Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425262728293035 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 500 of 718
Like Tree78Likes
  1.    #481  
    Quote Originally Posted by mayank View Post
    Finally atleast you know where it comes, now I am clueless why it states as match, mine always stated as device_type = roadrunner, FYI I have tried using the normal script too without modifications. Would be waiting for someone else to confirm, also i guess you might have made many changes to your existing build which might have fixed few issues unknowingly, which in real are still there.
    Ok so I played with the novacomd daemon...
    if one uses a hex editor and changes the following bits starting at 00f118 change the roadrunner to castle
    change the 72 [r] to a 63 [c]
    change the 6F [o] to a 61 [a]
    change the 61 [a] to a 73 [s]
    change the 64 [d] to a 74 [t]
    change the 72 [r] to a 6c [l]
    change the 75 [u] to a 65 [e]
    change the 6e [n] to a 00 []
    change the 6e [n] to a 00 []
    change the 65 [e] to a 00 []
    change the 72 [r] to a 00 []

    The the novacomd when using the WebOS Quick Install will now state Palm Pre.

    Not sure what effect this has besides the device name in WebOS Quick Install.

    The rest P101EWW and castle are part of the NV items, of which my script has never touched, now the build (webOS Doctor) does read them and rewrite them as it needs to updated the DMSETS, Boot-Images, Boot-Bin Loader, etc... it is not changing anything else...

    The only thing I can think of as during the creation of the script in your environment that the jar file when created is not correct? PM me a full log of the build from start to finish including both normal mode and recovery mode (when you do your next re-build, so I can see what you see)
  2. #482  
    Even i am not sure of its effects, I'll surely post my log next time. That DMMODEL thing went off after i ran a full cleanup on my pre+, and never had problem with that castle name. So i guess everything is fine, just the Novacomd and that too in WSQI and doctor only. For now am into other errors, PmWsfDaemon, and other modem and network related.
    -Mayank Mall
  3. #483  
    Version 28 super ran through the night. F105 kernel 500/1000 on demand. Stayed cool plugged into charger. Went out for awhile and phone got hot in pocket. Turned off wifi (was out of range of my AP) and phone cooled off. Power control is clearly an issue. Then a short while ago phone just died, requiring battery pull. Will continue to let it run awhile before trying latest scripts. Log attached for what you can make of it.
    Last edited by Tim Dugan; 03/04/2012 at 10:43 PM.
  4. #484  
    A note:

    If anybody has tried or is trying my version of the script, make sure you copy the following files from 2.1 doctor to your 2.2.4 OS, after you complete the doctoring.
    1. /usr/bin/PmWsfDaemon
    2. /usr/bin/PmNetConfigManager
    3. /usr/bin/luna-send
    4. /usr/lib/libPmWirelessSystemFramework.so
    5. /usr/lib/libPmNetConfigLib.so
    6. /usr/lib/libLunaSysMgrIpc.so


    You can use Internalz or WSQI to transfer the files, and you'll need to rename the files that are locked and are not being able to replace. Use novaterm and use command:
    mv /usr/bin/PmWsfDaemon /usr/bin/PmwsfDaemon.temp

    Now you'll be able to make the necessary replacements, repeat the above process with any other locked file.

    After these you'll see even better reliability, ofcourse these changes might not work with all builds or with any other. But works with mine version17, posted HERE.
    Last edited by mayank; 02/04/2012 at 01:24 AM.
    -Mayank Mall
  5. #485  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Dugan View Post
    Version 28 super ran through the night. F105 kernel 500/1000 on demand. Stayed cool plugged into charger. Went out for awhile and phone got hot in pocket. Turned off wifi (was out of range of my AP) and phone cooled off. Power control is clearly an issue. Then a short while ago phone just died, requiring battery pull. Will continue to let it run awhile before trying latest scripts. Log attached for what you can make of it.
    Your log is just like all of us, that power daemon, it still bugs me, but did not find it device specific, still could be the trouble of any other power service/module or library associated with the daemon. Nothing sure yet.
    -Mayank Mall
  6. junvtd's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    #486  
    When I build doctor for my Pre+ ATT with your script (Ubuntu 10.04, git source and changed " CUSTOM_CARRIER_CHECK=att CUSTOM_MODEL_CHECK=P101UNA" on file "test-wr-preplus-2.2.4" ). The doctor can run only 4% and say "The device cant be reset" (or something like that).
    Could you help me, John Steffes?
    Sorry, I am a new bee and not good in English
  7. #487  
    Revised getf105 script which works on my w7 VirtualBox Ubuntu 11.10 attached.

    Noticed a couple of "md5 -r" uses in super (3) and test (1) scripts that required replacement with "md5sum" to work on my box. Didn't appear to cause a problem.

    Making Version 31 super doctor now and will flash in morning.

    Edit: Now running Version 32. So far OK.
    Last edited by Tim Dugan; 03/04/2012 at 10:43 PM.
  8. #488  
    Quote Originally Posted by junvtd View Post
    When I build doctor for my Pre+ ATT with your script (Ubuntu 10.04, git source and changed " CUSTOM_CARRIER_CHECK=att CUSTOM_MODEL_CHECK=P101UNA" on file "test-wr-preplus-2.2.4" ). The doctor can run only 4% and say "The device cant be reset" (or something like that).
    Could you help me, John Steffes?
    Sorry, I am a new bee and not good in English
    Well am not John, but still I guess you should be actually posting the real error that came in, run the doctor from the terminal using "java -jar webosdoctorfile.jar" command (without quotes).

    Post your results from the terminal window. Better if you take a screenshot of the terminal and post it here or anyway would do.
    ------------------------


    Another Finding:
    -> Jailer Daemon (/usr/bin/jailer)
    It is also device specific, its configurations are for all but the daemon is specific for each. Saw the messages log and found jailer to report device as roadrunner and therefore it was setting its configurations accordingly, though i never saw that message before, but its still with me for those who wanna have a look.

    Also its a log after many changes including one in my above post, so we might not have common errors.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mayank; 02/03/2012 at 12:59 AM.
    -Mayank Mall
  9.    #489  
    Rod noticed a condition I never would have thought of, as my phone is my primary phone I never use the --wifi-only switch, but as that condition was looking on for $1 and my kernel swap was also looking for $1 both could not work...

    So I added logic to shift thru all the parameters and see if any are --wifi-only or a valid kernel, if they are it will handle that condition, if there are no parameters it will assume you are not wanting WiFi only and will use the stock palm webOS 2.1.0 kernel. I also added a comment to the WIFI to notify during build that condition.

    I have added lots of comments to the output as well as in the code, so others can look and learn and maybe modify the code to benefit this endeavor...

    I want to thank all that are still testing and looking at modules and coming up with different ways of doing things...
    Last edited by John Steffes; 02/03/2012 at 09:12 AM.
    mayank likes this.
  10. junvtd's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    #490  
    Quote Originally Posted by mayank View Post
    Well am not John, but still I guess you should be actually posting the real error that came in, run the doctor from the terminal using "java -jar webosdoctorfile.jar" command (without quotes).

    Post your results from the terminal window. Better if you take a screenshot of the terminal and post it here or anyway would do.
    ------------------------


    Another Finding:
    -> Jailer Daemon (/usr/bin/jailer)
    It is also device specific, its configurations are for all but the daemon is specific for each. Saw the messages log and found jailer to report device as roadrunner and therefore it was setting its configurations accordingly, though i never saw that message before, but its still with me for those who wanna have a look.

    Also its a log after many changes including one in my above post, so we might not have common errors.
    Thanks for your support.
    Here my log, I make with script version 30 on git.
    test-wr-preplus-2.2.4-att.txt

    build_webosdoctor.txt

    install_log.txt

    after run doctor, it only run 4% and login to default firmware 1.4.5. No update found.
  11. #491  
    Your install log says....waiting for device to come back...so actually your pre would have rebooted and it will get into flash mode in the middle of its rebooting....what did happen after that, did you cancel it or what, install log is just fine, it should continue normal...


    try one thing, put the device in recovery mode, turn it off and then press and hold the volume up button and then plug in the usb, it will boot into recovery mode with a big usb sign on the screen, now keep it pluggen in and run the doctor again, do not unplug it, doctoring will take like 20 minutes or so, wait till then, let it reboot, it will not go into normal OS, you wont be seeing ur desktop but just the boot screen for once.
    Last edited by mayank; 02/03/2012 at 08:48 AM.
    -Mayank Mall
  12. junvtd's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    #492  
    Quote Originally Posted by mayank View Post
    Your install log says....waiting for device to come back...so actually your pre would have rebooted and it will get into flash mode in the middle of its rebooting....what did happen after that, did you cancel it or what, install log is just fine, it should continue normal...
    Sadly, it no longer run any more, just 4%. I do not touch in the install process, after 5 minute waiting my fone log back to version 1.4.5, the Doctor alway show 4% and must be "kill process" to closed
    Any support? Could you send me a script for Pre+ Att or the doctor(if you have).
  13. #493  
    Quote Originally Posted by junvtd View Post
    Sadly, it no longer run any more, just 4%. I do not touch in the install process, after 5 minute waiting my fone log back to version 1.4.5, the Doctor alway show 4% and must be "kill process" to closed
    Any support? Could you send me a script for Pre+ Att or the doctor(if you built).

    try recovery mode then, i dont think its the problem of the script....
    Last edited by mayank; 02/03/2012 at 08:56 AM.
    -Mayank Mall
  14. junvtd's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    #494  
    Quote Originally Posted by mayank View Post
    Exactly when do you kill it, as i said in the previous post, it will reboot but you wont see ur desktop but just the PALM boot screen as of 1.4.5, let it boot, dont do anything yet...
    No, It return home screen, you can make a call with this (not a PALM logo in first boot). I had built a doctor with old script (base on doctor version 1.4.5) but in newer version (base on 2.1.0) I can't make it working.

    And I install it on recovery mode, too
  15. #495  
    Quote Originally Posted by junvtd View Post
    No, It return home screen, you can make a call with this (not a PALM logo in first boot). I had built a doctor with old script (base on doctor version 1.4.5) but in newer version (base on 2.1.0) I can't make it working.

    And I install it on recovery mode, too
    As far as i can get, you running 2.1, so try redoctoring with the previous doctor you made that you have completed successfully, this'll confirm whats wrong, either it is something with the script or with the device.
    Last edited by mayank; 02/03/2012 at 09:14 AM.
    -Mayank Mall
  16.    #496  
    Quote Originally Posted by mayank View Post
    Jailer Daemon (/usr/bin/jailer)
    It is also device specific, its configurations are for all but the daemon is specific for each. Saw the messages log and found jailer to report device as roadrunner and therefore it was setting its configurations accordingly, though i never saw that message before, but its still with me for those who wanna have a look.
    I do not see any jail or jailer messages in my message log.

    But if you want to Hex edit jailer at 01689C change roadrunner to castle
    change the 72 [r] to a 63 [c]
    change the 6F [o] to a 61 [a]
    change the 61 [a] to a 73 [s]
    change the 64 [d] to a 74 [t]
    change the 72 [r] to a 6c [l]
    change the 75 [u] to a 65 [e]
    change the 6e [n] to a 00 []
    change the 6e [n] to a 00 []
    change the 65 [e] to a 00 []
    change the 72 [r] to a 00 []

    Not sure what this function will change?
  17. #497  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    I do not see any jail or jailer messages in my message log.

    But if you want to Hex edit jailer at 01689C change roadrunner to castle
    change the 72 [r] to a 63 [c]
    change the 6F [o] to a 61 [a]
    change the 61 [a] to a 73 [s]
    change the 64 [d] to a 74 [t]
    change the 72 [r] to a 6c [l]
    change the 75 [u] to a 65 [e]
    change the 6e [n] to a 00 []
    change the 6e [n] to a 00 []
    change the 65 [e] to a 00 []
    change the 72 [r] to a 00 []

    Not sure what this function will change?

    as i said i do not see that often, its just first time....maybe it creates a configuration once during initial setup and thts whn u get the message....anyway i fixed it by replacing the whole daemon for now, since morning did not had ny trouble, its like evening now.....and also it did not freeze after hours of installations with WSQI and preware, glad it came up till here....
    Last edited by mayank; 02/03/2012 at 11:38 AM.
    -Mayank Mall
  18. #498  
    Not sure I understand what's been done with Version 32. I run getf105 so control and f105.preplus directories are in kernel directory, but super script doesn't pick up f105 kernel and uses 2.1.0 Palm kernel. I'm not smart enough to figure out how script should know to use f105 kernel, although I am getting smarter everyday I play with this!

    Version 32 super with stock kernel is a bust for me. Boots, then very quickly locks up and drains battery. Plan to try Mayank's v17 as soon as battery charges up.
    mayank likes this.
  19. junvtd's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    #499  
    Quote Originally Posted by mayank View Post
    As far as i can get, you running 2.1, so try redoctoring with the previous doctor you made that you have completed successfully, this'll confirm whats wrong, either it is something with the script or with the device.
    Thanks for ur support, I will make it as soon as possible.
  20. #500  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Dugan View Post
    Plan to try Mayank's v17 as soon as battery charges up.
    Do make the changes right after you complete doctoring.....

    AS IN THIS POST



    Jailer Daemon,
    Well loading the daemon from pre plus did not help, my games stopped working, they weren't launching, reverted back the daemon and it fixed that, trying hex editor as directed by John, will see if it helps.
    Last edited by mayank; 02/04/2012 at 02:38 AM.
    -Mayank Mall

Posting Permissions