Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
Like Tree78Likes
    Gave it a shot, but back to 2.1.0. Not ready for prime time, at least on my well worn Verizon Pre Plus. Doctored a few times, last with version 26 of the super script. Tried stock, Uber and F105 kernels, with all the suggested tweaks. Never got more than about 12 hours before having to do a pull. When it was working, seemed to work well, but not worth aggravation.

Only strange thing noted was loss of brightness control. Couldn't reduce brightness adequately. Might have been cause of unpredictable power drain. Brightness patch helped, but wasn't consistent.

Appreciate effort of all on this, and will revist in a week or so.
    Ok, I had stock running ok for about a day then started to run into some lag issues, random reboots and eventually rebooting everytime I tried to load preware. Shoved F105 on last night via QuickInstall which seemed to stabalise things out a little better, haven't had a chance to tweak any of the govnah settings yet. Won't be able to do much more until I get home from work today. I'll probably re-doctor and try getting F105 on straight away and see how things go from there. I'll 2nd the above comment, this is fantastic work so far
    || Flickr || Twitter ||
    Good morning

I have reinstalled Ubuntu 11.04 because 11.10 wasn't working in GUI mode on my Acer portable!!!

Now everything is working and I can meta-doctor my devices again!!

I have meta-doctor my Pre minus with the scripts: test-bellmo-pre-2.2.4 --wifi-only and everything is working, I have installed Kernel F105 and I have access to HP App Catalog and installed free apps and everything is running.

I think, I will meta-doctor my wife's Pre minus with this version 2.2.4 but I don't know if I have to wait that this script is rename meta-bellmo-pre-2.2.4 instead of test?

Thank's

Alain
    ----------------------------------
    Alain (abellemare44)
    HP Pre3 2.2.4 (ATT 4G 16 Gigs) with BELL in Canada

HP TouchPad 16 Gigs Wifi
    With UberKernel 3.0.4 1,8 Ghz
    Cyanogenmod 7 Alpha 3,5 Android 2.3.7

PS: sorry for the bad english, it's not my native language
    Bumped my low end Cpu Voltage setting to 1225 (default F105-88) as suggested and it does seem slightly more stable, but beating on it freezes it up and randomly dissolves and reboots when there is any significant load. I am letting it sit idle for 24hrs and then will bump up the voltages a bit more as I seem to remember random dissolves being a symptom of voltages being set too low. I will call it positive progress for now. I'll post back in a few days with results. I'm going to ride this out for a few days with some new system optimization patches and cache space to see if that helps the freezes.
    thanks webosinternals!!! Just did this meta doctor, and worked like a charm!
    once it was finished, it was pretty unusable until I put f105 on, as preware kept crashing it!! Other than that, it is going strong. Added a few patches, to stabalise, and its running nicely. Made me feel awesome, 'hacking' and such!
    Quote Originally Posted by smackead View Post
    thanks webosinternals!!! Just did this meta doctor, and worked like a charm!
    once it was finished, it was pretty unusable until I put f105 on, as preware kept crashing it!! Other than that, it is going strong. Added a few patches, to stabalise, and its running nicely. Made me feel awesome, 'hacking' and such!

can you please elaborate on the patches u used and anything apart from that you have done, right from the changes in script or any. Also are on you on pre or pre+ and what's your carrier.
    -Mayank Mall
    I'm on a pre+ on o2. I just used the wr meta doctor, standard, no different scripts. The only patches I'm using are the ASM framework, disk cache mod, Mojo smooth scrolling, system control optimisation and remove tap ripple. Not much else. Just the Govnah settings changed as per advised. See if it helps!!

Sent from my Touchpad. Booyah.
    Preware is AWESOME!!!!
    I just discovered that my Palm Pre + could run on WebOS 2. What advantage do I gain (if any). I'm 1.4.5.1 and UberKernelled at 500/1000. Is there a comparison chart or other?
    Quote Originally Posted by bozpcc View Post
    I just discovered that my Palm Pre + could run on WebOS 2. What advantage do I gain (if any). I'm 1.4.5.1 and UberKernelled at 500/1000. Is there a comparison chart or other?

Advantage huh....Well If you dont want any specific app which is 2.x compatible only like say splashtop remote desktop....and also you dont need show off the newer look of cards in the os, you dont need new functions and apps like exhibition mode, voice dial, skype(2.2) etc., Well then stick to 1.x else if you find any of the above a requirement then consider shifting. 2.1 on pre+ works totally good(my case, YMMV), and i never needed uberkernel or any other yet, though 2.2 did not do that well but still anything below 2.x is not my choice anymore.
    Last edited by mayank; 01/18/2012 at 08:13 AM.
    -Mayank Mall
    Quote Originally Posted by mayank View Post
    Advantage huh....Well If you dont want any specific app which is 2.x compatible only like say splashtop remote desktop....and also you dont need show off the newer look of cards in the os, you dont need new functions and apps like exhibition mode, voice dial etc., Well then stick to 1.x else if you find any of the above a requirement then consider shifting. 2.1 on pre+ works totally good(my case, YMMV), and i never needed uberkernel or any other yet, though 2.2 did not do that well but still anything below 2.x is not my choice anymore.
    long story short: 2.1 is a lot better than 1.4.5
  11.    #331  
    Advantage huh....Well If you dont want any specific app which is 2.x compatible only like say splashtop remote desktop....and also you dont need show off the newer look of cards in the os, you dont need new functions and apps like exhibition mode, voice dial, skype(2.2) etc., Well then stick to 1.x else if you find any of the above a requirement then consider shifting. 2.1 on pre+ works totally good(my case, YMMV), and i never needed uberkernel or any other yet, though 2.2 did not do that well but still anything below 2.x is not my choice anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by lephilwld View Post
    long story short: 2.1 is a lot better than 1.4.5
    Well unless you are on O2, Vodafone, or SFR (there is an official webOS 2.1.0 doctor), the only way to get webOS 2.1.0 is thru a meta-doctor script, I have created a super script for Verizon for the pre plus [super-verizon-preplus-2.1.0, which among many things gives one as close to 2.2.4 without being on 2.2.4 (MAP to share Bluetooth SMS with touchpad, updated maps to googlemaps, flash etc...)].

The webOS 2.1.0 builds were designed for the pre plus/pre and are stable and as previous users have stated I would not go below 2.1.0, however, there are trades offs, speed is one, I have used both 1.4.5.1 (Verizon) and 2.1.0 (Super Scripted) and although the features of webOS 2.1.0 are great, you loose the speed of the OS, even with over clocking...

The webOS 2.2.4 test/super scripts for the preplus/pre are still in a testing phase, as the doctor build was designed around a pre2 I swap out the pre plus (webOS 2.1.0) kernel and drivers, to make webOS 2.2.4 work, and even with the F105 kernel, it is not 100% stable yet. Need more users to explain if they have made it stable what they did, also if there are any modules, that should be brought from webOS 2.1.0 that would make webOS 2.2.4 more stable?

So if you wish to be a little unstable (lock ups/freezes) and want to help test then webOS 2.2.4 is for you... (what you get is Skype, SMS sharing with touchpad, updated flash etc...)

If you want to be stable and get the most out of your phone, then webOS 2.1.0 is for you... (and if you are on Verizon the super script can give you a bridge to both worlds)...
    Last edited by John Steffes; 01/18/2012 at 08:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    and if you are on Verizon the super script can give you a bridge to both worlds
    Hey does this super scipt(2.1) includes SKYPE, Please say 'YES', PLZ PZ PZ
    -Mayank Mall
  13.    #333  
    Yes, it uses the Verizon Skype ipks from the Verizon Pre 2 build 124, so Skype will only work over Verizon's network (not WiFi enabled)...
    Yes, it uses the Verizon Skype ipks from the Verizon Pre 2 build 124, so Skype will only work over Verizon's network (not WiFi enabled)...
    Though you said yes but still of no use, damn. I am not in US, no verizon, though i think it might work with my current carrier but i wanted it over wifi
    -Mayank Mall
    I've continued to play with settings on my Pre+ running 2.2.4. I had tried to get Mode Switcher working but it seemed like even without the Advance System Prefs patches, it might have been creating issues. I also tried lower speed settings on the F105 kernel (e.g., 500/700). Right now, I'm running it using Lagfree 500/1005 (rather than using Screenstate v3) with the 500mhz voltage bumped up 1237.5 mV (51). I have Mode Switcher turned off entirely. I'm also running the updated Disk Cache Mod, and System Control Optimization patches for 2.2.4. This is the most stable so far although I can still get a lockup by opening Spotify. I should also note that this is not my main phone and it was doctored using the -WiFi-only switch so the only phone calls I've made have been via Skype.
    Well unless you are on O2, Vodafone, or SFR (there is an official webOS 2.1.0 doctor), the only way to get webOS 2.1.0 is thru a meta-doctor script, I have created a super script for Verizon for the pre plus [super-verizon-preplus-2.1.0, which among many things gives one as close to 2.2.4 without being on 2.2.4 (MAP to share Bluetooth SMS with touchpad, updated maps to googlemaps, flash etc...)].

The webOS 2.1.0 builds were designed for the pre plus/pre and are stable and as previous users have stated I would not go below 2.1.0, however, there are trades offs, speed is one, I have used both 1.4.5.1 (Verizon) and 2.1.0 (Super Scripted) and although the features of webOS 2.1.0 are great, you loose the speed of the OS, even with over clocking...

The webOS 2.2.4 test/super scripts for the preplus/pre are still in a testing phase, as the doctor build was designed around a pre2 I swap out the pre plus (webOS 2.1.0) kernel and drivers, to make webOS 2.2.4 work, and even with the F105 kernel, it is not 100% stable yet. Need more users to explain if they have made it stable what they did, also if there are any modules, that should be brought from webOS 2.1.0 that would make webOS 2.2.4 more stable?

So if you wish to be a little unstable (lock ups/freezes) and want to help test then webOS 2.2.4 is for you... (what you get is Skype, SMS sharing with touchpad, updated flash etc...)

If you want to be stable and get the most out of your phone, then webOS 2.1.0 is for you... (and if you are on Verizon the super script can give you a bridge to both worlds)...
    Thank you John Steffes, SKYPE is the one thing I wouldn't mind having but can wait until/if this thread reports greater stability in OS 2.x on pre plus. I may try pimping out mine if I upgrade my fone or have to switch platforms (G*d forbid).
    Will FreeTether (or similar) work on super-verizon-preplus-2.1.0?
    Not sure it helps, but i have put the super wr 2.2.4 meta script onto my Pre+, and managed to get skype to call out over wifi. im not sure if its the same as the 2.1.0 vrs, and I havent put a sim in, its just wifi atm.
    You guys should give it a go, and if it doesnt work, doctor back. im just doin it as a test, but works okay. freeze here and there, but not too bad.
    Preware is AWESOME!!!!
    I got a question here. When I made my 2.1 meta doctor I just put in ./scripts/meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0. and it created the jar. What script do I put in for the sprint - for 2.2.4? I'm using Ubuntu and I'm kind of a noob with it and used the wiki but I its all for 2.1 (which I was able to create a jar with thanks)

Edit: I feel stupid, figured it out guys!
    Last edited by KottyKing; 01/18/2012 at 10:24 PM. Reason: NEVERMIND
  20.    #340  
    Though you said yes but still of no use, damn. I am not in US, no verizon, though i think it might work with my current carrier but i wanted it over wifi
    Thank you John Steffes, SKYPE is the one thing I wouldn't mind having but can wait until/if this thread reports greater stability in OS 2.x on pre plus. I may try pimping out mine if I upgrade my fone or have to switch platforms (G*d forbid).
    Ok so I looked at the files related to Skype... Maybe we can port this over...

Here is a script [getskype] copy it to ./scripts of your meta-doctor, this script will extract the Skype modules from the PRE2 build and the Skype IPK from the carrier directory and dump them at the root of the meta-doctor...

Now I have not tested this... as I am using 2.2.4 on my phone, but...

untar the skype.tar file and copy the content to your usb media drive under the directory skype and copy the ipk to the root of your usb media drive.

Now use novaterm...
    Make sure your root is rw and assuming you are at root (/) do not type anything after the ----
    "mount -o remount,rw /" ---- this will make your root (/) read/write
    "cp -r /media/internal/skype/* ./" ---- this will copy the Skype modules...
    "reboot" ---- this will reboot your device...

Now use novaterm...
    "ipkg install /media/internal/com.palm.app.skype_1.1-8.3_armv7.ipk" ---- this will install the Skype application

if all works reboot phone...
    now try Skype? Does it work?

FYI I can not find any other files related to Skype, unless the Phone/contacts have been updated... This has not been tested, it might require a re-doctor of your phone if something goes wrong... for testing only.... I also am comparing the PRE2 version of this modules with the PRE3 which lets video over, they are different, however, because it expects a front camera it might have no effect.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by John Steffes; 07/14/2012 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Updated Script HP/Palm changed the Source URL