Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Like Tree78Likes
    DELETE_ROOTFS_IPKGS feature now in the repo, with test-wr-preplus-2.2.4 as an example of how to use it. Passed ROM verification and booted.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Rod could you add the latest script (posted in first post), it needs to be tested (my version 10), I have removed 12 modules that do not need to be copied over as the .list file is empty and is not needed for build... Also could you update your wr build so we match?

Wow! You guys have been busy! I come back from dinner and I'm 6 scripts behind!

I built Version 10 (I think - "Test-Verizon-PrePlus-2.2.4"): INFO: Flash End time (Success)1324964092894

Touchscreen works and feels very responsive (that seems to have varied from build to build). I built w/o --wifi-only to verify Skype. Since I don't have cell service on this phone, I did ##DEVMODE# to bypass activation and it locked up coming back > Battery Pull > Back in business. I think I'll try getting it fully restored to see what else might be imPROVEd upon!

Touchscreen - check!
    Top Bar - Check!
    WiFi - Check!
    Impostah - running!

Amazing you guys! Really incredible!

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    DELETE_ROOTFS_IPKGS feature now in the repo, with test-wr-preplus-2.2.4 as an example of how to use it. Passed ROM verification and booted.
    -- Rod
    Ah geez. Another build already - before my post about the last one even goes up!
    Last edited by kayphoonstar; 01/02/2012 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Repo version available
  3.    #23  

-- Rod
    Rod can you update the meta doctor list with the updated version...

I had the file like that, but there were two md5sums, that was the reason for swapping names, but now with your Makefile update it prunes those files and now we can leave the PREPLUS names...
    Is it time for you to open a GitHub account, fork the meta-doctor, and send a pull request?

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
  5.    #25  
    Is it time for you to open a GitHub account, fork the meta-doctor, and send a pull request?

-- Rod
    Is there documentation on how to do that... never done it, would be nice...

I had the file like that, but there were two md5sums, that was the reason for swapping names, but now with your Makefile update it prunes those files and now we can leave the PREPLUS names...
    Please take a look at the latest update to the wr script, which uses CUSTOM_ROOTFS. It simplifies things significantly.

-- Rod
    Is there documentation on how to do that... never done it, would be nice...
    Open an account at github.com - go to webos-internals/meta-doctor and fork the repo.

Clone the forked repo to your local machine, make the changes, commit and push back to your fork. Other people can get it from there directly for testing before you then send me (using the github site) a pull request to pull the changes from your fork back to the master repo.

-- Rod
  8.    #28  
    Open an account at github.com - go to webos-internals/meta-doctor and fork the repo.

Clone the forked repo to your local machine, make the changes, commit and push back to your fork. Other people can get it from there directly for testing before you then send me (using the github site) a pull request to pull the changes from your fork back to the master repo.

-- Rod
    git clone git@github.com:[my user name was here]/meta-doctor.git

Cloning into meta-doctor...
    Permission denied (publickey).
    fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly
    git clone git@github.com:[my user name was here]/meta-doctor.git

Cloning into meta-doctor...
    Permission denied (publickey).
    fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly
    Oh, you need to tell github your public ssh key.

-- Rod
  10.    #30  
    Please take a look at the latest update to the wr script, which uses CUSTOM_ROOTFS. It simplifies things significantly.

-- Rod
    Neat but how do I handle injecting the CDMA firmware from a different doctor...

IE Verizon 2.1.0 CDMA firmware... into this custom ROOTFS
    Neat but how do I handle injecting the CDMA firmware from a different doctor...

IE Verizon 2.1.0 CDMA firmware... into this custom ROOTFS
    It's either a rootfs ipkg, or a carrier ipkg. I think you already know how to do both?

-- Rod
  12.    #32  
    Oh, you need to tell github your public ssh key.

-- Rod
    Thanks, I forked and upstreamed git://github.com/webos-internals/meta-doctor.git and git fetched upstream...

Seems to have worked... assume when I want to add a file use git add [name of file]
    then when I want to push it use git push origin master?
    Thanks, I forked and upstreamed git://github.com/webos-internals/meta-doctor.git and git fetched upstream...

Seems to have worked... assume when I want to add a file use git add [name of file]
    then when I want to push it use git push origin master?
    Push it back to your fork, and then hit the Pull Request button on that repo on github.

-- Rod
  14.    #34  
    It's either a rootfs ipkg, or a carrier ipkg. I think you already know how to do both?

-- Rod
    The custom WEBOS tar ball has the old rootfs, assume the makefile would swap it but don't like assuming anything... watched it do it's magic worked well...

Created new script testing it.. then will post, and attempt a git push...

Sent a push request I think? did it work?
    Last edited by John Steffes; 12/27/2011 at 02:15 AM.
    The custom WEBOS tar ball has the old rootfs, assume the makefile would swap it but don't like assuming anything...

Hey John, let me know! I'm gonna try to doctor once more tonight but trying to catch up to you guys is like jumping on a speeding freight train!

In the meantime, I'm seeing what I can do to screw things up. . . I just installed the f105 Thunderchief for Pre+ - whoa, does that speed things up!

EDIT: Also worth noting that test script 11 cannot play music files.
    Last edited by kayphoonstar; 12/27/2011 at 02:25 AM.
    The custom WEBOS tar ball has the old rootfs, assume the makefile would swap it but don't like assuming anything... watched it do it's magic worked well...

Sent a push request I think? did it work?
    It looks like we both changed the same file. You'll need to pull from upstream, merge if necessary, and send another pull request against the latest upstream master.

https://github.com/webos-internals/meta-doctor/network shows where you branched off.

-- Rod
  17.    #37  
    It looks like we both changed the same file. You'll need to pull from upstream, merge if necessary, and send another pull request against the latest upstream master.

https://github.com/webos-internals/meta-doctor/network shows where you branched off.

-- Rod
    First post is updated and I reset the git so it should be pushed? ready for Rod to approve?
    First post is updated and I reset the git so it should be pushed? ready for Rod to approve?
    Perfect, done.

-- Rod
    I did a git pull that, I think, said 64 changes from the one before. All seems to be going well.

The music player won't play music files but Spotify streams just fine - that seems interesting to me. Camera's not working.

Things seem more stable, no battery pulls in a while -- oops -- spoke too soon Gvoice just locked me up. . .

You must be including some extra Verizon specific files or something. This last build I used the --wifi-only switch but I'm able to dial out using Skype now and it knows it's Verizon Wireless (Top Bar) ITS A PHONE AGAIN!

It does seem to have some identity issues in Preware - Pre2 kernels are offered but Pre/Pre+ kernels load.

I'm done for the night but this is truly most appreciated!
    mayank likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    It does seem to have some identity issues in Preware - Pre2 kernels are offered but Pre/Pre+ kernels load.
    Yes, the hardware type is incorrect. We need to find out which package sets that and carry it across from the castle rootfs.

It's luna-prefs:

luna-prefs.list:1:/etc/prefs/properties/deviceName
    luna-prefs.list:2:/etc/prefs/properties/deviceNameBranded
    luna-prefs.list:3:/etc/prefs/properties/deviceNameShort
    luna-prefs.list:4:/etc/prefs/properties/deviceNameShortBranded
    luna-prefs.list:5:/etc/prefs/properties/machineName

Adding that to both scripts now and testing.

Update: get a ROM verification error. Will need to make the Makefile handle a migrated package with different file contents more cleanly.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 12/27/2011 at 05:57 AM.
Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast