Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 440 of 718
Like Tree78Likes
  1. #421  
    I see.....and seriously appreciate that. With your good work and knowledge, you are a great guy too....rightly mentioned in the previous posts.
    ------------

    With the lock ups, though being too optimistic, but am frequently suggesting to just try the script, anytime you plan to redoctor. I AM NOT HAVING ANY LOCKUPS OR ANY ISSUES, Below Goes my Messages Log if you wanna have a look....

    Look at those powerd messages, it seem to now understand the charger source, the battery status..and no errors previously mentioned, same goes for activitymanager's error of process queue and various others
    Attached Files Attached Files
    -Mayank Mall
  2. Targon's Avatar
    Posts
    502 Posts
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    #422  
    One thing to think about here(which may or may not be related). In the AV8B kernel, there was a LOT of these sort of lock-up issues that affected some but not others, and it was related to the voltages, with the idea that when the phone is not being used, drop the voltage, since low CPU use means you don't need as much voltage to keep it running stable. One problem that showed up is that some phones can run stable at lower voltages, while others have a problem with it. This is similar to some being able to run at 1.2GHz, while most can hit 1GHz, and still others have a hard time at 800MHz.

    So, for testing of stability, maybe AV8B would be a good choice since you can tweak voltages to see if THAT is the source of the problem?
  3.    #423  
    Quote Originally Posted by Targon View Post
    One thing to think about here(which may or may not be related). In the AV8B kernel, there was a LOT of these sort of lock-up issues that affected some but not others, and it was related to the voltages, with the idea that when the phone is not being used, drop the voltage, since low CPU use means you don't need as much voltage to keep it running stable. One problem that showed up is that some phones can run stable at lower voltages, while others have a problem with it. This is similar to some being able to run at 1.2GHz, while most can hit 1GHz, and still others have a hard time at 800MHz.

    So, for testing of stability, maybe AV8B would be a good choice since you can tweak voltages to see if THAT is the source of the problem?
    Ok was looking for the AV8B, found...
    org.webosinternals.kernels.av8b-kernel-pre_1.4.5.1-186_arm.ipk
    As this is a 1.4.5.1 Kernel, I would assume none of the hooks for 2.1.0 or 2.2.4 are there...

    Comparing the Kernel patches from 1.4.5.1 to 2.1.0 from opensource.palm.com, there are a lot of differences... I assume but did not look at the source for av8b that it is based on 1.4.5.1 source not 2.1.0, so I think it would be a long shot...

    Thanks for the insight, please do not stop... I need more like you thinking outside the box... We must be missing something... Just need someone else to stare and see what it is...

    FYI in the F105 Thunderchief the default for 500MHz is 1200mV and it was figured out that if one upped this to 1225mV it would be more stable...

    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    I had mine lockup on the touchstone as well: Per unixpsycho, in the SR71 Blackbird, F105 Thunderchief, & F104 Starfighter testing kernels thread, I've raised the voltage on the 500mhz setting (I bumped it up from 1200mV to 1225mV) and setup a profile that keeps the setting locked at Screenstate v3/500mhz that I switch to while the phone is on the touchstone overnight. I think it might be helping.
    Last edited by John Steffes; 01/26/2012 at 08:09 PM.
  4. #424  
    Ok i have a noob question,how close are you guys to compiling a rom for the Palm Pre plus? Not sure if that applies for Palm and WebOS,I'm coming from Android, so im playing catch up learning about WebOS.
  5. #425  
    Quote Originally Posted by mayank View Post
    hmmm....so same, the daemon is different.....i guess we'll be having a stable version's script soon. For now my version of the script has solved most of my issues, so i can keep running the OS now. Until you find the right way to make the script, i think people desiring to run 2.2 on pre+ should give my random version a try, no one knows what might work until it actually do.
    Mayank's script does seem to be an improvement. Made it through the night before locking up.

    Using Brightness Unlinked app screen goes off while on TouchStone and phone stays cool. But then something happens, screen comes on, and locks up. Something isn't right with brightness. Setting doesn't persist. Thought it might be hardware related, but doctoring to 1.4.5.1 brightness adjustment stayed put.

    The answer is there someplace. Keep up the good work.
  6. #426  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Dugan View Post
    Mayank's script does seem to be an improvement. Made it through the night before locking up.

    Using Brightness Unlinked app screen goes off while on TouchStone and phone stays cool. But then something happens, screen comes on, and locks up. Something isn't right with brightness. Setting doesn't persist. Thought it might be hardware related, but doctoring to 1.4.5.1 brightness adjustment stayed put.

    The answer is there someplace. Keep up the good work.
    Am glad you tried it.

    For info, what kernel are you on? And you seem to have a touchstone, can you confirm exhibition mode being disabled when on touchstone. John had this problem, though he did not try the script yet.

    By the way, it would be greater help if you post your messages log file from /var/log/ directory.

    I guess touchstone is causing some troubles there, and its the powerd again....wan't your log first, and anyway you should be able to turn to other options like lock-screen on touchstone(default), for the time being, until John comes up with something better and or kernel replacement, maybe the only trouble, though doesn't seem to me as the only one.
    Last edited by mayank; 01/27/2012 at 01:15 PM.
    -Mayank Mall
  7. #427  
    Quote Originally Posted by TabascoTX View Post
    Ok i have a noob question,how close are you guys to compiling a rom for the Palm Pre plus? Not sure if that applies for Palm and WebOS,I'm coming from Android, so im playing catch up learning about WebOS.
    ROM's don't exist for webOS. I suggest visiting the Webosinternals wiki page and look over the "upgrade to 2.0" page for Pre+/-. That will give you an idea of how the scripts that are being tested in this thread are used.
  8.    #428  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Dugan View Post
    Mayank's script does seem to be an improvement. Made it through the night before locking up.

    Using Brightness Unlinked app screen goes off while on TouchStone and phone stays cool. But then something happens, screen comes on, and locks up. Something isn't right with brightness. Setting doesn't persist. Thought it might be hardware related, but doctoring to 1.4.5.1 brightness adjustment stayed put.

    The answer is there someplace. Keep up the good work.
    Quote Originally Posted by mayank View Post
    Am glad you tried it.

    For info, what kernel are you on? And you seem to have a touchstone, can you confirm exhibition mode being disabled when on touchstone. John had this problem, though he did not try the script yet.

    By the way, it would be greater help if you post your messages log file from /var/log/ directory.

    I guess touchstone is causing some troubles there, and its the powerd again....wan't your log first, and anyway you should be able to turn to other options like lock-screen on touchstone(default), for the time being, until John comes up with something better and or kernel replacement, maybe the only trouble, though doesn't seem to me as the only one.
    Ok I have looked a lot further into Powerd... Here is my theory.... Maybe I am wrong... But here I go...

    Looking at the following messages
    USB_CHG: USBGadgetProbe: Invalid charger source unknown
    CHG_LOGIC: ChargerStatus: received signal chargerStatus: none/none at 0 (disconnected) from powerd
    Unknown charger type "none" found
    luna://com.palm.telephony/com/palm/power/chargerStatus {"type":"inductive","connected":true,"name":"puck","current_mA":700}
    CHG_LOGIC: ChargerStatus: received signal chargerStatus: puck/inductive at 700 (connected) from unknown
    CHG_LOGIC: Probe charger status success!

    Why am I seeing source unknown, why is it seeing charger type "none"...

    Then I remembered this is Pre3 powerd wrapped around Pre2... Now I got it...
    The Pre3, Veer, and Touchpad are location and TouchStone "puck" aware...

    What does this mean... Well I have a Touchpad, have two TouchStone stands... One is by my bed when docked a clock is displayed... One at my office, when docked it displays a slide show of my photos... IT KNOWS WHICH DOCK IT iS CONNECTED TO...

    The Pre2 now has that logic from the powerd module, that is why it can't figure out what my puck is, because the old pre/pixi pucks did not announce who they were...

    This is just a theory but as the same error messages are now on the Pre2 (and now the PrePlus with these scripts) and the Touchpad (I do not have a Pre3 to test with)... but anyone who has a Pre3 care to share their messages log file?

    From Touchpad when connected to USB:
    {powerd}: USB_CHG: USBGadgetProbe: Invalid charger source unknown
    Unknown charger type "none" found
    msm_otg_suspend: usb in low power mode
    gadget_event: source=bus mA=500
    max8903b_current_setup: CURRENT_500MA

    It now knows it is connected via USB and mounts /media/internal for USB Disk usage (displays USB icon)...

    When Touchpad is connected to TouchStone:
    USB_CHG: USBGadgetProbe: Invalid charger source unknown
    Charging field is missing!
    USB_CHG: USBGadgetProbe: Invalid charger source unknown
    Unknown charger type "none" found
    max8903b_current_setup: CURRENT_750(4), 900(5), 1000(6), 1400(7), 2000MA(9): 7

    So it now knows the TouchStone is active at 1400mV and exhibition mode turns on...
    Last edited by John Steffes; 01/27/2012 at 02:45 PM.
  9. Targon's Avatar
    Posts
    502 Posts
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    #429  
    AV8B has not been updated since August 11th, but it's there under /feeds/webos-kernels/2.1.0/


    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Ok was looking for the AV8B, found...
    org.webosinternals.kernels.av8b-kernel-pre_1.4.5.1-186_arm.ipk
    As this is a 1.4.5.1 Kernel, I would assume none of the hooks for 2.1.0 or 2.2.4 are there...

    Comparing the Kernel patches from 1.4.5.1 to 2.1.0 from opensource.palm.com, there are a lot of differences... I assume but did not look at the source for av8b that it is based on 1.4.5.1 source not 2.1.0, so I think it would be a long shot...

    Thanks for the insight, please do not stop... I need more like you thinking outside the box... We must be missing something... Just need someone else to stare and see what it is...

    FYI in the F105 Thunderchief the default for 500MHz is 1200mV and it was figured out that if one upped this to 1225mV it would be more stable...
  10. Targon's Avatar
    Posts
    502 Posts
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    #430  
    Quote Originally Posted by TabascoTX View Post
    Ok i have a noob question,how close are you guys to compiling a rom for the Palm Pre plus? Not sure if that applies for Palm and WebOS,I'm coming from Android, so im playing catch up learning about WebOS.
    One thing you need to understand is that at this time, webOS is not a fully Open Source operating system, and as a result, it is a violation of the copyright to re-distribute modified code.

    Now, the workaround for this is to write scripts which will automate the process of downloading the different pieces of webOS and then splicing them together from the different pieces. So, you download the base webOS 1.4.5 for the Pre/Pre Plus, you download the official images of 2.1.0 that are out there for certain other carriers, then you download the official 2.2.4 images. The scripts then will combine the various elements from all of these into a new image that meta-doctor can now "package" for you. The result is similar to a webOS Doctor file you would download from Palm/HP with the new version.

    The key issue is that since HP/Palm has not released webOS 2.2.4 for the Pre Plus on ANY carrier, all of this tinkering is needed to try to get it to work. The fact that even without source code for much of WebOS it is able to run just shows that HP has NOT put effort into getting it working. At the least, the non-carrier restricted phones out there could have gotten 2.2.4 if any work had been done by HP to make it happen.

    So, how far away is it? Open webOS 1.0 is due out this fall, which will in theory be fully open sourced. If it will work on the Pre/Pre+ or not is something none of us can know at this point. So, until then, a hacked together webOS 2.2.4 would be a very nice addition since HP STUPIDLY canceled the Pre 3 before it was launched in the USA.
  11. #431  
    John, told you, you were using a metadoctored version on pre 2, and those messages were coz of it....

    Now apart from the theory you gave, i believe that the daemon is created in somewhat way, incompaitible with older versions. Well apart from not officially announing a 2.x doctor for pre+ and below, i guess HP doesn't want the new OS to even be made able to run well on these. Ofcouse they know about the overclocking kernels, and about the metadoctor scripts, so to avoid another hack of the os, they might have tried to mend their code in ways that it just doesn't run on the older models, or proves to be a resource hog, which it actually isn't, just one powerd could cool it down, what about other daemons that are running. Well not all of'em could be moulded, but something is definitely wrong there, either with our script or with the kernel or maybe with the DAEMONS.

    Well, actually i was watching Sherlock Holmes 2, so dont blame me for that detective's view there, just a side of a picture.

    Anyway, i am still running a stable 2.2.4 on pre+, dont have a touchstone, but can confirm the proper working of patches, games, app (including app tuckerbox), services, flashlight, flash......I tried other modules, but anything more/less to the script i submitted previously....leads to lockups again, so its not just powerd, ...ultimately why does these lockups come back if any addition / removal is made, though few additions might work. {Detective Daemon ^_^}


    Also worth mentioning, i tried the script by enabling betwa feeds, even that thing leaded to freezing OS, so any change and again the same old OS, i dont get this anyway. without changes even the Palm kernel is able to handle the things...o_O
    Last edited by mayank; 01/27/2012 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Enabling Feeds...
    -Mayank Mall
  12.    #432  
    Quote Originally Posted by Targon View Post
    AV8B has not been updated since August 11th, but it's there under /feeds/webos-kernels/2.1.0/
    org.webosinternals.kernels.av8b-kernel-pre_2.1.0-71_arm.ipk

    Wow, I was looking and never saw it maybe I thought it was for Pre2...

    But, I converted it to know 2.2.4 and will try that kernel, thanks for pointing it out to me...
  13.    #433  
    Quote Originally Posted by mayank View Post
    John, told you, you were using a metadoctored version on pre 2, and those messages were coz of it....

    Now apart from the theory you gave, i believe that the daemon is created in somewhat way, incompaitible with older versions. Well apart from not officially announing a 2.x doctor for pre+ and below, i guess HP doesn't want the new OS to even be made able to run well on these. Ofcouse they know about the overclocking kernels, and about the metadoctor scripts, so to avoid another hack of the os, they might have tried to mend their code in ways that it just doesn't run on the older models, or proves to be a resource hog, which it actually isn't, just one powerd could cool it down, what about other daemons that are running. Well not all of'em could be moulded, but something is definitely wrong there, either with our script or with the kernel or maybe with the DAEMONS.

    Well, actually i was watching Sherlock Holmes 2, so dont blame me for that detective's view there, just a side of a picture.

    Anyway, i am still running a stable 2.2.4 on pre+, dont have a touchstone, but can confirm the proper working of patches, games, app (including app tuckerbox), services, flashlight, flash......I tried other modules, but anything more/less to the script i submitted previously....leads to lockups again, so its not just powerd, ...ultimately why does these lockups come back if any addition / removal is made, though few additions might work. {Detective Daemon ^_^}
    Yes I have modified the build on my Pre2 to know the carrier and my model, however, I have left the entire build alone, and still have the same error codes... Now I do not have a GSM pre2, but I am willing to say that the alert messages for powerd are on them as well.... Anyone with a GSM pre2 running pure HP/Palm Doctor... Post their messages log... As my TouchPad also has these alerts I am sure this is by design, as I have already proved the TouchPad knows which TouchStone dock it is on, and as I understand not having a Pre3 or Veer they understand this as well...

    I highly doubt HP/Palm would build a Pre2 build that would be specific to the model, as I have seen many users swap Pre2 modem boards from CDMA to GSM to PrePlus GSM or CDMA and their Pre2's/PrePlus's work just the same... As the Pre3 CDMA is a different Phone then Pre3 GSM and AT&T GSM is also different (band's), there is a reason that those builds are different (I have compared each build and know what is different).

    I also compared the webOS 2.1.0 builds for the Pre2 (108 and 124) besides a few carrier changes the builds are not drastically different. I even have a script to create a Verizon PrePlus webOS 2.1.0 build (based on Verizon Pre2 build 124), which does work and is very stable...

    The main reason, I believe that the build is not stable is the Pre2 kernel changed... From webOS 2.1.0 to webOS 2.2.4 look at opensource.palm.com and compare the HP/Palm Patches they are different and they changed a lot...

    Now if I or someone could build a PrePlus kernel based on the Pre2 Kernel changes but modify it to also have the PrePlus CPU changes (basically this is where I am at)...

    But as I have never built a PrePlus Kernel I am trying to learn what uNiXpSyChO or Rod already know but do not have the time to do... If there was someone else who could figure this out I would be happy...
  14. #434  
    Not sure if this is any help, but what about the "no sleep" patch?

    Or could this be related to wifi settings? There is a "sleep on device off" setting for wifi. Perhaps it is unable to communicate with powerd and freaks out...

    A hot phone can mean large current drain, or tons of processor use. Are their programs that are very cpu intensive running with the two versions of powerd?

    With 105A we could post Govnah profiles to ensure that people are running consistent settings. For example, an SSV3 profile might run dramatically different than a Performance or other governors. Has anyone tried an Ondemand governor? What is the default governor for the 2.2.4 kernel?

    Just throwing ideas out

    Props due to Rod and Unix and all, but has either ever rolled a kernel without the palm source? I thought those were mandatory for releasing kernels...
  15. #435  
    One more thing: has anyone gotten the kernel crash log after one of these freezes?

    i've never done it, because ever time i asked how it seemed like i needed to be a level 6 master, or some thing... I think it's like: notice your phone is frozen, get a cord ready, pull the battery but plug the cord at the same time so power isn't lost, but it reboots into recovery mode? something along those lines...
  16.    #436  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    Not sure if this is any help, but what about the "no sleep" patch?

    Or could this be related to wifi settings? There is a "sleep on device off" setting for wifi. Perhaps it is unable to communicate with powerd and freaks out...

    A hot phone can mean large current drain, or tons of processor use. Are their programs that are very cpu intensive running with the two versions of powerd?

    With 105A we could post Govnah profiles to ensure that people are running consistent settings. For example, an SSV3 profile might run dramatically different than a Performance or other governors. Has anyone tried an Ondemand governor? What is the default governor for the 2.2.4 kernel?

    Just throwing ideas out

    Props due to Rod and Unix and all, but has either ever rolled a kernel without the palm source? I thought those were mandatory for releasing kernels...
    Yeah, I understand most people want a "here you go" build source... But from a linux kernel (I have built many years ago... now that was based on slack ware linux we are talking v 1.0 of the kernel back on 8088 and 80286's...) it is simple grab the source on palm's open source web site patch it and then compile...

    I did this compiled a webOS 2.1.0 kernel from their open source web site copied it to my PrePlus (configured the PrePlus to boot from it) and boom it booted just fine... now when I compare my kernel to theirs it is not 100% (I did not use the same IA32 Linux toolchain, 2007q3-51 source version they used, I used IA32 Linux toolchain, 2009q1 instead) and I am using a MAC to compile the source but I am going off of old notes on webosinternals web site on how to build a kernel.

    But now I am trying to mash two open source kernels together taking the differences (patch files) from Palm and look at each change 1 by 1, and attempting to Build a PrePlus kernel using the changes... This is way over my head at this time... but I am still trying to figure it out... Once I do if I do I will post a script to pull down all the source and build assuming the script works on other systems besides my own, it will build a kernel, then I will create a special script to take this new kernel and port it into the meta-doctor which will then create a new doctor.

    This is very possible and not as easy as I thought, building a script to mash webOS 2.1.0 and webOS 2.2.4 was easy, building kernels is a different story... Now I would love help... If someone knows the right steps and can do all the Kernel work... Life would be great... Just would need to create a script to grab the source and tweak it the way it needs to be tweaked and then build a kernel.

    As this is all linux open source and I am grabbing open source and building a kernel on the fly I would not be causing any copyright issues as far as I can tell... If anyone who knows better and can tell me I would love to know, would like to stay on the right side of the law... Who knows might be able to even get it in the kernel feeds... But lets not get ahead of myself I still have to build a PrePlus kernel that works...


    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    One more thing: has anyone gotten the kernel crash log after one of these freezes?

    i've never done it, because ever time i asked how it seemed like i needed to be a level 6 master, or some thing... I think it's like: notice your phone is frozen, get a cord ready, pull the battery but plug the cord at the same time so power isn't lost, but it reboots into recovery mode? something along those lines...
    FYI I have looked at all the logs on my device before and after each kernel, including the Palm kernel, and as far as I can tell during the life of the system there are a lot of kernel messages that I have tried to figure out what they really mean and how to go about fixing them... But as I do not know that much about the Sirloin OMAP3430 processor I am not sure what is normal vs what is not, even left my phone at webOS 2.1.0 (before I had a sort of stable version 26 script with F105) and dump the kernel over and over so I know what webOS 2.1.0's kernel acted with various conditions, now I am comparing that to the various kernels (Palm, Uber-18, F105-88, and AV8B-71 now testing) under webOS 2.2.4.
    Last edited by John Steffes; 01/27/2012 at 08:47 PM.
    mayank likes this.
  17. #437  
    Hi.

    Time for a 2nd experience set.


    Settings:
    Palm Pre+ O2/Germany completely wiped Disk/Settings
    test-wr-preplus-2.2.4 script from Git (last git pull was evening, 27th of Jan 2012)
    Settings in Makefile:
    # BYPASS_ACTIVATION = 1
    # BYPASS_FIRST_USE_APP = 1
    ENABLE_DEVELOPER_MODE = 1
    ENABLE_BETA_FEEDS = 1
    # INSTALL_SSH_AUTH_KEYS = 1
    # INSTALL_WIFI_PROFILES = 1
    DISABLE_UPLOAD_DAEMON = 1
    # DISABLE_UPDATE_DAEMON = 1
    # DISABLE_MODEM_UPDATE = 1
    # ENABLE_USB_NETWORKING = 1
    # REMOVE_MODEL_CHECK = 1
    # REMOVE_CARRIER_CHECK = 1
    # CHANGE_KEYBOARD_TYPE = z
    # ADD_EXTRA_CARRIERS = 1
    # VAR_PARTITION_SIZE = 2GB
    SWAP_PARTITION_SIZE = 512MB
    EXT3FS_PARTITION_SIZE = 2GB
    DEVICE = preplus
    CARRIER = wr
    DEVICE = preplus
    CARRIER = wr
    CUSTOM_BOOTLOGO = scripts/WebOS-Internals.tga
    Uberkernel-18 Screenstate 500/800 from Preware -no Compcache - adding the 2.1.0-Feed ipkg.preware.org /feeds/webos-kernels/2.2.4
    Govnah 1.3.9
    Default run
    No Patches

    "User Experience":
    Make went trough, one bigger error:
    tar -C build/meta-wr-preplus-2.2.4/rootfs --wildcards \
    -f build/meta-wr-preplus-2.2.4/webOS/nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar \
    --delete -T build/meta-wr-preplus-2.2.4/ipkgs-file-list.txt \
    ./usr/lib/ipkg/info ./boot ./lib/modules ./md5sums*
    tar: ./etc/camd/smia_ed.cfg: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./etc/camd/vx6852-load-firmware: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./etc/camd/vx6852-once-0.00.bin: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./etc/camd/vx6852-once-0.10.bin: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./etc/camd/vx6852-once-1.20.bin: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./etc/camd/vx6852-once-2.21.bin: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./etc/event.d/camd: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./etc/event.d/vx6852: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./lib/firmware/vx6852-once.bin: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./usr/bin/camd: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./usr/lib/libdxo.so: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./usr/lib/libisphal.so: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstcamsrc.so: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./usr/lib/libcamipc.so: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./etc/event.d/gpu: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./etc/init.d/rc.pvr: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/tisgxgfx/bc_example.ko: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/tisgxgfx/omaplfb.ko: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/tisgxgfx/pvrsrvkm.ko: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./usr/bin/pvrsrvinit: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./usr/lib/libEGL.so: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./usr/lib/libGLES_CM.so: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./usr/lib/libGLESv2.so: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./usr/lib/libIMGegl.so: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./usr/lib/libOpenVG.so: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./usr/lib/libOpenVGU.so: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./usr/lib/libPVRScopeServices.so: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./usr/lib/libews.so: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./usr/lib/libglslcompiler.so: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./usr/lib/libpvr2d.so: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./usr/lib/libpvrEWS_WSEGL.so: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./usr/lib/libpvrPVR2D_BLITWSEGL.so: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./usr/lib/libpvrPVR2D_FLIPWSEGL.so: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./usr/lib/libpvrPVR2D_FRONTWSEGL.so: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./usr/lib/libpvrPVR2D_LINUXFBWSEGL.so: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./usr/lib/libsrv_init.so: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./usr/lib/libsrv_um.so: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./etc/event.d/compcache: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./etc/palm/preferences/compcache_enabled: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/extra/ramzswap.ko: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/extra/xvmalloc.ko: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: Beende mit Fehlerstatus aufgrund vorheriger Fehler
    make[1]: [build/meta-wr-preplus-2.2.4/.packed] Fehler 2 (ignoriert)

    1st Run:
    German language, went fine with existing account. Didn't try a new one.

    "Regular Usage":
    Well known slow reactions from standard kernel. 1 or 2 locks unless Uberkernel is online.
    Working/tested:
    - Govnah says correct 500MHz for default Kernel when launched first. Screenstate 500/800 seems to work well. Bugs see below.
    - UMTS/WLAN,
    - Preware - additional alpha feeds enabled - installed using QuickInstall.
    - GPS (yap, works. looks like the super-script/build uses other servers or whatever)
    - Same with Facebook App. (No works in USA-Mode, works in EU)
    - Camera/Video
    - LED
    - Audio (Remix Music Player)
    - Youtube (but Youtube-App missing. Player launching when Film is pressed to start from Website.)
    - Flash (Flash Test site from Adobe works. Pinch-to-zoom not possible(slow to no end?) of course)
    - Disc access using USB

    Bugs found:
    Random Crashs
    The system freezes from time to time. Funny thing is: A started MP3-Song finishes without issues in the background. then no more reaction.
    From yesterday to today the system froze. But the LED was still blinking for new emails. Trying to recover/unlock the screen results in nothing. Screen remained black but the screen got warm. Looks like something IS still active/working.
    Sometimes the screen freezes with light on. Occured at least in 2 situations:
    1. Working in Debian chroot and playing music froze the system. No more input. Song ended. --> Battery Pull for further fun.
    2. Reproduceable: Use Govnah --> Screenstate 500/800 -> Set governor to on-demand -> Set Min freq to e.g. 125MHz. (often you don't even reach that because the screen flickers 2x and then freezes or 3x when pinned to 500MHz due to low battery) --> Dead. In some cases you have the time to press the apply-button. But not always.
    The battery-charging-popup doesn't load when plugging the USB-cable into the laptop one time. Had to reboot to go into USB-HDD-Mode. The flash-symbol was visible on the battery-symbol, through.

    Not tested:
    - Bluetooth
    - Touchstone

    Hope, that helps.
    Note: I don't like running my Pre+ @1GHz. Gets hot in no time/battery drain is _visible_ and I don't like fried phones. Thats why I use the 800/500 Governor.

    Regards, Bigfoot29

    PS: Are there still log files for the unmodified Pre2 needed? Note: I only have one old touchstone.
    PPS: Looks like I didn't post here enough. Sorry for the "broken" link... :-S
  18. #438  
    Well after some weeks of trying WebOS 2.2.4 I just have to say it works... but...
    - My Pre+ is plainly unstable, need at least one battery pull per day, and when I say at least I mean that somedays it needs more.
    - You have to handle ypour updated Pre+ with care, do not scroll too fast, do not multitask heavily, do not swipe too fast.
    - For some strange reason I can't figure out yet Contact editing is gone, also Wifi tethering is gone.
    - On some battery pulls (beacuse of a total lockout) I lost my Spaz configuration and the record of all installed apps and patches (not so many though).
    - Battery is drainiing extremely fast, comparing to the performance on 2.1
    Haven't tried Skype yet.

    Everything else seems to work fine. The script is not ready for users who just want 2.2.4 work 100% out of the box. There's a lot of tweaking to be done.

    I won't go back to 2.1 yet, I just hope that the 2.2.4 upgrade script gets to a stable phase.
    Best regards, and keep the great work,

    Josť Ignacio Santa Cruz G.
  19. #439  
    So, Are the kernels cleaned up from the feeds or am i looking at the wrong place?
    -Mayank Mall
  20.    #440  
    Went thru the script again and tested the kernel modules from Pre2, guess what they worked on PrePlus... removed porting them from webOS 2.1.0 source and now left the Pre2 versions, everything has been working fine for my device for 16 hours... My device still freezes/locks up... But, I see a lot less kernel messages referring to issues... Still working on replacing the PrePlus Kernel with a mashed Pre2 Kernel but as my testing has come further these updates might help?

    Rod approved on github all scripts were updated to version 27...

    Please try it out and let me know if there are issues...

    FYI The following is normal as the files were previously pruned from the TAR, so when it updates the TAR is removes the file first, but as the files were already removed it can't find them...

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot29 View Post
    "User Experience":
    Make went trough, one bigger error:
    tar -C build/meta-wr-preplus-2.2.4/rootfs --wildcards \
    -f build/meta-wr-preplus-2.2.4/webOS/nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar \
    --delete -T build/meta-wr-preplus-2.2.4/ipkgs-file-list.txt \
    ./usr/lib/ipkg/info ./boot ./lib/modules ./md5sums*
    tar: ./etc/camd/smia_ed.cfg: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./etc/camd/vx6852-load-firmware: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./etc/camd/vx6852-once-0.00.bin: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./etc/camd/vx6852-once-0.10.bin: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./etc/camd/vx6852-once-1.20.bin: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./etc/camd/vx6852-once-2.21.bin: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./etc/event.d/camd: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./etc/event.d/vx6852: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./lib/firmware/vx6852-once.bin: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./usr/bin/camd: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./usr/lib/libdxo.so: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./usr/lib/libisphal.so: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstcamsrc.so: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./usr/lib/libcamipc.so: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./etc/event.d/gpu: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./etc/init.d/rc.pvr: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/tisgxgfx/bc_example.ko: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/tisgxgfx/omaplfb.ko: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/tisgxgfx/pvrsrvkm.ko: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./usr/bin/pvrsrvinit: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./usr/lib/libEGL.so: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./usr/lib/libGLES_CM.so: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./usr/lib/libGLESv2.so: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./usr/lib/libIMGegl.so: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./usr/lib/libOpenVG.so: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./usr/lib/libOpenVGU.so: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./usr/lib/libPVRScopeServices.so: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./usr/lib/libews.so: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./usr/lib/libglslcompiler.so: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./usr/lib/libpvr2d.so: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./usr/lib/libpvrEWS_WSEGL.so: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./usr/lib/libpvrPVR2D_BLITWSEGL.so: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./usr/lib/libpvrPVR2D_FLIPWSEGL.so: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./usr/lib/libpvrPVR2D_FRONTWSEGL.so: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./usr/lib/libpvrPVR2D_LINUXFBWSEGL.so: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./usr/lib/libsrv_init.so: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./usr/lib/libsrv_um.so: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./etc/event.d/compcache: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./etc/palm/preferences/compcache_enabled: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/extra/ramzswap.ko: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: ./lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/extra/xvmalloc.ko: Nicht im Archiv gefunden.
    tar: Beende mit Fehlerstatus aufgrund vorheriger Fehler
    make[1]: [build/meta-wr-preplus-2.2.4/.packed] Fehler 2 (ignoriert)
    Last edited by John Steffes; 01/28/2012 at 07:47 PM.

Posting Permissions