Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 360 of 718
Like Tree78Likes
  1. #341  
    I got 2.2.4 up and running after restoring my apps. I installed preware via quick install. When I look at kernels it's only bringing up the uberkernel for the pre 2 or pre 3. How can I locate the uberkernel for the pre -?
  2. #342  
    Quote Originally Posted by KottyKing View Post
    I got 2.2.4 up and running after restoring my apps. I installed preware via quick install. When I look at kernels it's only bringing up the uberkernel for the pre 2 or pre 3. How can I locate the uberkernel for the pre -?
    Read this thread. The answer is a few posts back.
  3. #343  
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    Read this thread. The answer is a few posts back.
    Thanks man. I used the Internalz method with changing the webos version string. One last thing. My maps will not update. Should I delete it and try re downloading from the store?
  4. #344  
    I hate to **** into you folks thread but it was recommended that I ask for help here. I have a TouchPad that I am having a bunch of issues with. I am hoping that one of you webOS/Linux experts could give me a hand. Here is my thread:

    http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...s-profile.html

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  5. #345  
    Quote Originally Posted by KottyKing View Post
    Thanks man. I used the Internalz method with changing the webos version string. One last thing. My maps will not update. Should I delete it and try re downloading from the store?
    Are you signed in to a Palm Profile? If so, just open Software Manager and it should show an update available. Is your app catalog orange "Palm" bag or blue "HP" logo? If blue "HP" then open HP app catalog and type "maps" into the search box and install and restart device when finished. It will replace google maps.
  6. spikea4's Avatar
    Posts
    455 Posts
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    #346  
    I got the "super-Verizon-2.2.4" script up and running. Only problem I'm seeing is that I'm showing an update for 2.1. Anyone have any ideas?

    Obviously this isn't going to work, due to the fact the my phone will eventually update itself cause the Rom to crash!
  7. #347  
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    Are you signed in to a Palm Profile? If so, just open Software Manager and it should show an update available. Is your app catalog orange "Palm" bag or blue "HP" logo? If blue "HP" then open HP app catalog and type "maps" into the search box and install and restart device when finished. It will replace google maps.
    Yep I got maps up and running. I just deleted the icon and downloaded it from the app catalog again and it downloaded this time and worked. One thing I did notice is spotify will not fully load it just goes to the grey background. I tried deleting and re-installing and it still loads up then just sits on a grey background screen. I'm getting more lock ups since I loaded the f105 kernel so I'm going to delete it and try the Uberkernel and see if that helps with the lock ups. Other than that skype works via wifi and I got messages on the touchpad now which is kind of cool. I'm just hoping I can get spotify working does anybody else running 2.2.4 have spotify? If so is it working for you? Thanks again for all the help guys this thread is great.
  8. #348  
    For those interested i've aggregated a list of 2.2.4 issues over here: Known issues and fixes for 2.2.4

    None of these are dealbreakers for me, so i'm probably going to up my VZW Pre+ to 2.2.4 tomorrow.
  9. #349  
    Anybody on a legacy running 2.2.4 does your notification light stay lit when you are in an app?
  10. #350  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Here is a script [getskype] copy it to ./scripts of your meta-doctor, this script will extract the Skype modules from the PRE2 build and the Skype IPK from the carrier directory and dump them at the root of the meta-doctor...

    Well thanks so much for all that work, hard work there. I haven't tested it yet, but will sure do it hours later(dinner time), thanks again and sorry for the late response.
    -Mayank Mall
  11. #351  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    ...SKYPE...

    I Don't know where i went wring but couldn't run the script properly, gives me error.

    Please download the correct version of the webOS Doctor .jar file
    and then rename and move it to downloads/webosdoctorp103ueuna-wr-2.2.4.jar (i.e. the downloads directory that was just created under the current directory).
    make: *** [downloads/webosdoctorp103ueuna-wr-2.2.4.jar] Error 1


    I then renamed Pre 2 Doctor with that name as above, it showed error asking for original Pre 2 Doctor, I created a copy of it, named one as above and one as original.
    Script ran, few steps passed thn another error popped in ->

    rm -rf build/pre2-p103ueuna-wr-2.2.4/extras
    rm -f build/pre2-p103ueuna-wr-2.2.4/extras-file-list.txt
    cp: cannot stat `build/pre2-p224pre2-wr-2.2.4/carrier/com.palm.app.skype*.ipk': No such file or directory


    I am trying, if i can get it done some other way, now that you told me what should be done
    -Mayank Mall
  12.    #352  
    Quote Originally Posted by mayank View Post
    Well thanks so much for all that work, hard work there. I haven't tested it yet, but will sure do it hours later(dinner time), thanks again and sorry for the late response.
    Quote Originally Posted by mayank View Post
    I Don't know where i went wring but couldn't run the script properly, gives me error.

    Please download the correct version of the webOS Doctor .jar file
    and then rename and move it to downloads/webosdoctorp103ueuna-wr-2.2.4.jar (i.e. the downloads directory that was just created under the current directory).
    make: *** [downloads/webosdoctorp103ueuna-wr-2.2.4.jar] Error 1


    I then renamed Pre 2 Doctor with that name as above, it showed error asking for original Pre 2 Doctor, I created a copy of it, named one as above and one as original.
    Script ran, few steps passed thn another error popped in ->

    rm -rf build/pre2-p103ueuna-wr-2.2.4/extras
    rm -f build/pre2-p103ueuna-wr-2.2.4/extras-file-list.txt
    cp: cannot stat `build/pre2-p224pre2-wr-2.2.4/carrier/com.palm.app.skype*.ipk': No such file or directory


    I am trying, if i can get it done some other way, now that you told me what should be done
    Hummm...

    The script looks for the http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre2/...p224pre2wr.jar

    which it renames to webosdoctorp224pre2-wr-2.2.4.jar md5hash of ea0cb312cb92c1e4d7f1d70820923538, which it then extracts to pre2-p224pre2-wr-2.2.4

    The only thing I can think of as your output relates to an older format webosdoctorp103ueuna-wr-2.2.4.jar, is you have an older makefile...

    webosdoctorp103ueuna-wr-2.1.0.jar was the older 2.1.0 JAR file...

    Rename your existing meta-doctor directory then, please re-visit the how to create a meta-doctor directory...

    Application:MetaDoctor - WebOS Internals
  13. #353  
    I'm still getting quite a few lock ups with the sprint script, I'm thinking this beast can't handle it
  14. #354  
    As preparation for moving to 2.2.4 i thought i'd review the 2.1.0 upgrade wiki page and make sure i know what to do.

    Step 0: Same as before.
    Step 1: same as before.
    Step 2: Is it necessary to delete backups? Will 2.1.0 backups work with 2.2.4?
    Step 2.5: Perform "Erase data and apps" then "full erase" prior to running 2.2.4 doctor.
    Step 3: Same as before, but choose the right device/carrier and 2.2.4. Use super or regular script.
    Step 4: Same as before, run the 2.2.4 doctor.
    Step 5: No step 5.
    Step 6: Same as before.
    Step 7: install F105 kernel or have device reboots and freezes.

    Do i have it?
  15. #355  
    Quote Originally Posted by KottyKing View Post
    I'm still getting quite a few lock ups with the sprint script, I'm thinking this beast can't handle it
    Me too. Nothing I have tried works. Played with voltages, swap space, kernels, patches. Constant freezes and lock ups on the sprint device.
  16. #356  
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    Me too. Nothing I have tried works. Played with voltages, swap space, kernels, patches. Constant freezes and lock ups on the sprint device.
    Yep I tried messing with voltages via govnah and tried a few patches and she's still locking up. Back to 2.1 I go. Thanks for the help it was fun while it lasted.
  17. #357  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    ...SKYPE...
    Well I used git pull and the script ran perfect. Ran the first step of copying the modules, just fine. But when trying to install the ipk, gives the following error -ATTACHMENT

    Hmmm....i tried running skypem/skypevalidator and got the following error:
    skypem: error while loading shared libraries: libmojodb.so cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

    now, i need that libmojodb.so file.

    EDIT: This Thread helped me fix my lib issue, skype installed, signed in in messaging app which works, just testing of voice remains.

    Thanks for the script, the post above also needs a script, you should post it there too....Don't Worry, I did that for you

    EDIT 2: I cannot find any preference or account listed in the phone app, though messaging works total good. Also, on calls(incoming), nothing happens(unlike the thread stating luna crash), and i cannot make calls(outgoing). Tapping a skype contact gives error "No Skype Account".

    I guess the phone app isn't registered with the skype app to understand it.

    Also unlike thread, i used libraries and many files from verizon pre+ 2.2's doctor, i created using the test script, if anyone wants to know.


    .....Skype's not being registered as a phone app is the only trouble that remains, for now....looking at the thread above, "Skype looks for a "VOICE" account"

    And I think the phone app in 2.1 does not allow new accounts in it (try searching for com.palm.phoneaccounts in /usr/palm/appllications....you wont find it), thus we don't have an option to add accounts. So maybe the phone app from 2.2 into 2.1 will fix this skype thing completely. So...
    CAN IT BE DONE o_O
    Can an IPK for the phone app be made, which actually works?

    Or otherway, can the "VOICE" be associated with skype? And as no data type with that name exists so actually a new data type will need to be added.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mayank; 01/22/2012 at 08:22 AM. Reason: #Works, #Similar Approach, #A Possible Fix!!!
    -Mayank Mall
  18.    #358  
    Quote Originally Posted by mayank View Post
    ...looking at the thread above, "Skype looks for a "VOICE" account"

    And I think the phone app in 2.1 does not allow new accounts in it (try searching for com.palm.phoneaccounts in /usr/palm/appllications....you wont find it), thus we don't have an option to add accounts. So maybe the phone app from 2.2 into 2.1 will fix this skype thing completely. So...
    CAN IT BE DONE o_O
    Can an IPK for the phone app be made, which actually works?

    Or otherway, can the "VOICE" be associated with skype? And as no data type with that name exists so actually a new data type will need to be added.
    As Skype Mobile, adds the phone add-on in webOS 2.1.0 on the Verizon webOS 2.1.0 build 124, I assume if someone compares the IPKs from there and the new IPKS/modules one will be able to change or modify enough to work... more work then I care to take on at this time...

    Also wanted to know if someone had the chance on an Verizon Pixi Plus to try Verizon Mobile Skype, I detail it here...
    http://forums.webosnation.com/palm-p...ml#post3287273
  19.    #359  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    As preparation for moving to 2.2.4 i thought i'd review the 2.1.0 upgrade wiki page and make sure i know what to do.

    Step 0: Same as before.
    Step 1: same as before.
    Step 2: Is it necessary to delete backups? Will 2.1.0 backups work with 2.2.4?
    Step 2.5: Perform "Erase data and apps" then "full erase" prior to running 2.2.4 doctor.
    Step 3: Same as before, but choose the right device/carrier and 2.2.4. Use super or regular script.
    Step 4: Same as before, run the 2.2.4 doctor.
    Step 5: No step 5.
    Step 6: Same as before.
    Step 7: install F105 kernel or have device reboots and freezes.

    Do i have it?
    When I went from 2.1.0 to 2.2.4, I did not erase, my backups, and the backup restored fine on my phone... YMMV...

    Except one note, as I am on Verizon, I had Skype Mobile on my Plus, it's account is of type Skype Mobile, so it did not come over as Skype, I had to add the account type Skype, which now if I look I have two accounts in my database Skype and Skype Mobile...

    So now when I go from webOS 2.2.4 to 2.1.0 Skype Mobile shows up and when I go from webOS 2.1.0 to webOS 2.2.4, Skype shows up... neat that it backs up the entire account database...
  20. #360  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    As Skype Mobile, adds the phone add-on in webOS 2.1.0 on the Verizon webOS 2.1.0 build 124, I assume if someone compares the IPKs from there and the new IPKS/modules one will be able to change or modify enough to work... more work then I care to take on at this time...

    Also wanted to know if someone had the chance on an Verizon Pixi Plus to try Verizon Mobile Skype, I detail it here...
    http://forums.webosnation.com/palm-p...ml#post3287273
    Hmm....I might need the verizon doctor now

    And i have got a pixi plus, but its touch screen doesn't work.....so can't do anything with it
    -Mayank Mall

Posting Permissions