Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 162122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
Like Tree78Likes
  1.    #501  
    Quote Originally Posted by mayank View Post
    Jailer Daemon,
    Well loading the daemon from pre plus did not help, my games stopped working, they weren't launching, reverted back the daemon and it fixed that, trying hex editor as directed by John, will see if it helps.
    This build posted was removed because it did not work....
    Here is a build with the on the fly during the build change of novacomd and jailer (hex edited), let me know if it works for you if so this might become build 33?

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Dugan View Post
    Not sure I understand what's been done with Version 32. I run getf105 so control and f105.preplus directories are in kernel directory, but super script doesn't pick up f105 kernel and uses 2.1.0 Palm kernel. I'm not smart enough to figure out how script should know to use f105 kernel, although I am getting smarter everyday I play with this!

Version 32 super with stock kernel is a bust for me. Boots, then very quickly locks up and drains battery. Plan to try Mayank's v17 as soon as battery charges up.
    Read the readme.txt file as part of the others.zip on how to inject the kernels into the build.

FYI From build 29 to build 32, all the other builds have been logic changes in the script, the modules have stayed the same, from build 28 to 29 two modules were removed from swapping bootie-images (which is the graphic files which are already injected into the nv ram) and updatefsinfo Version 1.5-6 of package updatefsinfo for uimage-packages-r6 - I am not sure what this does but assumed it was file system related (as we are now using the webOS 2.2.4 file system), but might be kernel related as uImage is part of the kernel?
    Last edited by John Steffes; 02/04/2012 at 01:22 PM.
    mayank likes this.
    Testing right away...

EDIT:
    The script did not work for me, sorry.
    Tried WSQI and it still thinks its a pre 2(attachment)...
    Did not get any jailer message yet. tried few games but no message....anyway i dont think it is fixed, just like the Novacom Daemon. Trying things if the message comes...

Also wanted to tell you that I was redoctoring using the already made doctor and did not get that message of device_type = roadrunner, doctoring failed.....so i killed it and ran the script again, thereafter the doctor begain in command line mode as after the script, and got the error message of doctor_type = castle, device_type = roadrunner. I dont know what or why but i guess in command line mode the doctor checks for the device_type before it puts it in the recovery mode, whras in gui mode the device first reboots in recovery mode. Still i dont get this.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mayank; 02/04/2012 at 01:27 PM.
    -Mayank Mall
  3.    #503  
    Testing right away...

EDIT:
    The script did not work for me, sorry.
    Tried WSQI and it still thinks its a pre 2(attachment)...
    Did not get any jailer message yet. tried few games but no message....anyway i dont think it is fixed, just like the Novacom Daemon. Trying things if the message comes...
    Let me see the script output not the picture from WebOS Quick Installer, but the meta-doctor script output, do you have DD as part of your unix install?

This script uses DD to replace the 10 hex digits, if you do not have DD as part of your install it will not work... this is why I am testing ... will need to make the install look for DD and MD5 and if one does not have those error out asking for the dependents...

FYI if you have dd you will see... (in the script output)
    10+0 records in
    10+0 records out
    10 bytes transferred in 0.000105 secs (95325 bytes/sec)
    10+0 records in
    10+0 records out
    10 bytes transferred in 0.000095 secs (105385 bytes/sec)
    Last edited by John Steffes; 02/04/2012 at 01:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Let me see the script output, do you have DD as part of your unix install?

This script uses DD to replace the 10 hex digits, if you do not have DD as part of your install it will not work... this is why I am testing ... will need to make the install look for DD and MD5 and if one does not have those error out asking for the dependents...
    well dd and md5sum are core components in ubuntu atleast, i do have them.

EDIT:
    I checked the novacomd and it was edited properly but the jailer daemon was not, but as told it did not fix the novacom error.
    Last edited by mayank; 02/04/2012 at 01:44 PM.
    -Mayank Mall
  5.    #505  
    well dd and md5sum are core components in ubuntu atleast, i do have them.

EDIT:
    I checked the novacomd and it was edited properly but the jailer daemon was not, but as told it did not fix the novacom error.
    This script was removed as the Hex was changed to Decimal...
    Here is the script modified to make sure one has dd and md5sum (remove md5 -r and changed it to md5sum)...
    Look at both the jailer and novacomd I see mine changed (linuxid:castle) used to be (linuxid:roadrunner) with that changed my WebOS Quick Installer says Palm Pre..

Again I would love to see the script output so I can see what the script does on your system.
    Last edited by John Steffes; 02/04/2012 at 03:01 PM.
    ran the script, will post full log as it finishes...

I should have looked previously, but anyway found this error during the script:

dd: invalid number `0x00f118'
    dd: invalid number `0x01689C'

As i can make out, seek is the input block size and it should be in numbers, what have you written there 0X******?

....................I have the full log if you want, below is the required segment........................

***** Fix novacomd and jailer reporting castle instead of roadrunner *****
    [ -d build/pre2-p224pre2-wr-2.2.4/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info ]
    rm -f build/pre2-p224pre2-wr-2.2.4/extras-file-list.txt
    for package in novacomd jail ; do \
    if [ -f build/pre2-p224pre2-wr-2.2.4/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$package.list ] ; then \
    ( cd build/pre2-p224pre2-wr-2.2.4/rootfs ; \
    ls -1 ./usr/lib/ipkg/info/$package.* >> ../extras-file-list.txt ) ; \
    cat build/pre2-p224pre2-wr-2.2.4/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$package.list | \
    sed -e 's|^|.|' >> build/pre2-p224pre2-wr-2.2.4/extras-file-list.txt ; \
    fi ; \
    done
    mkdir -p build/pre2-p224pre2-wr-2.2.4/extras
    if [ -f build/pre2-p224pre2-wr-2.2.4/webOS/nova-cust-image-roadrunner.rootfs.tar.gz ] ; then \
    tar -C build/pre2-p224pre2-wr-2.2.4/extras \
    -f build/pre2-p224pre2-wr-2.2.4/webOS/nova-cust-image-roadrunner.rootfs.tar.gz \
    -z -x -T build/pre2-p224pre2-wr-2.2.4/extras-file-list.txt ; \
    else \
    -f build/pre2-p224pre2-wr-2.2.4/webOS/nova-cust-image-roadrunner.rootfs.tar \
    -x -T build/pre2-p224pre2-wr-2.2.4/extras-file-list.txt ; \
    fi
    -f extra.tar \
    -c .
    rm -rf build/pre2-p224pre2-wr-2.2.4/extras
    ***** Extracting luna-prefs merging PrePlus parts into Pre2 module *****
    Last edited by mayank; 02/04/2012 at 02:39 PM.
    -Mayank Mall
  7.    #507  
    ran the script, will post full log as it finishes...

I should have looked previously, but anyway found this error during the script:

According to BSD man of dd:
    seek=n Seek n blocks from the beginning of the output before copying.
    On non-tape devices, an lseek(2) operation is used. Otherwise,
    existing blocks are read and the data discarded. If the user
    does not have read permission for the tape, it is positioned
    using the tape ioctl(2) function calls. If the seek operation
    is past the end of file, space from the current end of file to
    the specified offset is filled with blocks of NUL bytes.

I am seeking the location of the file in hex, maybe other unix variations want a decimal number?
    dd: invalid number `0x00f118' - is 61720 decimal
    dd: invalid number `0x01689C' - is 92316 decimal

Change the script to the decimal numbers?

New Scripts with decimal instead of Hex... (Test on Mac also worked)...

Removed the scripts they worked will post on first post...
    Last edited by John Steffes; 02/04/2012 at 04:19 PM.
    mayank likes this.
    dd: invalid number `0x00f118' - is 61720 decimal
    dd: invalid number `0x01689C' - is 92316 decimal

Change the script to the decimal numbers?
    Tried directly, it works....changing and rerunning the script now.

Ok, script ran perfectly, doctoring began...will be posting results soon

OUTPUT from SCRIPT:
    rm -rf build/pre2-p224pre2-wr-2.2.4/extras
    10+0 records in
    10+0 records out
    10 bytes (10 B) copied, 8.9886e-05 s, 111 kB/s
    10+0 records in
    10+0 records out
    10 bytes (10 B) copied, 0.00117635 s, 8.5 kB/s
    Overwriting md5sum for ./sbin/novacomd
    Overwriting md5sum for ./usr/bin/jailer

wow, it says 8 seconds, my old sempron ....I better should run the script on my i7 from now...
    ----------------------------------

EDIT: Alright, this is now a good one, it WORKS
    well i guess, now we have few more modules to be patched....

Damn it hanged before it could boot the first time,
    time for these to be fixed in order luna-service2 (ls-hubd), activitymanager, PmNetConfigManager, Node, luna-sysmgr....(With these fixed, more than half the stability will be achieved)

And yea, with the fix you uploaded, my patch for the devmode app goes to recycle bin (attachment) ...nyway, i have a better version now, hex edited one.

[Its 3:10 AM now, i gotta go to bed....there are various modules and libraries, i guess you should add some hex editing segment to the script which can be called each time to make the changes and replace the md5sums....and 'course Thanks for the script and improvements till here.]
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mayank; 02/04/2012 at 03:45 PM. Reason: IT works!!!
    -Mayank Mall
  9.    #509  
    Modified Quote:
    Ok, script ran perfectly, doctoring began...will be posting results soon

OUTPUT from SCRIPT:
    10+0 records in
    10+0 records out
    10 bytes (10 B) copied, 8.9886e-05 s, 111 kB/s
    10+0 records in
    10+0 records out
    10 bytes (10 B) copied, 0.00117635 s, 8.5 kB/s
    Overwriting md5sum for ./sbin/novacomd
    Overwriting md5sum for ./usr/bin/jailer
    Thanks to mayank, we tested the build a few times and got it to on the fly update modules (it changes via dd bytes from roadrunner to castle), this is to fix the novacomd daemon from reporting roadrunner to castle, like when using a password with WebOS Quick Installer and jailer daemon from setting up a roadrunner jail now it should report it is of device type castle.

I posted version 33, on the first post as well as updated the others.zip (changed md5 -r to md5sum), and updated modules.txt.zip.

I have now pushed this to github, Rod now approved of version 33 of these scripts...
    Last edited by John Steffes; 02/04/2012 at 07:40 PM.
    Built Version 33 Super f105. No errors. Flashed, no errors. Battery pull during initial boot, and again after configuring accounts. Will let it rest awhile before rebooting.

Do we still need to make the changes mayank recommends after booting?

Progress, I think!
  11.    #511  
    Built Version 33 Super f105. No errors. Flashed, no errors. Battery pull during initial boot, and again after configuring accounts. Will let it rest awhile before rebooting.

Do we still need to make the changes mayank recommends after booting?

Progress, I think!
    I did not modify the script beyond what I detailed in modules.txt

If you find other modules that need to be brought from webOS 2.1.0 or what daemons or files need to be altered let us know and I will add them, as of my testing with all of mayank scripts I have not found further stability with the changes (some of them I felt were even less stable or loss of functionality then without the changes).
    Alright, here's my version again, based on script 33...
    For me it works, afterall that is why am using it, hope it works for others too

Right after scripting, copy over the following files from WebOS 2.1 to your device....
    1. /usr/bin/PmNetConfigManager
    2. /usr/lib/libPmNetConfigLib.so
    3. /usr/lib/libLunaSysMgrIpc.so

Other changes i have implemented in the script itself, so make the three changes as above, for locked files look HERE (the bin file, tht daemon would be locked most probably and sending via WSQI will fail unless renamed), and please share your results, ideas, and logs that you think might help.

--------------------
    EDIT:
    Looked into dd and xxd commands manual and could understand enough to make the required changes, if the script as below works for anybody, i guess would be hex editing those modules too to provide even better compaitibility

----------WAITING FOR SOMEONE TO TEST AND POST RESULTS--------
    Last edited by mayank; 02/05/2012 at 12:35 AM.
    -Mayank Mall
  13.    #513  
    1. /usr/bin/PmNetConfigManager
    2. /usr/lib/libPmNetConfigLib.so
    3. /usr/lib/libLunaSysMgrIpc.so
    For your #2 and #3 just add the modules pmnetconfiglib and luna-sysmgr-ipc to your list of modules going from webOS 2.1.0 (no need to swap after the fact)...

#1 would be a swap of more then just the modules as webOS 2.2.4 has more files...

Now does this script just stop the alerts or does it make the device not lockup/freeze what is the performance change? What functionality is lost if any with the removal of the webOS 2.2.4 versions?
    Last edited by John Steffes; 02/06/2012 at 10:01 AM.
    Will give mayank's v18 a shot. 33 Super keeps locking up until I go to airplane mode AND keep wifi off. Will play around with this a bit before v18.

Edit: Pluged in USB and immediate freeze! Reboot and in with WOSQI. Will see what's in log before trying v18.
    Last edited by Tim Dugan; 02/05/2012 at 01:25 PM. Reason: additional comment
    Now does this script just stop the alerts or does it make the device not lockup/freeze what is the performance change? What functionality is lost if any with the removal of the webOS 2.2.4 versions?
    Without the library and daemon together the OS will fail to boot, and i was too tired to write another code, so for ease gave it in this form.

As for me, the lockup stop all together. i mean i did not had a single freeze until I swaped the jailer daemon yesterday, and today....the device is ready since morning and no issues so far. Functionality loss, i havent really noticed one yet, and message log, it begins to make sense. Again it could be something like power daemon, but the log was full of errors for me until version 29 (kernel modules, maybe) so it could be that something is missing as required by these daemons too....am not sure of all, checkout my log, am just asking to test it, maybe then the hex editing process would be better rather swapping it all-together.

And that Luna inter process comunication library, i guess it resolved my issues of processes not able to communicate properly with luna services as com.palm.systemmanager, com.palm.vibrate, com.palm.eventmanager....more in usr/share/ls2 permissions directory (com.palm.luna.*), I dont think library alone could do miracles, so the daemon that i consider the cause behind these was luna-send, part of luna-service2 module, just like ls-hubd.

The only important error that i believe is in my current log is something like activitymanager.resourcecontainermanager : no container mapped for bus id : *some process or app id*......and it is not because of swapping activitymanager daemon. Trying to fix this one and i'll have pretty clean OS.

I still have to check many things, not sure yet.
    My log Below....

ONE TROUBLE THAT I THINK IS: My voice-dial app reinstalls with each reboot, everytime i reboot, the app appears as the last one in the launcher page signifying a newly installed app. The message log states checks for maps, app catalog (find*.ipk) and few more app each time (I have seen this with each script i tried), but donno why it reinstalls the voice-dial app. The app works fine, everything is normal, donno why.... anyway will be fixing it soon, if the script is useful as per the results of Tim Dugan.
    Last edited by mayank; 02/05/2012 at 01:22 PM.
    -Mayank Mall
  16.    #516  
    I still have to check many things, not sure yet.
    My log Below....
    Ok looked at my log:

webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgr}: Error in /home/reviewdaemon/projects/nova/oe/BUILD-roadrunner/work/luna-service2-2.0.0-131.2/131.2/src/callmap.c:1691
    webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgr}: Empty payload is not valid JSON. Use {}
    webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgr}: Error in /home/reviewdaemon/projects/nova/oe/BUILD-roadrunner/work/luna-service2-2.0.0-131.2/131.2/src/callmap.c:1691
    webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgr}: Empty payload is not valid JSON. Use {}
    webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgr}: Error in /home/reviewdaemon/projects/nova/oe/BUILD-roadrunner/work/luna-service2-2.0.0-131.2/131.2/src/callmap.c:1887
    webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgr}: Unable to get percent_ui for battery state
    webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgr}: Unable to get charger type

Looked at your log:

webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgr}: Error in /home/reviewdaemon/projects/nova/oe/BUILD-castle/work/luna-service2-2.0.0-125/125/src/callmap.c:1691
    webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgr}: Error in /home/reviewdaemon/projects/nova/oe/BUILD-castle/work/luna-service2-2.0.0-125/125/src/callmap.c:1691
    webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgr}: Error in /home/reviewdaemon/projects/nova/oe/BUILD-castle/work/luna-service2-2.0.0-125/125/src/callmap.c:1887
    webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgr}: Unable to get percent_ui for battery state
    webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgr}: Unable to get charger type

Besides the change from roadrunner to castle, I do not see any events that are not the same, so replacing the luna-system2 does not seem to change the fact that some table is not present and makes the luna-system2 system fail.

So I guess I am asking you to explain the difference? What error is fixed by swapping this out the alert still says there is an issue, we need to fix the issue, not the alert.

I have ran your build for 8 hours and I do not see any difference in functionality besides alert messages, I have compared my build 33 with yours and still have just as many freezes/lockups... (mostly during the initial setup of the device, and the first few reboots after while it is syncing my apps), after that the last 6 hours seem quite stable as my previous build...
    OK, have flashed Version 33 Super with mayank's v18 mods. Found an error in terminal log after initial run. EXTRA_ROOTFS_IPKGS= on lines 209 and 212 "PmWsfDaemon" needs to be all lower case. Fixed that and script ran without errors. Had to pull battery on initial boot and whenever I tried to do anything while restoring apps. Have airplane mode and wireless on. We'll see how it does.
    Ok looked at my log:
    I guess you ignored few errors there, in your case ls-hubd will be ignoring everything not just luna-service 131.2.....there would be more errors seeking permission for various other programs. In my case its just the luna-service error that remains rest all are eliminated and the one that stays is coz its version has changed to 125 whereas it shouldn't, only change required is from roadrunner to castle, this should be done by hex editing. And am not swapping powerd module anymore so those charger related errors which arent merely errors as you explained, i have ignored them, and they do not seem to trouble me anymore.

You ran the script or what, I still have the same thing to say, it works for me.....No freezes and it is like 38 hours after installation. I havent restored my profile, but i did that plenty of times with my v17 and no issue popped in as such coz of that.

OK, have flashed Version 33 Super with mayank's v18 mods. Found an error in terminal log after initial run. EXTRA_ROOTFS_IPKGS= on lines 209 and 212 "PmWsfDaemon" needs to be all lower case. Fixed that and script ran without errors. Had to pull battery on initial boot and whenever I tried to do anything while restoring apps. Have airplane mode and wireless on. We'll see how it does.
    I think I have few more segments there apart from modules only....can you please try the script in its original form and report the results, I donno much about the super script and anyway if the original v18 works then we'll have to bring in those modules in a better way than swapping from 2.1, By the way if you still want to use the super build, copy the segment of luna-service2 into the super build and make sure to add the module "luna-service2" to the end of the script section, preceding or after trenchcoat.

Also one thing, PmWsfDaemon need not be in lowercase, the script i provided runs and builds perfectly, i dont think there should be an error with that, afterall the module is named in this form inside the ipkg info and everywhere else too.

Anyway, please try the original one first, I want to know specifically how does this one goes.
    Last edited by mayank; 02/06/2012 at 12:08 AM.
    -Mayank Mall
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I've flashed my Bell Pre with script 33 and couldn't pass login page. Both my existing account and creation of a new profile have failed. I can make a phone call from the "emergency call" but 3G doesn't seems to be working and there is no "Ev" sign on the top bar. So, I had to go back to 2.1 and create a new profile - the old approach (from the wiki WebOS 2 Upgrade --> Profile) doesn't work anymore. It does create 1.40.50 profile on the server side but does not pass recovery process.
  20.    #520  
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidka View Post
    I've flashed my Bell Pre with script 33 and couldn't pass login page. Both my existing account and creation of a new profile have failed. I can make a phone call from the "emergency call" but 3G doesn't seems to be working and there is no "Ev" sign on the top bar. So, I had to go back to 2.1 and create a new profile - the old approach (from the wiki WebOS 2 Upgrade --> Profile) doesn't work anymore. It does create 1.40.50 profile on the server side but does not pass recovery process.
    Good to know the last report I had from someone who had a Bell was abellemare44 and it had worked for him (however, that was an older version), now the custom DMSETS (CUSTOM_WEBOS_DMSET=393 CUSTOM_CARRIER_DMSET=398) are in the build and it does build a custom palm-build-info:
    head -n 1 build/${W224_BUILD}/rootfs/etc/${BUILD_INFO} > ./${BUILD_INFO}
    tail -n 4 build/${B145_BUILD}/rootfs/etc/${BUILD_INFO} >> ./${BUILD_INFO}

Those parts have not changed and should work without issue, now he did use WIFI only and did not test the carrier itself, maybe the carrier info is no longer in the newer webOS 2.2.4 build? (I have read others injecting their carrier info into some database, not sure what would be needed?)

Sorry to read you had issues and if you have any thoughts on how to improve the Bell script please let me know, as I am not on Bell I can not test the script.

Quote Originally Posted by abellemare44 View Post
    Good morning

I have meta-doctor my Pre minus with the scripts: test-bellmo-pre-2.2.4 --wifi-only and everything is working, I have installed Kernel F105 and I have access to HP App Catalog and installed free apps and everything is running.

Thank's

Alain