Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Like Tree78Likes
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Yes, the hardware type is incorrect. We need to find out which package sets that and carry it across from the castle rootfs.

It's luna-prefs:

luna-prefs.list:1:/etc/prefs/properties/deviceName
    luna-prefs.list:2:/etc/prefs/properties/deviceNameBranded
    luna-prefs.list:3:/etc/prefs/properties/deviceNameShort
    luna-prefs.list:4:/etc/prefs/properties/deviceNameShortBranded
    luna-prefs.list:5:/etc/prefs/properties/machineName

Adding that to both scripts now and testing.

Update: get a ROM verification error. Will need to make the Makefile handle a migrated package with different file contents more cleanly.

-- Rod
    I took a stab at the luna-prefs... using the old BUILD_INFO head/tail to fix the md5sums...

Newer version (15) now posted and pushed via git...
    Last edited by John Steffes; 12/27/2011 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Removed reference to version 14...
    wow, great job. still waiting for 2.2.4 for palm pre ,,,, cheer up bors
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by mirhasan View Post
    wow, great job. still waiting for 2.2.4 for palm pre ,,,, cheer up bors
    I put instructions on the first post how to modify the script to test on all devices... Also Rod's script (test-wr-preplus-2.2.4) will work on all pre/preplus wr devices from my understanding...
    Last edited by John Steffes; 12/27/2011 at 03:07 PM.
    Just out of curiosity, could the same method be used for the Veer instead of the current "restore a backup" method that I published (based on NuttyBunny's 2.1.0 method for Pixi+)?
    Last edited by Herrie; 12/27/2011 at 11:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    I put instructions on the first post how to modify the script to test on all devices... Also rod script will work on all wr devices from my understanding...
    Shouldn't that say: Rod's script will work on all WR Pre2 devices? Or will it work on Pre- devices too? I had no chance to build a Doctor yet. I had to reset my dev environment and get a VM up running Ubuntu so hopefully I will try it on my Pre- tonight.
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Just out of curiosity, could the same method be used for the Veer instead of the current "restore a backup" method that I published (based on NuttyBunny's 2.1.0 method for Pixi+)?
    I would think, yes if one compared the existing webos 2.2.4 for veer against the pre3 webos 2.2.4 (compare the .control files) see which are common and which are not, assuming veer and pre3 have similar hardware... Also Pixi could do this as well...
    I would think, yes if one compared the existing webos 2.2.4 for veer against the pre3 webos 2.2.4 (compare the .control files) see which are common and which are not, assuming veer and pre3 have similar hardware... Also Pixi could do this as well...
    Where can I find these .control files?
    Can test it tomorrow on my german O2 pre-. The device info app from 2.1 says ROW. Is this meant by rw?
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    Rod's script will work on all WR Pre2 devices? Or will it work on Pre- devices.
    One does not need a script for Pre2 because the DR from HP is wr. I created the test-verizon-preplus-2.2.4 script for the Verizon PREPLUS and Rod made the test-wr-preplus-2.2.4 script he has it set for all devices (CUSTOM_MODEL_CHECK=P100UNA,P100UEU,P101UNA,P101UEU) pre and preplus. As verizon just had a preplus I only look for that device. A Sprint script was not created yet, but someone who has a sprint device can create a script with the right ipk files for that carrier...
    Last edited by John Steffes; 12/27/2011 at 03:18 PM.
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Where can I find these .control files?
    Once you have NuttyBunny's build file extract it, or on the veer, go under usr/lib/ipkg/info and that is where all the .control, .list, and .md5sums you need to copy to compare...
    Last edited by John Steffes; 12/27/2011 at 03:12 PM.
  11.    #51  

There are still 79 modules that are copied over... do they need to be there... Some like the mp3 decompression is updated in 2.2.4 to handle ogg, currently the build copies over the PREPLUS version which does not have that... is it compiled special for the CPU or can it be left at PRE2 versions... there is a lot of work to be done... Camera reboots, why is there something missing, would the PRE2 versions work (looks like different hardware 36xx [PRE2] 34xx [PREPLUS]) or is that misleading... lots of questions... tixxx drivers could they stay at PRE2 versions?

Look at modules.txt to see the remaining modules, if they are the same version, or different, remove them from the script (meaning delete the module name from both sections), rebuild doctor, re-slam, does it work??? report findings..
    Here are some tips, document which module you are going to remove. Some say I do not know how to script, any one can script, it is not hard, like reading a book, just need to figure what to do (read left to right, or right to left, or up to down, down to up, know the character set and the grammar used). Well open the script up in a text editor find the First Make:

$make VERSION=2.1.0 DEVICE=preplus CARRIER=wr \
    EXTRA_ROOTFS_IPKGS="bootloader kernel-dev kernel-module-oprofile kernel-module-scsi-wait-scan luna-keymaps....

This part of the script is what extracts files from the PREPLUS doctor to inject into the PRE2 WEBOS.TAR, remove a module from there...

Second Make:
    $make ${ARGS} \
    DELETE_ROOTFS_IPKGS="camd-omap36xx camsrc-omap36xx pmmedia-omap36xx tisgxgfx-roadrunner" \
    EXTRA_ROOTFS_IPKGS="bootloader kernel-dev kernel-module-oprofile kernel-module-scsi-wait-scan luna-keymaps...

This part of the script is what builds the new meta-doctor, Remove that same module from there...

Run the new script, did it build, now install the firmware on to your PRE/PREPLUS, does it boot, does it work, or does it fail... Document what you did and the results and post on this thread...

I know there are things that are not working camera, music does not play right, but these things are most likely defects from bringing over the PREPLUS version of files that should stay PRE2. Without testers, removing modules we will never know...

Some modules I think have to stay (any thing with Kernel, hardware specific like camd-omap34xx and camsrc-omap34xx) but everything else might be able to go...

FYI this is not for prime time users yet... still need these kinks worked out... please help...
    Last edited by John Steffes; 12/27/2011 at 07:45 PM.
    I took a stab at the luna-prefs... using the old BUILD_INFO head/tail to fix the md5sums...

Newer version (15) now posted and pushed via git...
    Pushed an alternate version of that code in the -wr script which uses the replace-md5sums script.

Device profile now has the correct hardwareType, however novacom still thinks the device is a roadrunner ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    Shouldn't that say: Rod's script will work on all WR Pre2 devices? Or will it work on Pre- devices too? I had no chance to build a Doctor yet. I had to reset my dev environment and get a VM up running Ubuntu so hopefully I will try it on my Pre- tonight.
    The script is test-wr-preplus-2.2.4, but is designed to work on any GSM Pre or Pre+ (note that it does not include any AT&T carrier specific apps).

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    I just finished installing what I'm pretty sure was #15. I doctored back to 1.4.5 to see if I could clear up the missing USB storage space issue. Once back to 1.4.5 the space was back up to 15.4 (up from 4.6) GB. One thing I had noticed when running the doctors was the I was seeing a report of 9 volumes active while I was pretty sure it should be 8 volumes. This round the report showed: "MountUtils: 8 logical volume(s) in volume group "store" now active", which seems right now.

I had to do a battery pull after a successful flash & reset by the Dr. (stuck at Penguin) but now device info is reporting 15.3 GB!

Camera's not working. It opens then flashes white, then back to grey background w/camera icon, repeat. Music and ring tones won't playback but the phone rings and, as I said in an earlier post, Spotify will stream music. Videos, however, do play!

I'm going to check a few more things on restore, then poke around for possible camera and music player solutions.

Cheers!
    So I went back to my hack/manual thing and added the following files from the Pre2 2.2.4 Dr.to the build from Script #15 and got ringtones and mp3's playing:

./lib/dsp:
    mp3dec_sn.dll64P
    ./usr/alsa-lib:
    libasound_module_ctl_pulse.so libasound_module_pcm_pulse.so smixer
    ./usr/alsa-lib/smixer:
    smixer-ac97.so smixer-hda.so smixer-sbase.so
    ./usr/bin:
    AudioControlTest CameraTest Mp3DecoderTest OMXAudioManager
    ./usr/lib:
    libOMX.TI.Camera.so libOMX.TI.MP3.decode.so
    ./usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10:
    libpalmaudiodecoder.so libpalmaudioencoder.so
    ./usr/lib/ipkg/info:
    palmaudiodecoder-omap34xx.control tiopenmax-audiomanager.md5sums
    palmaudiodecoder-omap34xx.list tiopenmax-camera.control
    palmaudiodecoder-omap34xx.md5sums tiopenmax-camera.md5sums
    palmaudioencoder-omap34xx.control tiopenmax-mp3.control
    palmaudioencoder-omap34xx.list tiopenmax-mp3.md5sums
    palmaudioencoder-omap34xx.md5sums tisocketnode-mp3.control
    tiopenmax-audiomanager.control tisocketnode-mp3.md5sums

Now I just need someone to explain to me (very sloooowly) how to edit the script to bring in these files. . . or. . . well, you know.

There are obviously some camera files that I tried to slip in as well, but may have missed something or, since it a different camera, it may be more difficult to get it working, I suppose.
    mayank likes this.
    It scares me how amazing you guys are at this kind of thing.
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

trowany likes this.
    Just a short update to my last post - The stability seems to have improved greatly with a functioning audio system, far fewer lockups. I'm running WiFi only so I can't say what kind of performance the phone has but it functions perfectly well as a Skype dialer. I've installed several Advanced Framework patches through the 2.2.4 feed and they seem to install fine. I've got Uber-Kernel running a 800/Screenstate without issue. From a user standpoint, a working camera and the Preware feed reporting so it doesn't only offer Pre2 kernels and 2.1 patches are the most glaring issues I've run into in configuring and using the phone.

The most significant difference between the #11 script and the #15 is much better battery life/cooler operation (using the #11 build I was running pretty hot - over 40c quite a bit). Also, whatever was causing the loss of USB storage seems to have been fixed as well.
    trowany likes this.
    How can we download rom, or #15 script , any tips for us ?
    Quote Originally Posted by mirhasan View Post
    How can we download rom, or #15 script , any tips for us ?
    If you have not done a meta-doctor before, it's probably not the ideal time to start with this one.

-- Rod
    should we download sdk 2.2 for mete-doctor
Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast