Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 400 of 718
Like Tree78Likes
  1. #381  
    Settings:
    Palm Pre+ O2/Germany completely wiped Disk/Settings
    Super-Script from 13th of Jan.
    F105 Rev 88 Kernel from BETA-Feed (downloaded from website) with Compcache 16 MB enabled
    Default run (no params for super-Script)
    No Patches

    "User Experience":
    Make went through fine. - No issues
    Update itself went fine.
    1st Run:
    Language selection: English and another language only (no german - is there a way to get that?)
    System lock up when creating new account on the GPS location settings (asks if a program should ask everytime when using GPS) - Used workaround to doctor the phone again and use "log into existing account"

    "Regular Usage":
    Heavy lag with default kernel but in 1 hour "only" one lock up/Battery Pull when setting up Skype.
    Govnah 1.3.9 installed
    Preware does not show any kernels in normal or beta feeds so I had to go the way with altering the /etc/palm-...-file and manually install the kernel using QuickInstall
    Working/Tested: WLAN/UMTS, Camera (Photos), Touchstone partial (detects, loads and displays exhibition mode, but was empty at the next morning. -> Does not use Touchstone current to power device while on Touchstone once battery full?)
    Govnah runs the kernel with 1005MHz at default - which is much too high. Had to set up a manual profile which limits the CPU to 800 MHz to keep a cool head.
    Still, Govnah default profile uses "Screenstate" governor and "screenstate" switch in advanced config is off?
    Heat throtteling doesn't work also. CPU used to run at 52C which is far above the limit of 47C - with full 800 MHz. Same with USB- or Touchstone-Throtteling. Under load: full 800 MHz (ondemand-governor seems to work well. Still no frequencies <500MHz possible like with the Pre2-Uberkernel)
    The getting started program for gestures freezes the screen. Black full size card and no content.
    Using simple WLAN downloads draws up to 650mAh from the batteries according to Govnah. Thats near to "insane".
    Flash is working (but zooming the webpage with flash elements... ummm... forget it. (slooow)^^
    App Catalog is working as expected.
    <Edit>Neither (Bing) Maps nor NavIt get a GPS Fix with WLAN on (Data connection usind cell phone connection is disabled) within 10 Minutes. </Edit>

    Sooo: Summary:

    The phone seems to run fine. I am missing the german language and I don't need the verizon applications. (Last one is a parameter for the super-script afaikafaikafaik?) $What$ $makes$ $me$ $nervous$ $is$ $the$ $Kernel$. $Govnah$ $can$'$t$ $keep$ $and$ $apply$ $the$ $settings$ $as$ $it$ $should$ $and$ $Safety$ $throtteling$ $doesn$'$t$ $kick$ $in$. $That$ $the$ $touchstone$ $doesn$'$t$ $keep$ $the$ $batteries$ $charged$ $once$ $they$ $are$ $full$ $seems$ $to$ $be$ $a$ $bug$ $somewhere$ $that$ $I$ $could$ $live$ $with$. -&$gt$; $USB$ $then$.
    With an upcoming, stable Uberkernel I expect the kernel issues to be gone and govnah being more happy with it. Currently I can't consider the device to be "stable" enough for daily usage.

    Anyway: Thanks to all of you who contributed to that "inofficial" update. I hope my post helps at least a little bit to iron out last bugs. I can send log files or such alike whenever needed.

    Regards, Bigfoot29
    Last edited by Bigfoot29; 01/25/2012 at 06:54 AM. Reason: Advanced tests yesterday
  2. #382  
    Though its just an idea, but i guess the uber kernel and other kernels would be pretty stable on PRE2, dont know exactly as i dont have one, but if they are then maybe inplace of figuring out the differences between closed souce palm kernels, you can try to find the differences between the uber kernels.

    Am not sure, seems am not saying the right thing, but just an idea.
    -Mayank Mall
  3.    #383  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot29 View Post
    The phone seems to run fine. I am missing the german language and I don't need the verizon applications. (Last one is a parameter for the super-script afaikafaikafaik?) $What$ $makes$ $me$ $nervous$ $is$ $the$ $Kernel$. $Govnah$ $can$'$t$ $keep$ $and$ $apply$ $the$ $settings$ $as$ $it$ $should$ $and$ $Safety$ $throtteling$ $doesn$'$t$ $kick$ $in$. $That$ $the$ $touchstone$ $doesn$'$t$ $keep$ $the$ $batteries$ $charged$ $once$ $they$ $are$ $full$ $seems$ $to$ $be$ $a$ $bug$ $somewhere$ $that$ $I$ $could$ $live$ $with$. -&$gt$; $USB$ $then$.
    With an upcoming, stable Uberkernel I expect the kernel issues to be gone and govnah being more happy with it. Currently I can't consider the device to be "stable" enough for daily usage.

    Anyway: Thanks to all of you who contributed to that "inofficial" update. I hope my post helps at least a little bit to iron out last bugs. I can send log files or such alike whenever needed.

    Regards, Bigfoot29
    Bigfoot29, the super script is designed around Verizon there is a test-wr-preplus-2.2.4 script for all the O2 etc... which includes German.. Look in the meta-doctor feed...

    I designed the Super Script off the version 26 of the test-verizon-preplus-2.2.4, it includes all the Verizon apps and as Verizon has english and spanish for their languages... that is why there is no german...

    I did not create a super script beyond Verizon, as it is a test of mashing together what I like for my phone (it is what I use to build my phone) as YMMV I did not make it for any other carrier, that does not mean someone can't take the other scripts copy the super content and make a super script for other carriers, I just can't test beyond Verizon as that is my carrier... that is why the first post only has Verizon in the scripts it is what I test, and Rod made the WR script, I have just updated it to version 26 (to keep it current).

    But these scripts are not mine alone, if you like something and want to add it let me know (post the changes with review if it works and makes sense I will added it to the feeds or change the existing script)... I want this to evolve by the users for the users... I came up with the initial script, but make it better if you can... My hope is webOS lives... and that my PrePlus lives... I am not one for buying a new phone ever two years... if it works for me I stick with it... Why carriers control us in the USA is beyond me...

    Quote Originally Posted by mayank View Post
    Though its just an idea, but i guess the uber kernel and other kernels would be pretty stable on PRE2, dont know exactly as i dont have one, but if they are then maybe inplace of figuring out the differences between closed souce palm kernels, you can try to find the differences between the uber kernels.

    Am not sure, seems am not saying the right thing, but just an idea.
    The Kernel is not the only thing though, there are also drivers that have to mix with the kernel... Those are the differences I can not yet get (they are not open sourced)...

    For instance their is a kernel mode drive oprofile which is open sourced, but how to compile? what switches to use? I am over my head at the moment, have in the past built linux kernels and will keep attempting, but others are way ahead of me at this...

    The Uber-Kernel mash would be a good thread and I was hoping UnixPyscho or Rod or someone from WEBOSINTERNALS would take on that... beyond me to understand all their work, do not wish to re-invent the wheel...
    mayank likes this.
  4. #384  
    core.messageService...No such file or directory

    This is an error in the messages.log, i dont think its coz of the kernel issue, so, for now, i think its not the kernel problem but something being missed out.

    Majority of the errors correspond to activity id not found at some framework, mostly referring to framework/foundations/*
    -Mayank Mall
  5.    #385  
    Quote Originally Posted by mayank View Post
    core.messageService...No such file or directory

    This is an error in the messages.log, i dont think its coz of the kernel issue, so, for now, i think its not the kernel problem but something being missed out.

    Majority of the errors correspond to activity id not found at some framework, mostly referring to framework/foundations/*
    As the webOS 2.2.4 source is Pre2 I will check my Pre2 to see if it also has the same issues, remember the script just replaces the Pre2 Bootloader, Kernel, Kernel Modules, Camera, WiFi, and Video drivers with the PrePlus webOS 2.1.0 versions in their place, it only removes the Camera and Pre2 Video driver, it does not touch any messaging... So if there are any issues with other parts it should also be issues on the Pre2.

    Modules brought over (PrePlus) from webOS 2.1.0:
    bootloader kernel-dev kernel-module-oprofile kernel-module-scsi-wait-scan camd-omap34xx camsrc-omap34xx kernel-image-2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430 kernel-module-ecb kernel-module-ifb kernel-module-nbd kernel-module-pcbc pmwifidriver tisgxgfx updatefsinfo bootie-images trenchcoat compcache

    Modules removed (Pre2) from webOS 2.2.4:
    camd-omap36xx camsrc-omap36xx tisgxgfx-roadrunner

    Modules modified Palm-Build-Info and luna-prefs (mashed from webOS 2.2.4 and webOS 2.1.0)...

    F105 Thunderchief replaces the following modules (although it does not update the .control/.list/.md5sums files):
    kernel-dev kernel-module-scsi-wait-scan kernel-image-2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430 kernel-module-nbd kernel-module-pcbc

    Uber-Kernel replaces the following modules (although it does not update the .control/.list/.md5sums files):
    kernel-dev kernel-module-oprofile kernel-module-scsi-wait-scan kernel-image-2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430 kernel-module-ecb kernel-module-ifb kernel-module-nbd kernel-module-pcbc

    Something to try take the updated modules from Uber-Kernel that are not updated from F105 and mash them together? kernel-module-oprofile kernel-module-ecb kernel-module-ifb
    Last edited by John Steffes; 01/26/2012 at 08:12 PM.
  6. #386  
    Any idea what i have to chnage the script to if I'm using Vodafone Eu (germany)?

    i think i have to change the custom model to P101UEU
  7. #387  
    Quote Originally Posted by nkay08 View Post
    Any idea what i have to chnage the script to if I'm using Vodafone Eu (germany)?

    i think i have to change the custom model to P101UEU

    Well check your device info in the current OS, if P101UEU is your model, go ahead you got right.
    -Mayank Mall
  8. #388  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    ...
    The Uber-Kernel mash would be a good thread and I was hoping UnixPyscho or Rod or someone from WEBOSINTERNALS would take on that... beyond me to understand all their work, do not wish to re-invent the wheel...
    John. Just curious, but have you posted over on the F105A thread, or PM'd UnixPsycho about this? i know Rod is aware, but not sure about Unix...
  9. #389  
    Hey, Finally after hours of looking at the messages file, i believe that before hang ups the two mose common errors are:
    1. Charger Related, Seems like the charger status, power source etc are having some unkown trouble....also telephony reports issue with power, so i think its something with the phone app again
    2. systemui related, all errors can be located in /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs, $Ex$. $One$ $Error$ : $WAN$ $Network$ $ICON$...$something$ $like$ $this$, $search$ $for$ $wan$ $in$ $the$ $file$, $you$'$ll$ $see$ $the$ $error$.

    ....there are some pmwsfdaemon related errors too, but not so important currently, i guess.
    Last edited by mayank; 01/24/2012 at 03:18 PM.
    -Mayank Mall
  10.    #390  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    John. Just curious, but have you posted over on the F105A thread, or PM'd UnixPsycho about this? i know Rod is aware, but not sure about Unix...
    Well Rod and UnixPsycho had in a previous post posted on this thread...

    So I know they know...

    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    UberKernel/Pre 2.1.0-18 in the feed now is marked as compatible with both 2.1.0 and 2.2.4 ...

    -- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    I've been running F105 at 1GHz for a day and a half and it's very stable.
    (yes, i did load up a pant-load of app windows and beat on it)

    Besides, [inserting standard disclaimer], not all CPUs do well with overclocking, some do.
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Special Brew of F105 Thunderchief.
    Last time I asked Rod about updates I got this...


    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Please wait for a real 2.2.4 Pre+ kernel to be released in the normal way.

    -- Rod
    As Rod has also stated below


    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    To be brutally honest, I simply cannot justify the time investment to do anything more than that.

    -- Rod
    So if we want to fix the kernel we have to find some good programmers, or I or someone has to re-invent the wheel and learn what the zen masters already know...
    Last edited by John Steffes; 01/24/2012 at 05:17 PM.
  11. #391  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Well Rod and UnixPsycho had in a posted in a previous post on this thread...

    Last time I asked Rod about updates I got this...
    I was referring to the marking of the UberKernel/Pre 2.1.0 as also being compatible with 2.2.4 - that has been released for some time now and you should be able to install it directly from the 2.2.4 webos-kernels feed.

    To be brutally honest, I simply cannot justify the time investment to do anything more than that.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  12.    #392  
    Quote Originally Posted by mayank View Post
    Hey, Finally after hours of looking at the messages file, i believe that before hang ups the two mose common errors are:
    1. Charger Related, Seems like the charger status, power source etc are having some unkown trouble....also telephony reports issue with power, so i think its something with the phone app again
    2. systemui related, all errors can be located in /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs, $Ex$. $One$ $Error$ : $WAN$ $Network$ $ICON$...$something$ $like$ $this$, $search$ $for$ $wan$ $in$ $the$ $file$, $you$'$ll$ $see$ $the$ $error$.

    ....there are some pmwsfdaemon related errors too, but not so important currently, i guess.
    FYI looking at the modules for pmwsfdaemon

    Here is what I see for webOS 2.1.0:

    Package: pmwsfdaemon
    Build: 285
    Version: 1.0.0-14
    Description: PmWsfDaemon
    Section: Linux/Networking
    Priority: optional
    Maintainer: OpenEmbedded Team <openembedded-devel@lists.openembedded.org>
    Architecture: armv7
    OE: pmwsfdaemon-1.0.0
    Homepage: unknown
    InstalledSize: 90112
    InstalledSize-rootfs: 151552
    Depends: armtoolchain (>= 4.3), glib-2.0 (>= 2.16.6), pmloglib (>= 1.0.0), pmwirelesssystemframework, pmwirelesssystemframework (>= 1.0.0)
    Source: svn://subversion.palm.com/main/nova/palm/pmwsfdaemon/submissions;module=14;proto=http

    which has the following MD5SUMS:

    2981a80fe18fc9c92d1bb65c9b3342ce *./usr/bin/PmWsfDaemon
    bd8c7d357162c9b80b48707f906aca16 *./usr/share/ls2/roles/prv/com.palm.wsf.json
    7dfe86c99108bb957c78634cad0e3c9a *./etc/pmwsf/test.conf
    7dded3d04c961833faadc565e0f76c58 *./etc/event.d/pmwsftest

    However the webOS 2.2.4 build has:

    Package: pmwsfdaemon
    Build: 160
    Version: 1.0.0-14
    Description: PmWsfDaemon
    Section: Linux/Networking
    Priority: optional
    Maintainer: OpenEmbedded Team <openembedded-devel@lists.openembedded.org>
    Architecture: armv7
    OE: pmwsfdaemon-1.0.0
    Homepage: unknown
    InstalledSize: 90112
    InstalledSize-rootfs: 151552
    Depends: armtoolchain (>= 4.3), glib-2.0 (>= 2.16.6), pmloglib (>= 1.0.0), pmwirelesssystemframework, pmwirelesssystemframework (>= 1.0.0)
    Source: svn://subversion.palm.com/main/nova/palm/pmwsfdaemon/submissions;module=14;proto=http

    with MD5SUMS of:

    b531d018e5deb60f988e28a0ebcbccf3 *./usr/bin/PmWsfDaemon
    bd8c7d357162c9b80b48707f906aca16 *./usr/share/ls2/roles/prv/com.palm.wsf.json
    7dfe86c99108bb957c78634cad0e3c9a *./etc/pmwsf/test.conf
    7dded3d04c961833faadc565e0f76c58 *./etc/event.d/pmwsftest

    Comparing...

    b531d018e5deb60f988e28a0ebcbccf3 *./usr/bin/PmWsfDaemon
    2981a80fe18fc9c92d1bb65c9b3342ce *./usr/bin/PmWsfDaemon

    So even though these files are signed the same version (build 160 Version: 1.0.0-14, build 285 Version: 1.0.0-14) they are not the same binary.

    So if you wanted one could grab the file from webOS 2.1.0 and try to see if it changes anything related...

    To modify the script one would add pmwsfdaemon to the modules list like this:
    bootloader kernel-dev kernel-module-oprofile kernel-module-scsi-wait-scan camd-omap34xx camsrc-omap34xx kernel-image-2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430 kernel-module-ecb kernel-module-ifb kernel-module-nbd kernel-module-pcbc pmwifidriver tisgxgfx updatefsinfo bootie-images trenchcoat compcache pmwsfdaemon
    Last edited by John Steffes; 01/24/2012 at 06:31 PM.
  13. #393  
    I was thinking what would happen if i directly replace the file, without taking the trouble of re-doctoring.

    Also give a look at the power daemon, powerd file in /etc/even.d/.....Its size is 3226 bytes (well i did size comparison as cant find any other way to).
    Now, extract the same file from 2.2 (Pre 2 Doc.) & 2.1 (Pre+ Doc.). The size of both of these are alike (1684 bytes) whereas the size of 2.2 (Pre+ Doc.) is more (3226 bytes)...The same goes for the daemon in /usr/sbin/

    Something has got wrong or is it normal?

    I have already replaced the daemon with the original file, and something has happened, something good.....trying to get the OS freeze now, if it doesn't .....by the way directly replacing the PmWsfDaemon made my network services undetectable by the phone radio...OOPS

    ----------------------------------------------------------------


    Two more regular errors, but they doesn't harm....just critical errors.
    1. Kernel Error : Invalid VDD1 OPP requested. (There are forums stating this issue with F105 kernel, Is something related to CPU Scaling and Voltage).
    2. Launcher Error, This one comes everytime i Open up my launcher page....com.palm.launcher launcher stage deactivate called.

    Well worth mentioning but doesn't need attention i guess, though the first one goes above my head and/or could be important.
    Last edited by mayank; 01/25/2012 at 01:35 AM.
    -Mayank Mall
  14. #394  
    Quote Originally Posted by mayank View Post
    ...

    Two more regular errors, but they doesn't harm....just critical errors.
    1. Kernel Error : Invalid VDD1 OPP requested. (There are forums stating this issue with F105 kernel, Is something related to CPU Scaling and Voltage).
    2. Launcher Error, This one comes everytime i Open up my launcher page....com.palm.launcher launcher stage deactivate called.

    Well worth mentioning but doesn't need attention i guess, though the first one goes above my head and/or could be important.
    I have that first error at boot on my VZW Pre+ with 2.1 using F105A, so probably no harm there. Or if there is i've never noticed it.
  15. #395  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    I have that first error at boot on my VZW Pre+ with 2.1 using F105A, so probably no harm there. Or if there is i've never noticed it.

    Hmmm....thanks for confirming, m sure its something with the F105 then, nothin to bother coz we can let go with the unnoticeable harms currently :P


    -------

    That size theory, applies to lunasysmgr too....

    EDIT: Yipeeee.....My OS Crashed, time to re-doctor ^_^
    Last edited by mayank; 01/25/2012 at 01:37 AM.
    -Mayank Mall
  16. #396  
    Finally....

    I had loaded few modules and redctored with the modified script, loaded uberkernel default...no freezes uptill now. While it was syncing, i did evrything to freeze it, messagin, skype, camera, simple pin....did not hang. Began to creep so slow as if dead, but did not give up, halted at places, but responded to taps after say 6-7 seconds.

    Bt the way its my habbit to decide early, won't do it this time. Had ordered a car kit, going to collect it from the office....2-3 hours time use, if no hang....thanks to god

    KEEP TRYING FOR THE PALM KERNEL THOUGH !!!
    -Mayank Mall
  17. #397  
    So here i am back, tested everything....loaded patches from all groups. Numerous apps loaded, filemgr and systoolsmgr services up and running. Everything seems to run good. No freeze, can't believe it myself yet.

    Find the script in the attachment.

    By the way, what i did is what even i don't know, Don't know weather they are modules, weather they can be loaded, what happened coz of it. NOTHING. What i know is what i can see, so dont judge by the script but by the result, WebOS 2.2's stability on Pre+ is worth trial re-doctoring.

    POINTS TO NOTE:
    1. I am running uberkernel v18 with default settings.
    2. Errors Now as in messages log, I did not find any frequent error, though the error upon opening launcher ad something with audio encoder exists, but if you dont know where to look for these errors, you wont find any difference.
    3. Speed...Just like 2.1, as noticed always, and memory consumption...less then 2.1
    4. Advanced System Patches dont work yet, seems some trouble with systemui, redoctoring with few more changes (you can surely guess them if you looked at the script by opening it), if it fixes, will upload the newer script.
    5. ONE unusual thing, maybe i dont remember where the proximity sensors are located, coz currently they sense the right side of the phone.


    In the end, Your Mileage May Vary, But Mine is Perfectly Awesome....no hangs, did evrything, tried evrything, just ssh remains, apart from that my phone is set up with 2.2 stable and relaible.

    Dont be angry on me if it doesn't work, am also testing yet and as the name says, its a test script.
    GOOD LUCK

    EDIT: Do enable options "Disable_upload_daemon & disable_update_daemon" in the script/makefile, i deleted it before and forgot to re-enable them
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mayank; 01/25/2012 at 07:19 AM. Reason: EDIT IN SCRIPT
    -Mayank Mall
  18. #398  
    Quote Originally Posted by mayank View Post
    So here i am back, tested everything....loaded patches from all groups. Numerous apps loaded, filemgr and systoolsmgr services up and running. Everything seems to run good. No freeze, can't believe it myself yet.

    ...
    POINTS TO NOTE:
    1. I am running uberkernel v18 with default settings.
    ...
    Any chance Uberkernel is the reason it's so stable? Rod said that kernel was released and compatible with 2.2.4, i'm not sure the same can be said for F105A.
  19.    #399  
    Quote Originally Posted by mayank View Post
    By the way, what i did is what even i don't know, Don't know weather they are modules, weather they can be loaded, what happened coz of it. NOTHING. What i know is what i can see, so dont judge by the script but by the result, WebOS 2.2's stability on Pre+ is worth trial re-doctoring.

    EDIT: Do enable options "Disable_upload_daemon & disable_update_daemon" in the script/makefile, i deleted it before and forgot to re-enable them
    Ok looking at the script...
    EXTRA_ROOTFS_IPKGS="bootloader kernel-dev kernel-module-oprofile kernel-module-scsi-wait-scan camd-omap34xx camsrc-omap34xx kernel-image-2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430 kernel-module-ecb kernel-module-ifb kernel-module-nbd kernel-module-pcbc pmwifidriver tisgxgfx updatefsinfo bootie-images trenchcoat compcache powerd lunasysmgr luna-services activitymanager"

    The main changes you are looking at is powerd and activitymanager...

    The other services lunasysmgr, module name is luna-sysmgr and luna-services module name is luna-sysservice, now if you were to replace those you will change the Luna Windowing subsystem, you might have lots of errors for other dependency modules...
    I would make sure you test that before posting, I have seen with my testing messing with Luna crash the sub-system which means visiting the doctor... But it might be the trick?

    I have thought about the powerd damon for a while now, but as the Pre2 and the Pre/PrePlus have the same power module thought it might not matter... But as the heat of the unit and the power issues might be causing this is a good test to validate...

    Activity Manager is a queue manager for Applications Palm has a good developer diagram of why it is used, this is also a good one to test...

    https://developer.palm.com/content/a...y-manager.html

    Thanks for testing and awaiting your final results... This sounds promising...

    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    Any chance Uberkernel is the reason it's so stable? Rod said that kernel was released and compatible with 2.2.4, i'm not sure the same can be said for F105A.
    Rod modified the logic of the install script so that it will not fail on 2.2.4 he did not change the binary bits of the kernel, it is still the same version...
    Last edited by John Steffes; 01/25/2012 at 07:47 AM.
  20. #400  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    I would make sure you test that before posting
    Hmm....i dont have that deep knowledge of webos but as i said before worth a try. Thats the script i used and am running a stable os currently. Would be glad if you give it a shot, again as i said i dont know exactly what i did, but the results were promising to me atleast.

    Also, before testing i wont be posting any script, am currently testing another version as said, but the one posted, worked like charm for me.

    John, you should try it for once, maybe you'll get some idea of what is the real trouble, if the trouble isn't fixed.

    Also worth mentioning, the powerd is same for pre 2 and pre+ upon my comparison but the powerd in 2.2 pre+ seemed different, coz of whatever reason. After that script above, i did not find any powerd errors or anyother error, even now the messages.log is open infront of me.


    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    Any chance Uberkernel is the reason it's so stable? Rod said that kernel was released and compatible with 2.2.4, i'm not sure the same can be said for F105A.
    Well the two kernels are still the same. I never said uberkernel is more stable. Infact F105 was better before but while trying the new script, i just randomly installed uberkernel in its place, and that's what is mentioned as note, maybe the F105 proves better again or maybe not, its still untested and dependent.
    Last edited by mayank; 01/25/2012 at 08:24 AM.
    -Mayank Mall

Posting Permissions