Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 182324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
Like Tree78Likes
    Novacomd touble still esists.....Just hex editing doesn't help. I now know, that when you try to flash your device using doctor cli(command line) mode which is automatically called after the script is built successfully, you will get that doctor type mismatch error. Though WSQI no longer says its a Pre 2 but still its just a change in name, the actual daemon still thinks its a roadrunner. Maybe am wrong, if so correct me.

You asked for the complete log, here it is...there were few changes in the modules but they weren't the coz to this, am sure of that.

Notice the line at the near end.....it says:
    Feb 8, 2012 4:12:32 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CmdLineInterface logPrint
    INFO: DeviceType on the webOS Dr is : castle and deviceType on the device is : roadrunner

I can confirm now, running the same doctor using java -jar command (gui mode actually) did not give this error, difference in two as i told you before....in command line mode the device check is made directly without going into recovery mode and before the device goes into flash mode whereas in gui mode the device reboots into recovery, device check confirms, reboots again to go into the flash mode.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mayank; 02/08/2012 at 05:16 AM.
    -Mayank Mall
  2.    #542  
    Quote Originally Posted by mayank View Post
    Novacomd touble still esists.....Just hex editing doesn't help. I now know, that when you try to flash your device using doctor cli(command line) mode which is automatically called after the script is built successfully, you will get that doctor type mismatch error. Though WSQI no longer says its a Pre 2 but still its just a change in name, the actual daemon still thinks its a roadrunner. Maybe am wrong, if so correct me.

You asked for the complete log, here it is...there were few changes in the modules but they weren't the coz to this, am sure of that.

Notice the line at the near end.....it says:
    Feb 8, 2012 4:12:32 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CmdLineInterface logPrint
    INFO: DeviceType on the webOS Dr is : castle and deviceType on the device is : roadrunner

I can confirm now, running the same doctor using java -jar command (gui mode actually) did not give this error, difference in two as i told you before....in command line mode the device check is made directly without going into recovery mode and before the device goes into flash mode whereas in gui mode the device reboots into recovery, device check confirms, reboots again to go into the flash mode.
    Run my stock script, now I do not use the --auto on my super script, do not like it, but Rod kept on adding it back to the scripts, so I left it...

for package in bootloader camd-omap34xx camsrc-omap34xx compcache kernel-dev kernel-image-2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430 pmwifidriver tisgxgfx activitymanager opengles-omap3 opengles pmwsfdaemon pmwirelesssystemframework luna-service2 armtoolchain armtoolchain-gconv configurator filenotifyd filenotifyd-triton foundations glib-2.0 lunasysmgr mobilehotspotd til pmtelephony* baseimage udev webview unittest exmap* nodejs node-ls2 node-webos node-pmloglib base-files ; do \

---- Can't use * in list build must specify the whole name of the module (look at the info directory) use the whole name but remove the .control or .list or .md5sum.

[: 8: build/preplus-p101ueu-wr-2.1.0/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/pmtelephony-msm6xxx.list: unexpected operator

---- This is the big issue the value it not being changed...
    dd: invalid number `0x00f118'
    dd: invalid number `0x01689C'

./scripts/test-verizon-preplus-2.2.4v20: line 240: md5: command not found
    ./scripts/test-verizon-preplus-2.2.4v20: line 246: md5: command not found

./scripts/test-verizon-preplus-2.2.4v20: line 342: md5: command not found

mv: cannot stat `build/test-verizon-preplus-2.2.4/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/foundations.md5sums': No such file or directory

cat: ./usr/lib/ipkg/info/foundations.list: No such file or directory
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "./scripts/replace-md5sums.py", line 17, in <module>
    for line in fileinput.input([sys.argv[1]]) :
    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/fileinput.py", line 253, in next
    line = self.readline()
    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/fileinput.py", line 345, in readline
    self._file = open(self._filename, self._mode)
    IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'build/test-verizon-preplus-2.2.4/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/foundations.md5sums.old'
    mv: cannot stat `build/test-verizon-preplus-2.2.4/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/lunasysmgr.md5sums': No such file or directory
    cat: ./usr/lib/ipkg/info/lunasysmgr.list: No such file or directory
    line = self.readline()
    IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'build/test-verizon-preplus-2.2.4/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/lunasysmgr.md5sums.old'
    mv: target `build/test-verizon-preplus-2.2.4/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/pmtelephony*.md5sums.old' is not a directory

line = self.readline()
    IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'build/test-verizon-preplus-2.2.4/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/lunasysmgr.md5sums.old'
    mv: target `build/test-verizon-preplus-2.2.4/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/pmtelephony*.md5sums.old' is not a directory
    line = self.readline()
    IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'build/test-verizon-preplus-2.2.4/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/pmtelephony*.md5sums.old'

INFO: got devices 1
    Feb 8, 2012 1:03:20 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.MainFlasher runnerFinished
    INFO: device runner done
    Feb 8, 2012 1:03:21 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.MainFlasher configureFlasherThread
    INFO: Start time 1328724201180
    Feb 8, 2012 1:03:21 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.ConfigFileMgr loadConfiguration
    INFO: baseBuild webOS.tar
    Feb 8, 2012 1:03:21 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.ConfigFileMgr loadConfiguration
    INFO: customizationBuild wr.tar
    INFO: prevBaseBuild null
    INFO: prevCustomizationBuild null
    INFO: DeviceType: castle
    INFO: WcpSubmssion: 26

---- I see it found device type castle, for this install

I have used my super script (which does not have the --auto) and have never had an issue....
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    I have used my super script (which does not have the --auto) and have never had an issue....
    I did a mistake actually, i built the script on the previous version i downloaded from you...forgot to correct the hex editing part...but the doctor returned that error whereas my device was flashed with the latest build.

Thanks for correcting me, i am just testing few modules and daemons, i cant understand when the module's addition throws an error and when does it not. That ROM Verification error, fatal error in the end....coz of addition of nodejs to the list throws error. The modules doesn't contain much files but still, i manually added all four nodejs, node-webos etc...but still error.

I'll retry the version, hex editing.....will confirm the problem if it persists...and will try stock script from the first post.

AM sorry btw, must have been a mistake i did while editing, if you did not get tht error, m sure this time its on my side.....afterall i ws messing up with so many things at the same time, obviously would have missed.
    Last edited by mayank; 02/08/2012 at 08:19 AM.
    -Mayank Mall
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    The current script on github uses the CDMA firmware from the Pre2 (Verizon webOS 2.1.0) and updates the Bell Pre to the same version, the old version was from the Verizon webOS 2.0.1 build, here is an updated script to backdate the firmware from the webOS 2.1.0 to webOS 2.0.1, did this work?

If this is reported to work I will submit it to github..
    I'm still getting "Sign-In Failed"
    You need to be connected to your wireless service provider's network to sign in. When you are in a location with service, please try again.
  5.    #545  
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidka View Post
    I'm still getting "Sign-In Failed"
    You need to be connected to your wireless service provider's network to sign in. When you are in a location with service, please try again.
    Ok, if the github version (CDMA firmware from Verizon webOS 2.1.0) and the one I posted on page 27 of this thread (CDMA firmware from Verizon webOS 2.0.1) both do not work...

To rule out the firmware put the webOS 2.1.0 CDMA firmware in the webOS 2.1.0 meta script and test that... if it works then it is not the firmware but the carrier database...

Here is a test script webOS 2.1.0 with the Verizon webOS 2.1.0 CDMA firmware (to rule out that the firmware is the issue)...

Script removed we proved webOS 2.1.0 works fine with updated CDMA Verizon Pre2 webOS 2.1.0 firmware...
    Last edited by John Steffes; 02/08/2012 at 04:06 PM.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Ok, if the github version (CDMA firmware from Verizon webOS 2.1.0) and the one I posted on page 27 of this thread (CDMA firmware from Verizon webOS 2.0.1) both do not work...

To rule out the firmware put the webOS 2.1.0 CDMA firmware in the webOS 2.1.0 meta script and test that... if it works then it is not the firmware but the carrier database...

Here is a test script webOS 2.1.0 with the Verizon webOS 2.1.0 CDMA firmware (to rule out that the firmware is the issue)...
    This works!!! Kind of...
    Ev is there and it's trying to sign in, and after awhile - "Data Not Restored"
    "We were unable to restore your data. Please wait a few minutes and try again."
    I had the same problem after upgrading from 1.4.5 to 2.1. Ended up creating a new profile.
  7.    #547  
    This works!!! Kind of...
    Ev is there and it's trying to sign in, and after awhile - "Data Not Restored"
    "We were unable to restore your data. Please wait a few minutes and try again."
    I had the same problem after upgrading from 1.4.5 to 2.1. Ended up creating a new profile.
    So if webOS 2.1.0 works on the Pre with the updated firmware, then the issue is the carrier database...

Carrier Configuration - WebOS Internals

So here is a script (back to github version) with added pmcarrierdb module which should hold the Bell configuration (from webOS 2.1.0)? This may not work as the new phone app is enyo and they might have changed the carrier database to suit this difference?

Removed script as there was a Verizon file left over...

Please try it and if it works I will post that to github...

FYI it will have the updated CDMA firmware from Verizon Pre2 webOS 2.1.0, as I have seen issues with the older version firmware and webOS 2.2.4 and we proved with the previous webOS 2.1.0 script that the new firmware works...

Or you can replace the following to the webOS 2.2.4 version?

This is what is in the webOS 2.1.0 version for Bell Mobility:
    {"_kind":"com.palm.carrierdb:1","mcc":302,"mnc":651,"smsEmailGateway":"6245","mmscWapGateway":"","mm scUrl":"http://BellMMSC.bell.ca","mmscPortNumber":0,"mmscMessageSizeLimit":600,"smsMessageSizeLimit":140,"smsValidi tyPeriod":173,"mmsMaxVideoSize":600,"mmsVersionNumber":11,"qOperatorLongName":"Bell Mobility","smsRequestDeliveryReceiptAvailable":true,"useVodaphoneVoicemail":false,"smsCanSendBlank": true,"smsMaxRecipients":20,"smsMaxPartsPerMessage":6,"mmsCcBccSupported":true,"mmsDefaultPageDuratio n":5000,"mmsIsPictureResolutionLimited":true,"mmsIsWavSupported":true,"mmsMaxAudioSize":307200,"mmsM axPictureHeight":480,"mmsMaxPictureWidth":640,"mmsMaxRecipients":20,"mmsCanSendBlank":false,"mmsRequ estDeliveryReceiptAvailable":true,"mmsProxy":"206.47.78.149:80","isSmscNumberOnSimCard":false,"mmsAc kMessageRead":true,"mmsAcknowledgeMsgReceipt":true,"mmsApnId":0,"voicemailNumber":"","gsmNumSimPDP": 1,"umtsNumSimPDP":1,"mmsEnableAutomaticDownloadWhenRoaming":true,"qOperatorShortName":"Bell Mobility","gpsAllowed":true,"msBasedAllowed":true,"msAssistedAllowed":1,"agpsServerAddr":"pde.bell.c a 206.47.201.75","smsEncoding":"ASCII 8-Bit","smsTransportMethods":"","smsNumberSecondsWaitForSegment":0,"useGpsSettingsInCarrierDb":true,"m axTransitUnit":1480,"maxSegmentSize":1440,"smsHeaderSizeLimit":9,"msfpTimerDefault":0,"msfpTimerInte rval":0,"msfpTimerMax":0,"msfpTimerMin":0,"smscNumber":"","msAllowedApps":"","defaultSocketIdleTimeM inutes":0,"disableAutotext":false,"mmsSendLowResVideo":false,"bsLatLongSupport":true,"suplCert":"Tha wtePremiumServer","suplPort":7275,"suplServer":"supl.google.com","portSocketIdleTimeMinutes":[],"smsMaxNetworkSegmentsPerMessage":1,"dataconnection":"yq2GHC/Cjs9lVcXRuGj0oRZVtaErguSJccQWU2aCRAKelOyY1e7oN50grz0JAyFLG/0FGRrnNLjVfUqv57xMFS89/J8UX7SGymjSyYmLhA4SuGmOh5r0AC9YJnBoMB17zyo5yHZxP+3uSR9Jdb618HiDzWw2AXHW6N7a/f7A9EoojUu/cuqEyMEuZP8wME7wRDEeQD7X0S7J4B1cFjhTv31rMrSm3dIVVTaGnIzQsFAYoYGzsvIIgTcRWTCr/cDDPOpnUmAF/z+IrkhX9yuWA5LrGKq1ox2yEMeIerwt8bNm0zc4KSxnfWxl0Zn7XSLyAd1UcIWBEFlEvXr0GdOneEUuwNGGYNjAQjjb0qf2QG8tI evfKjbNM8E+/97a1kjC1RBmiTqD1xF9KashMYNtZMmkwe4G9rfYeXPclNiK/H41nrdqcNz+fiJy9ba9uoM6SC4EGSO9jHoV+uwwCcqWooN5Sdg2nz+ZyfZD0YwG4nMvKmsoCFmiCVXXRerBYKxb8FhDtlOU/h9duhaTonwNyDFzDh1JZ5uY0d6nN48gBSctSHZBpBd5U3n0blcPfwvIQ+oczh6AvTelDgCA1osZRUu71a+NzLqKvoe4DzsT4MZiG vUi6vouGJyGq6WavkMaQ29imV9fhYxqSQqoUrAvGS0Zdx52y+AKvPVvsUwNZtDNnf6NaXaeJ0DXv6TgqeKpdKFPyAXxfTqz+bus4 dtUd9VCkg7VtiwiE9CoziPvJ/FVdgRXR+1BrhZW/JNAkZmkizyWH8exj6jphgDImtFbxF/VqnYFWjzkIXsUCKliuWsSktM1CqjYYkPKy5/16zeYmpS3z8ydSMx1bn7gmSczGSn+pNw5h4GPL8eCOHPxPWfBTNKt1l2bL1mwi3lJox3WlsROaBjHuli1oPzoR4aJeK6i6awEtzV TAp/NP1kDX0XDE0fTd9JBhT9QFs+d4R6aFXV6cc/g7j891LA+eRYOmSUkH3xQUA9CmVoGTvlc/0K8rO/0B44cfgIHsTlpxeFj"}

This is what is in the webOS 2.2.4 version for Bell Mobility:
    {"_kind":"com.palm.carrierdb:1","mcc":302,"mnc":651,"smsEmailGateway":"6245","mmscWapGateway":"","mm scUrl":"http://BellMMSC.bell.ca","mmscPortNumber":0,"mmscMessageSizeLimit":600,"smsMessageSizeLimit":140,"smsValidi tyPeriod":173,"mmsMaxVideoSize":600,"mmsVersionNumber":11,"qOperatorLongName":"Bell Mobility","smsRequestDeliveryReceiptAvailable":true,"useVodaphoneVoicemail":false,"smsCanSendBlank": true,"smsMaxRecipients":20,"smsMaxPartsPerMessage":6,"mmsCcBccSupported":true,"mmsDefaultPageDuratio n":5000,"mmsIsPictureResolutionLimited":true,"mmsIsWavSupported":true,"mmsMaxAudioSize":307200,"mmsM axPictureHeight":480,"mmsMaxPictureWidth":640,"mmsMaxRecipients":20,"mmsCanSendBlank":false,"mmsRequ estDeliveryReceiptAvailable":true,"mmsProxy":"206.47.78.149:80","isSmscNumberOnSimCard":false,"mmsAc kMessageRead":true,"mmsAcknowledgeMsgReceipt":true,"mmsApnId":0,"voicemailNumber":"","gsmNumSimPDP": 1,"umtsNumSimPDP":1,"mmsEnableAutomaticDownloadWhenRoaming":true,"qOperatorShortName":"Bell Mobility","gpsAllowed":true,"msBasedAllowed":true,"msAssistedAllowed":1,"agpsServerAddr":"pde.bell.c a 206.47.201.75","smsEncoding":"ASCII 8-Bit","smsTransportMethods":"","smsNumberSecondsWaitForSegment":0,"useGpsSettingsInCarrierDb":true,"m axTransitUnit":1480,"maxSegmentSize":1440,"smsHeaderSizeLimit":9,"msfpTimerDefault":0,"msfpTimerInte rval":0,"msfpTimerMax":0,"msfpTimerMin":0,"smscNumber":"","msAllowedApps":"","defaultSocketIdleTimeM inutes":0,"disableAutotext":false,"mmsSendLowResVideo":false,"bsLatLongSupport":true,"suplCert":"Tha wtePremiumServer","suplPort":7275,"suplServer":"supl.google.com","portSocketIdleTimeMinutes":[],"smsMaxNetworkSegmentsPerMessage":1,"hspaCategory":[0],"smsWhiteListClass0":[],"settingPriority":0,"handsetOrTablet":"both","dataconnection":"yq2GHC/Cjs9lVcXRuGj0oRZVtaErguSJccQWU2aCRAKelOyY1e7oN50grz0JAyFLG/0FGRrnNLjVfUqv57xMFS89/J8UX7SGymjSyYmLhA4SuGmOh5r0AC9YJnBoMB17zyo5yHZxP+3uSR9Jdb618HiDzWw2AXHW6N7a/f7A9EoojUu/cuqEyMEuZP8wME7wRDEeQD7X0S7J4B1cFjhTv31rMrSm3dIVVTaGnIzQsFAYoYGzsvIIgTcRWTCr/cDDPOpnUmAF/z+IrkhX9yuWA5LrGKq1ox2yEMeIerwt8bNm0zc4KSxnfWxl0Zn7XSLyAd1UcIWBEFlEvXr0GdOneEUuwNGGYNjAQjjb0qf2QG8tI evfKjbNM8E+/97a1kjC1RBmiTqD1xF9KashMYNtZMmkwe4G9rfYeXPclNiK/H41nrdqcNz+fiJy9ba9uoM6SC4EGSO9jHoV+uwwCcqWooN5Sdg2nz+ZyfZD0YwG4nMvKmsoCFmiCVXXRerBYKxb8FhDtlOU/h9duhaTonwNyDFzDh1JZ5uY0d6nN48gBSctSHZBpBd5U3n0blcPfwvIQ+oczh6AvTelDgCA1osZRUu71a+NzLqKvoe4DzsT4MZiG vUi6vouGJyGq6WavkMaQ29imV9fhYxqSQqoUrAvGS0Zdx52y+AKvPVvsUwNZtDNnf6NaXaeJ0DXv6TgqeKpdKFPyAXxfTqz+bus4 dtUd9VCkg7VtiwiE9CoziPvJ/FVdgRXR+1BrhZW/JNAkZmkizyWH8exj6jphgDImtFbxF/VqnYFWjzkIXsUCKliuWsSktM1CqjYYkPKy5/16zeYmpS3z8ydSMx1bn7gmSczGSn+pNw5h4GPL8eCOHPxPWfBTNKt1l2bL1mwi3lJox3WlsROaBjHuli1oPzoR4aJeK6i6awEtzV TAp/NP1kDX0XDE0fTd9JBhT9QFs+d4R6aFXV6cc/g7j891LA+eRYOmSUkH3xQUA9CmVoGTvlc/0K8rO/0B44cftEV25wvihzGkjxPcdUPvL32wRkS7lMWUadwDqNTczKuo28EGFaP8fG0hIqcc9R3/qxqqkKy6MGcuw++oJ869VaVc5bAFWSaQJpdAjMFX5RXMptAPa6p/JN+rh8SRlYvnFSH7DWd5h4w00akBGnej6cxVI314PBs1CbtGE9oGq7Uie0lNhOYxH4IjwsplcTkULze18YJmzExXxpChqR5EGrFc dAWuEev4psj0IK2+aPmn0sjSjnfXqP2F79IJCSeEA=="}
    Last edited by John Steffes; 02/09/2012 at 04:10 PM.
    John, I wanted to know if there is a way to replace files individually inside the build, copying them from 2.1 over to 2.2.4.....am talking of files which might not be the part of any rootfs ipkg, thus using extract rootfs ipkg command would not be of any use for these files. I am guessing i can do this right after the builds are extracted by directly using the copy (replace) command, am not sure but. Can you tell me the way out, for this?

EDIT: Am guessing that as the build W224 is being converted to P224...so the following might work...
    Right after the doctors being unpacked, maybe below palm_build_info (head, tail) segment:

cp -r build/${W210_BUILD}/my_file build/${W224_BUILD}/
    Last edited by mayank; 02/09/2012 at 01:14 AM.
    -Mayank Mall
  9.    #549  
    John, I wanted to know if there is a way to replace files individually inside the build, copying them from 2.1 over to 2.2.4.....am talking of files which might not be the part of any rootfs ipkg, thus using extract rootfs ipkg command would not be of any use for these files. I am guessing i can do this right after the builds are extracted by directly using the copy (replace) command, am not sure but. Can you tell me the way out, for this?

EDIT: Am guessing that as the build W224 is being converted to P224...so the following might work...
    Right after the doctors being unpacked, maybe below palm_build_info (head, tail) segment:

cp -r build/${W210_BUILD}/my_file build/${W224_BUILD}/
    Depends on what files you are replacing/adding...

If you want to add files to the webos doctor java there are no md5sum to worry about...

If you want to add files to the rootfs there is a md5sum associated to each and every file (even including in the IPK carrier apps installed).

When it goes thru ROM verification if a file is added with no md5sum it will mark that as such and fail...

So as long as any file you add has a corresponding .control, .list, and .md5sum in the info directory all is good...

So lets say you want to add a readme.doc file under usr/bin

Create a directory structure that looks like this (you would append this to the tar used to import into the make file I use ${LEGACY_TARBALL})
    usr/bin/readme.doc
    usr/lib/ipkg/info/readme.control
    usr/lib/ipkg/info/readme.list
    usr/lib/ipkg/info/readme.md5sum

Now the content of the readme.control file (copy from an existing control but modify the text so it represents your file and any dependancies you may have). The readme.list file would be simple would just have the text /usr/bin/readme.doc. The readme.md5sum would be simple as well it should have the md5 hash of the readme.doc with a */usr/bin/readme.doc. The * is very important and is needed, I use md5sum to create the hash then use sed to add the *.

Now when the make file produces the new modified doctor it will pick up your .md5sum and add it to the root md5sums.gz (as all files including the .control, .list and .md5sum have to have a md5 hash) so that the ROM verification will then pass.

I hope that helps?
    Directory Structure...
    Basically i want to add a file not associated with any ipk, no md5sum anywhere, no dependency....just one file.

And i did not get the part of adding a directory structure. In the script i got to use the append command, append into tar.....but i do not seem to understand exactly howto, i extracted the whole archive but that seems to corrupt it or something, directly adding the file lacks few options that i am unaware of.

I am trying the following command:

$tar -C folder -f ${LEGACY_TARBALL} --append . || exit

Now the above folder is in the root of meta-doctor's directory, and the folder contains the directory structure....ex. folder/etc/palm/my_file.txt

Will this work....?
    Last edited by mayank; 02/09/2012 at 07:58 AM.
    -Mayank Mall
  11.    #551  
    Basically i want to add a file not associated with any ipk, no md5sum anywhere, no dependency....just one file.

And i did not get the part of adding a directory structure. In the script i got to use the append command, append into tar.....but i do not seem to understand exactly howto, i extracted the whole archive but that seems to corrupt it or something, directly adding the file lacks few options that i am unaware of.

I am trying the following command:

$tar -C folder -f ${LEGACY_TARBALL} --append . || exit

Now the above folder is in the root of meta-doctor's directory, and the folder contains the directory structure....ex. folder/etc/palm/my_file.txt

Will this work....?
    All files require a md5 hash or the ROM verification will fail...

You need to add the correct md5sum hash... so again if you are adding my_file.txt there needs to exist under either the root md5sums.gz or under the info directory some .md5sum file that has the hash.

I have added files in the super script, the youtube app, classic bits, etc... all have an associated .md5sum file, without the md5sum file the ROM verification will fail.
    all have an associated .md5sum file, without the md5sum file the ROM verification will fail.
    Thanks a lot, that should solve my trouble, I overlooked the root md5sum file...
    -Mayank Mall
    First of all I'm not sure if this is supposed to work but anyway.

I have a Pre- O2 current firmware 2.1.0, obviously I am trying to upgrade to 2.2.4

I thought I followed the instructions correctly but got an error

09-Feb-2012 14:57:01 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController postFlashEvent
    WARNING: Flash Failure
    err -1 "TOKEN MISMATCH: Failed to find match for Carrier information. Prevent user from flashing"
    at com.palm.nova.installer.core.FlasherThread.run(FlasherThread.java:307)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679)
    09-Feb-2012 14:57:01 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController postFlashEvent
    INFO: Flash End time (Fail) 1328799421929
    INFO: Handling TOKEN Mismatch error
    09-Feb-2012 14:57:01 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController handleTokenFailCase
    WARNING: flashing failed, move to Token failed card
    err -1 "TOKEN MISMATCH: Failed to find match for Carrier information. Prevent user from flashing"

I was using the verizon super script with the following change

ARGS="${ARGS} ENABLE_DEVELOPER_MODE=1 DISABLE_UPLOAD_DAEMON=1 DISABLE_UPDATE_DAEMON=0 CUSTOM_CARRIER_CHECK=Verizon CUSTOM_MODEL_CHECK=P100UEU CUSTOM_DEVICETYPE=castle CUSTOM_WEBOS_DMSET=312 CUSTOM_WEBOS_TARBALL=${WEBOS_TARBALL} CUSTOM_CARRIER_TARBALL=${CARRIER_TARBALL} CUSTOM_BUILD_INFO=${BUILD_INFO} PATIENT=${PATIENT} VERSION=2.2.4 DEVICE=pre2 CARRIER=wr"

Is there anything else I need to change or should have done? The Doctor diagnosed the wrong carrier info as being the issue.
  14.    #554  
    Quote Originally Posted by Faddy View Post
    First of all I'm not sure if this is supposed to work but anyway.

I have a Pre- O2 current firmware 2.1.0, obviously I am trying to upgrade to 2.2.4

I thought I followed the instructions correctly but got an error

WARNING: Flash Failure
    INFO: Flash End time (Fail) 1328799421929
    INFO: Handling TOKEN Mismatch error
    09-Feb-2012 14:57:01 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController handleTokenFailCase
    WARNING: flashing failed, move to Token failed card

I was using the verizon super script with the following change

ARGS="${ARGS} ENABLE_DEVELOPER_MODE=1 DISABLE_UPLOAD_DAEMON=1 DISABLE_UPDATE_DAEMON=0 CUSTOM_CARRIER_CHECK=Verizon CUSTOM_MODEL_CHECK=P100UEU CUSTOM_DEVICETYPE=castle CUSTOM_WEBOS_DMSET=312 CUSTOM_WEBOS_TARBALL=${WEBOS_TARBALL} CUSTOM_CARRIER_TARBALL=${CARRIER_TARBALL} CUSTOM_BUILD_INFO=${BUILD_INFO} PATIENT=${PATIENT} VERSION=2.2.4 DEVICE=pre2 CARRIER=wr"

Is there anything else I need to change or should have done? The Doctor diagnosed the wrong carrier info as being the issue.
    As I am now using the Pre2 doctor, I assumed it was checking for WR carriers...

So if you change the model like what Rod has in his WR script: CUSTOM_MODEL_CHECK=P100UNA,P100UEU,P101UNA,P101UEU

Which you did change to something similar CUSTOM_MODEL_CHECK=P100UEU

Then you should remove the CUSTOM_CARRIER_CHECK=Verizon entry...

You are failing on the carrier check it sees O2 but assumed Verizon:
    TOKEN MISMATCH: Failed to find match for Carrier information. Prevent user from flashing

Assuming WR script checks carrier for O2, SFR, etc... but if it fails again just add CUSTOM_CARRIER_CHECK=O2.

Let me know if that works?
    Last edited by John Steffes; 02/09/2012 at 09:43 AM.
    the file exists in root mdfsum.gz > mdfsum, now how do i extract it, in short am not yet sure how to replace it.if you can tell me an already existing script that has a segment for replacing files as found in root md5sum file. Checked your super script but it has those normal ipkg extractions....
    -Mayank Mall
  16.    #556  
    the file exists in root mdfsum.gz > mdfsum, now how do i extract it, in short am not yet sure how to replace it.if you can tell me an already existing script that has a segment for replacing files as found in root md5sum file. Checked your super script but it has those normal ipkg extractions....
    I am not sure, but if one builds a directory structure and creates new info files (.control, .list, and .md5sum), I think it will update the md5sums.gz as well... I do not think I have ever found a file to modify that I could not change via the info path, so I could pass ROM verification.

Rod's makefile extracts and modifies the md5sums.gz file for first use app changes, palm-build-info, and other makefile changes, so you would have to ask Rod to modify the makefile to handle custom changes of the md5sums.gz file... But you could modify his makefile and customize it to do what you need and if you get the results you want post it and I can review and throw it to github and see if Rod will approve it... But he is a busy guy and I have seen requests for a change for the makefile take a long time to approve. But I would attempt to use the info files to modify the md5sums.gz as I have not see an issue with any files I have changed...
    I tried modifying the makefile but it will require me to add a whole new segment without being sure of the results, so currently am doing it by manually extracting and automating the rest of it...
    -Mayank Mall
    As I am now using the Pre2 doctor, I assumed it was checking for WR carriers...

So if you change the model like what Rod has in his WR script: CUSTOM_MODEL_CHECK=P100UNA,P100UEU,P101UNA,P101UEU

Which you did change to something similar CUSTOM_MODEL_CHECK=P100UEU

Then you should remove the CUSTOM_CARRIER_CHECK=Verizon entry...

You are failing on the carrier check it sees O2 but assumed Verizon:
    TOKEN MISMATCH: Failed to find match for Carrier information. Prevent user from flashing

Assuming WR script checks carrier for O2, SFR, etc... but if it fails again just add CUSTOM_CARRIER_CHECK=O2.

Let me know if that works?

Working now, thanks for the help
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    So if webOS 2.1.0 works on the Pre with the updated firmware, then the issue is the carrier database...

So here is a script (back to github version) with added pmcarrierdb module which should hold the Bell configuration (from webOS 2.1.0)? This may not work as the new phone app is enyo and they might have changed the carrier database to suit this difference?

Please try it and if it works I will post that to github...

FYI it will have the updated CDMA firmware from Verizon Pre2 webOS 2.1.0, as I have seen issues with the older version firmware and webOS 2.2.4 and we proved with the previous webOS 2.1.0 script that the new firmware works...

Or you can replace the following to the webOS 2.2.4 version?
    I've tried this script and the string (had to remove a few spaces) in /etc/carrierdb/carrierdb.json . Both approaches showing wifi sign instead of the Ev.
    I also noticed the following when it was flashing (not sure if it's related):
    9-Feb-2012 3:54:04 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Customization: $ Modem PRI(4,1.12) not matched for PRI file(Carrier ID =1,1.19) CUST.PRI

9-Feb-2012 3:54:04 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Customization: $ Modem PRI(4,1.12) not matched for PRI file(Carrier ID =1,1.19) 01.PRI

INFO: Customization: $ Updating PRI file to Modem EFS ....

INFO: Customization: $ Modem PRI(4,1.12) not matched for PRI file(Carrier ID =1,1.19) CUST.PRI

INFO: Customization: $ Modem PRI(4,1.12) not matched for PRI file(Carrier ID =1,1.19) 01.PRI

INFO: Customization: $ No PRI File to Update...

INFO: Customization: $ No PRL File Found to update!
  20.    #560  
    I've tried this script and the string (had to remove a few spaces) in /etc/carrierdb/carrierdb.json . Both approaches showing wifi sign instead of the Ev.
    I also noticed the following when it was flashing (not sure if it's related):

INFO: Customization: $ Updating PRI file to Modem EFS ....

INFO: Customization: $ No PRI File to Update...

INFO: Customization: $ No PRL File Found to update!
    Sorry removed the roadrunnercdmafw-verizon_*.ipk from coming over from the carrier apps, as this is not needed...

Here is a updated script will remove that from the github when you tell me that this is working?

So did the phone work as a phone, or was it WiFi only?

Script removed as it did not function as desired...
    Last edited by John Steffes; 02/10/2012 at 11:38 AM.