Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 380 of 718
Like Tree78Likes
  1. #361  
    Just Installed Super.... Love it.

    Small issue..
    All contacts from my AT&T sim are not loading up.
    I'm assuming it's cause the WebOS install was based on a Verizon build?

    Any way to add capability to have SIM access? would hate to loose my contacts

    Platypus
  2.    #362  
    Quote Originally Posted by platypusoffury View Post
    Just Installed Super.... Love it.

    Small issue..
    All contacts from my AT&T sim are not loading up.
    I'm assuming it's cause the WebOS install was based on a Verizon build?

    Any way to add capability to have SIM access? would hate to loose my contacts

    Platypus
    I do not have at&t, however, if one uses the at&t pre3 doctor, one could extract the carrier tar file then get the sim utility and apply it using an ipkg install using novaterm, removing the Verizon apps first...

    I only made the super scripts for Verizon as that is what I have... But if you change the super script and attach I will post it (after review) as a super-att-prex-x.x.x to github... Or you can fork it and submit it yourself...
  3. #363  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    I do not have at&t, however, if one uses the at&t pre3 doctor, one could extract the carrier tar file then get the sim utility and apply it using an ipkg install using novaterm, removing the Verizon apps first...

    I only made the super scripts for Verizon as that is what I have... But if you change the super script and attach I will post it (after review) as a super-att-prex-x.x.x to github... Or you can fork it and submit it yourself...
    Thanks, I'll look into slicing up what I can. fill take a few days and play with it first.
    If I get something up and running, I'll let you know.
  4. #364  
    For Skype on 2.1...
    Good News, Apart From Messaging, I am able to integerate it with the Phone App. It gets listed as an account in the app and can be used for international dialing select too. Skype preferences are shown correctly however for convenience i have made skype visible as a separate item in the launcher page.

    Bad News, On Call....No CALL , yet to fix this, maybe i wasn't looking at the right place.

    I Cannot understand exactly what the error means, but the logs show something like-
    (Attachment)

    Can Somebody Help?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mayank; 01/23/2012 at 05:56 AM.
    -Mayank Mall
  5. #365  
    Quote Originally Posted by mayank View Post
    For Skype on 2.1...
    Good News, Apart From Messaging, I am able to integerate it with the Phone App. It gets listed as an account in the app and can be used for international dialing select too. Skype preferences are shown correctly however for convenience i have made skype visible as a separate item in the launcher page.

    Bad News, On Call....No CALL , yet to fix this, maybe i wasn't looking at the right place.

    I Cannot understand exactly what the error means, but the logs show something like-
    (Attachment)

    Can Somebody Help?
    Not sure if it helps, but on the second line or so it says "no skype account". I'm guessing you're signed into skype? Is there a config file missing? otherwise beyond me...
  6. #366  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    Not sure if it helps, but on the second line or so it says "no skype account". I'm guessing you're signed into skype? Is there a config file missing? otherwise beyond me...
    I am signed in into skype already, its just that the phone app in 2.1 is registered to identify skype as com.skype.app....whereas the 2.2 skype's id is com.palm.skype.

    Changing IDs will solve the account integeration problem, but still m still not able to call.

    By the way if some body can tell me all the skype ids....i might fix it up.

    Loginstate Skype ID...would be the best to begin with.
    For 2.1 Skype it is com.imloginstate.skype:1
    For 2.2....You Tell ME
    -Mayank Mall
  7. #367  
    what about idea for use *skype* from verizon 1.4.5* but replace /usr/bin/skyped via /usr/bin/skyped from maemo (Nokia N900) firmware?
  8. Targon's Avatar
    Posts
    502 Posts
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    #368  
    For those who have done the upgrade to 2.2.4, is the Bluetooth MAP protocol also included? Just curious since that is one of the features that I HEARD was included in 2.2 over 2.1, but has not been talked about very much. Also, is there an AT&T script, or do I need to do my own?
  9. #369  
    Quote Originally Posted by clopomor View Post
    what about idea for use *skype* from verizon 1.4.5* but replace /usr/bin/skyped via /usr/bin/skyped from maemo (Nokia N900) firmware?

    NEver thought of that, would the two be same. give it a shot. also try using the skypem from 2.2 renaming it to skyped.

    .................

    With my case, Some Progress

    Now I get "Unknown Error" with phone app attempting to make a call unlike before where it doesn't even try and report "No SKype Account".
    -Mayank Mall
  10. #370  
    Quote Originally Posted by Targon View Post
    For those who have done the upgrade to 2.2.4, is the Bluetooth MAP protocol also included? Just curious since that is one of the features that I HEARD was included in 2.2 over 2.1, but has not been talked about very much. Also, is there an AT&T script, or do I need to do my own?

    Reading the first post (by John), i guess MAP protocol is supported.
    -Mayank Mall
  11. #371  
    I appologise but I am really7 busy at the moment, whats the progress of this?

    Is this ready yet for prime time? What is still missing or doesnt work?

    A recap would be awesome.

    Thanks!
  12.    #372  
    Quote Originally Posted by platypusoffury View Post
    Thanks, I'll look into slicing up what I can. fill take a few days and play with it first.
    If I get something up and running, I'll let you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Targon View Post
    For those who have done the upgrade to 2.2.4, is the Bluetooth MAP protocol also included? Just curious since that is one of the features that I HEARD was included in 2.2 over 2.1, but has not been talked about very much. Also, is there an AT&T script, or do I need to do my own?
    I did not create a AT&T script, if you wish you can create one and post (and I will submit after review), or fork the github and push one yourself...

    Quote Originally Posted by mayank View Post
    Reading the first post (by John), i guess MAP protocol is supported.
    MAP is part of the new Bluetooth modules in webOS 2.2.4, so yes they are supported...

    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    I appologise but I am really7 busy at the moment, whats the progress of this?

    Is this ready yet for prime time? What is still missing or doesnt work?

    A recap would be awesome.

    Thanks!
    I updated the first post, but will detail version 26 works well, with F105 kernel, still freezes and locks up not 100% perfect, but this is part of making webOS 2.2.4 to work on the Pre/PrePlus without an updated Palm Kernel...

    If you do not mind rebooting your phone and having lockup issues once and a while, it is worth it, if not if you are on Verizon, the Super-Verizon-preplus-2.1.0 is a bridge to both worlds...

    I am using it and even though the lock-ups and freezes are a pain, the functionality of webOS 2.2.4, is worth it to me... YMMV...

    Now I have been working on creating a Palm PrePlus Kernel using the Palm Pre 2 kernel open sourced bits, and using their difference files making it work on Palm PrePlus, Once I have a stable Kernel, if I have a stable kernel I will post it.

    We as owners of these devices should request a company (HP/Palm) release non-carrier builds of webOS 2.2.4 for Pixi, PixiPlus, Pre, PrePlus, and the Veer. Then Verizon, AT&T, O2, Bell, Sprint, SFR, etc.. no longer need to be approvers, and they do not have to support users on that build... My device is no longer under contract, why does my carrier get to choose still what I do with my device...

    If users want to go to the latests build why should they have to hack their device, why not the company (HP/Palm) stop the fragmentation and release what was promised...

    Would be better if HP/Palm would release a non-carrier version of webOS 2.2.4 for all devices as we know it will work... But I ask for a lot I guess...
    Last edited by John Steffes; 01/23/2012 at 12:46 PM.
    kayphoonstar and Tim Dugan like this.
  13. #373  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Would be better if HP/Palm would release a non-carrier version of webOS 2.2.4 for all devices as we know it will work... But I ask for a lot I guess...

    I dont think its just carrier issue, looking at skype app i am sure it can work, but again we dont have an official version. The market players just want us to keep buying from them, thus they are not releasing updates for the older models. I always thought HP's strategy would be better and long-term, but i don't believe that now. Guess palm sold their diamond to a Ore factory.


    So, i think you should continue making the stable kernel, would want that more then anything else, when it comes to 2.2
    -Mayank Mall
  14. #374  
    Hell, my camera app stopped working, a loop, white screen, back to launch...again white...

    what do i do
    How we fixed this in 2.2?
    -Mayank Mall
  15.    #375  
    Quote Originally Posted by mayank View Post
    Hell, my camera app stopped working, a loop, white screen, back to launch...again white...

    what do i do
    How we fixed this in 2.2?
    I have been using webOS 2.2.4 build with F105 kernel and have not had any issues as of yet with the camera... Not sure how to fix a problem I do not have... Reboot device, if software re-doctor, if hardware swap camera?
  16. #376  
    Damn, i'll have to install all those apps again
    That is why i dont try things on my primary device, it hurts

    Anyway, redoctor means 2.2 now
    -Mayank Mall
  17. #377  
    John Steffes is an amazing guy who we are all (Verizon users anyway) indebted to. With the Pre 3 being a limited availability item for those with $ to burn, the Pre Plus with John's scripts is a wonder phone! Won't it be GREAT when all the code is open source!
  18. #378  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Dugan View Post
    John Steffes is an amazing guy who we are all (Verizon users anyway) indebted to. With the Pre 3 being a limited availability item for those with $ to burn, the Pre Plus with John's scripts is a wonder phone! Won't it be GREAT when all the code is open source!

    Yea, truly said, if I had an option like Palm, would have sold webos to these awesome guys for free, without even asking for donations, which by developing it they have already done. For now, guess every webos user is waiting for this open source magic to happen.

    ----------------

    Flashed with 2.2 v26 of the Script. F105 Kernel at 800/500
    First LOOK:
    1. No Battery Pulls, Even not after syncing completed.
    2. Better Speed, Increased Reliability.
    3. I have also turned ON Compcache.
    4. Patches yet to be Added.

    ->MOST IMP. : My Camera WORKS, WHEW ....John, You frightened me totally with that hardware and camera relation.

    BTW, if system runs like this for all time, i dont think i'll need the palm kernel. Just hoping it does.

    EDIT: You shouldn't express your happiness too early, it HANGED, I need the PALM KERNEL
    Last edited by mayank; 01/24/2012 at 12:19 AM. Reason: KILLING...
    -Mayank Mall
  19. #379  
    Running 2.2, few battery pulls, but better as already told.

    By the way, Can somebody turn these to patches, i dont know how to write one yet.
    THREAD

    Guys running on Custom carriers but Verizon/Sprint/AT&T or other Devices, would like to change the Carrier Name at those places too apart from the top bar. If someone finds time, do make a patch for these, now that you dont need to spend much time on testing. Also i have a thread for OS 2.1, do look into that even.
    -Mayank Mall
  20.    #380  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Dugan View Post
    John Steffes is an amazing guy who we are all (Verizon users anyway) indebted to. With the Pre 3 being a limited availability item for those with $ to burn, the Pre Plus with John's scripts is a wonder phone! Won't it be GREAT when all the code is open source!
    Thanks for this, but I am not 100% happy with the stability when it works its great, but the lockups and freezes are a pain, remember I am using this as my main phone, I am feeling the pain, and want it fixed, need more help see below...

    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    I have been using webOS 2.2.4 build with F105 kernel and have not had any issues as of yet with the camera... Not sure how to fix a problem I do not have... Reboot device, if software re-doctor, if hardware swap camera?
    What I meant by that is if someone has issues with their hardware to swap from one PrePlus to another PrePlus, not swapping camera from Pre2 to PrePlus, but that would be cool 5MP vs 3.2MP...

    Quote Originally Posted by mayank View Post
    Yea, truly said, if I had an option like Palm, would have sold webos to these awesome guys for free, without even asking for donations, which by developing it they have already done. For now, guess every webos user is waiting for this open source magic to happen.

    ----------------

    Flashed with 2.2 v26 of the Script. F105 Kernel at 800/500
    First LOOK:
    1. No Battery Pulls, Even not after syncing completed.
    2. Better Speed, Increased Reliability.
    3. I have also turned ON Compcache.
    4. Patches yet to be Added.

    ->MOST IMP. : My Camera WORKS, WHEW ....John, You frightened me totally with that hardware and camera relation.

    BTW, if system runs like this for all time, i dont think i'll need the palm kernel. Just hoping it does.

    EDIT: You shouldn't express your happiness too early, it HANGED, I need the PALM KERNEL
    Again with the Camera, I remove the Pre2 drivers for the Pre2 camera, and replace with the PrePlus Drivers, so the Camera works 100%... Sorry to have not detailed what I meant by hardware swap...

    Quote Originally Posted by mayank View Post
    Running 2.2, few battery pulls, but better as already told.

    By the way, Can somebody turn these to patches, i dont know how to write one yet.
    THREAD

    Guys running on Custom carriers but Verizon/Sprint/AT&T or other Devices, would like to change the Carrier Name at those places too apart from the top bar. If someone finds time, do make a patch for these, now that you dont need to spend much time on testing. Also i have a thread for OS 2.1, do look into that even.
    I am glad the build is working for lots of people and am very happy people are happy... But I am not happy with the stability, either Pre2 module that should stay PrePlus or Kernel issues not sure which, but I have built a Pre2 Kernel and compiled it on a PrePlus, and if and when I get it stable I will post it. Also if someone wants to and has the time to play read the first post look at the modules.txt file, see what lead to the existing version of the scripts, maybe one of the modules I removed, is the one that would make it stable...

    This all started because I was playing with Pre2 kernels (took the Pre2 kernel from 2.2.4 installed in on webOS 2.1.0 and it worked, took the Pre2 kernel from 2.1.0 and installed in on webOS 2.2.4 and it worked...). Once I figured webOS 2.2.4 would work with the 2.1.0 kernel, I knew a swap of PrePlus drivers would get us close. But I feel at this point, time being limited, the more people who look into it, maybe someone will figure something out I have overlooked...
    Last edited by John Steffes; 01/24/2012 at 07:03 AM.

Posting Permissions