is adequate enough to run 2.2.4. Even with overclocking the number of times a reboot has been needed isn't worth the effort compared to a minus running 2.1.

Hopefully others will disagree with me and have had better results.

Hans
  17.    #617  
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post

Quote Originally Posted by hans109h View Post
    I tried this with an old Pre-, loading it as a developer device (no cdma) and to be honest I would not trust it to be my daily driver. I appreciate the concept, but I don't think the hardware in a minus is adequate enough to run 2.2.4. Even with overclocking the number of times a reboot has been needed isn't worth the effort compared to a minus running 2.1.

Hopefully others will disagree with me and have had better results.

Hans
    I have a PrePlus not a Pre so I do not know the full differences, what I have researched it has less ram 256 vs 512 and 8G of flash instead of 16G. Now I also have read that the ram/flash used in the pre plus was faster then the pre, not sure if that is true or not. I have also read that concerning the pre plus vs the pre 2 and the pixi plus vs the pixi, but again have no proof one way or the other...

webOS 2.2.4 is a power hungry OS, I use it as my day to day phone, with a better kernel then the stock (f105) it performs ok (still locks up/freezes) but is functional for me but I have a Pre Plus,YMMV.

webOS 2.1.0 is more stable and will always be your best bet unless HP/Palm release a real version of webOS 2.2.4 for Pre/PrePlus, this experiment proves that it does work and if it had the right compiled components from the start it would be better...

FYI My rant... Wish HP/Palm supported the older Palm devices and released an unlock webOS 2.2.4 doctor (they can not be under contract forever with a carrier) for all devices Pixi/PixiPlus, Pre/PrePlus, and Veer...

All they would have to do is put up a link when you use the ( http://palm.com/rom ) to the existing carrier version and an unlocked version. The choice of the OS version should be up to us (the owner of the device purchased) not the carrier!
    Last edited by John Steffes; 02/27/2012 at 12:25 PM.
    Having skimmed through I'm getting the impression this whole process still isn't buttery smooth. Seeing as my launch pre funny enough is my main phone I don't feel obliged to take chances yet.

How stable is all this, and is 2.0 onwards in prime time for installation on Pre minuses? Thanks.

And yes I'm a user of preware and the like. I've always been fine tweaking touchpad, ipod touch, other devices I have but hesitant on this little guy.

And yes more than anything ram/rom is the Pre minuses undoing. Perhaps if WebOS as a whole was more optimized. The 256 just doesn't cut it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treyster View Post
    Having skimmed through I'm getting the impression this whole process still isn't buttery smooth. Seeing as my launch pre funny enough is my main phone I don't feel obliged to take chances yet.

How stable is all this, and is 2.0 onwards in prime time for installation on Pre minuses? Thanks.

And yes I'm a user of preware and the like. I've always been fine tweaking touchpad, ipod touch, other devices I have but hesitant on this little guy.

And yes more than anything ram/rom is the Pre minuses undoing. Perhaps if WebOS as a whole was more optimized. The 256 just doesn't cut it.
    If you have a Pre Minus, forget it.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    If you have a Pre Minus, forget it.

-- Rod
    Thanks for a clear and concise answer Rod.