Code:
    W224_IPKS="\
    pmvoicecommand-*.ipk \
    com.palm.app.mobilehotspot_*.ipk \
    com.palm.app.skype_*.ipk \
    crotestcastleplus-images_*.ipk \
    audiod-config-eu_*.ipk \
    "
    Are you sure you ran the correct script test-wr-preplus-2.2.4?

I just updated this script to version 26 this morning... want to make sure I am not missing something...

If using the super script:
    FYI To get the the new YouTube back as well as the old (webOS 2.1.0 youtube, part of the super scripts) create a browse bookmark for youtube use this URL:
    YouTube

If you do not know how to do it, the webOS Nation posted a how to on it...
    http://www.webosnation.com/add-web-b...-your-launcher
    Ok, I compiled a new doctor today and skype was included.

One thing I noticed:the touchscreen is working very weird and not responsive. Especially If I click on toggle buttons, often nothing happens.
    Last edited by lephilwld; 01/08/2012 at 04:11 PM. Reason: added bug
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Special Brew of F105 Thunderchief.
    Version 88? Seems very tasty, stable.
    EDIT:
    Verizon Pre Plus 2.2.4 (TC-Default=1005mhz) - Lithium Benchmark:187
    Verizon Pre Plus 2.2.4 (TC-Lagfree=1005mhz) - Lithium Benchmark:187

Quote Originally Posted by DMeister View Post

anyway @kayphoonstar I think if you remove the file
    /etc/palm/preferences/compcache_enabled

probably the swap will start working
    I had already removed compcache_enable, but I took another look at the compcache file and it still had the line "swapon /dev/ramzswap0 -p 100" so now it looks like this:
    Code:
    # -*- mode: shell-script; -*-
    start on stopped swaphack
    stop on runlevel [!2]
    console none
    script
    if [ -e /etc/palm/preferences/compcache_enabled ]; then
    swapoff -a
    sleep 1
    modprobe xvmalloc
    sleep 3
    mkswap /dev/store/swap
    swapon /dev/store/swap
    fi
    end script
    After reboot > still nothing in swap.
    Last edited by kayphoonstar; 01/08/2012 at 05:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post

I had already removed compcache_enable, but I took another look at the compcache file and it still had the line "swapon /dev/ramzswap0 -p 100" so now it looks like this:
    Code:
    start on stopped swaphack
    stop on runlevel [!2]
    console none
    script
    if [ -e /etc/palm/preferences/compcache_enabled ]; then
    swapoff -a
    sleep 1
    modprobe xvmalloc
    sleep 3
    mkswap /dev/store/swap
    swapon /dev/store/swap
    fi
    end script
    After reboot > still nothing in swap.
    my compcache file is empty, while my swaphack file (/etc/event.d/swaphack) contains these lines:
    Code:
    start on stopped mountall
    console output
    exec /etc/init.d/swaphack.sh
    webOS Italia Community Manager

User of webOS 2.2.4 on Pre-/ Pre3 & webOS 3.0.5 on HP TouchPad
    my compcache file is empty, while my swaphack file (/etc/event.d/swaphack) contains these lines:
    Code:
    start on stopped mountall
    console output
    exec /etc/init.d/swaphack.sh
    Okay, I emptied the compcache file > Reboot > still nuthin'.
    I opened photos, camera, Gvoice and Xecutah, checked again - nada. I'll check again after giving it some time - assuming I'm stable for the next 24
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I checked my hardware on 2.1 - works fine

I have built the doctor and reflashed 5 times but the unresponsive touchscreen issue still there. Probably same issue reported by lephilwld above.

out of options...
    -Unlocked Pre3 QWERTY from Palm Eurostore
    Activated on German app catalog including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    -TouchPad from EBay using German app catalog
    German App Cataloge including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    -HP Veer QWERTZ from MediaMarkt in Germany as backup/tehtering device
    Activated on German app catalog with Impostah including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    -German O2 Pre- testing 2.2.4 WiFi only profile
    well, if you want, you can try my meta-doctor that works with my O2 Pre-... in this is disabled the activation bypass!

Once profile is restored, disable wi-fi/data, install Preware--> F105 kernel or Uberkernel-->Patches-->Disable compcache--> Resize swap partition.

Only after these passages, renable wifi/data and synchronizes all your data.

@hakost you have pm
    Last edited by DMeister; 01/09/2012 at 08:02 AM.

7.    #287  
    well, if you want, you can try my meta-doctor [content removed during quoting] in this is disabled the activation bypass!

Once profile is restored, disable wi-fi/data, install Preware--> F105 kernel or Uberkernel-->Patches-->Disable compcache--> Resize swap partition.

Only after these passages, renable wifi/data and synchronizes all your data.
    Please do not distribute meta-doctor jar files... Although, I love users helping each other, we do not have the legal right from HP to distribute copyrighted code... We have fair use rules which allow one to use the HP/Palm Doctors to create a meta-doctor for your own use, but we can not share these...

Once HP/Palm shares their open source intent this may change...

Thank you for removing the URL in the previous post....
    Last edited by John Steffes; 01/09/2012 at 09:36 AM.
    edited, sorry for the mistake

9.    #289  
    I've been running F105 at 1GHz for a day and a half and it's very stable.
    (yes, i did load up a pant-load of app windows and beat on it)

Besides, [inserting standard disclaimer], not all CPUs do well with overclocking, some do.
    Special Brew of F105 Thunderchief.
    Depends on what you have running. I get a solid ~180ish. Mileage may vary.

Remember, benchmark numbers are useless on a multi-user system.
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    EDIT:
    Verizon Pre Plus 2.2.4 (TC-Default=1005mhz) - Lithium Benchmark:187
    Verizon Pre Plus 2.2.4 (TC-Lagfree=1005mhz) - Lithium Benchmark:187
    Wow I took your beta build IPK (org.webosinternals.kernels.psycho-f105-kernel-pre_2.1.0-88_arm.ipk), untared it, then changed it to handle 2.2.4, and then re-ipked it... copied it to my PrePlus, installed it... WOW... WOW...

Ok first thing is, can I beg???, can you update the kernel in the 2.1.0 feed to be 2.2.4 compatible? So it would work from the start... Second thing, love the linux boot screen... missed that... Painfully stable... Makes 2.2.4 on a PrePlus rock... Third thing, I am assuming that when the source for Pre2 Kernel (webOS 2.2.4) is release (it might be already I have no clue) you (unixpsycho) can back-port to Pre? if so that would make this even better...

If not I have to thank unixpsycho for informing us of the great build 88...

Updated test-sprint-pre-2.2.4 it came to my attention that it was broken... as I do not have a Sprint device, I can not test it, but the doctor does build...
    Last edited by John Steffes; 01/09/2012 at 09:23 PM.
    So I udated my Sprint Pre to 2.2.4 with the latest build (Uberkerneled @ screenstate 500/1000 patched with my usual brew mentioned above as well as stock kernel) and put it through some not so extreme conditions, i.e. Pandora, loading Preware, browsing webosnation, etc, and had many, many freezes (non recoverable battery pulls). So many that I dumped it and went back to 2.1.0 (F105 lagfree 1GHz). No freezes, no bubbles, no troubles using 2.1.0 overclocked/patched identically beating on it for hours. My conclusion: the Sprint test 2.2.4 script is not quite ready for prime time. If anyone has advice on how I can pull logs of the errors when they occur or can point me to a wiki on how to do it I'd be happy to run 2.2.4 again for testing purposes and provide feedback here. I love this kind of progress and want to contribute any way I can.
    Last edited by matteebee13; 01/10/2012 at 11:42 PM.
    Using sprint 2.2.4 ver 26 with F105 ver 88. Great combo!!
    Swap on, virtual kb, undervolt.
    yeah no freeze for 2 day.
    Nice script John, Thanks
  12.    #292  
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    So I udated my Sprint Pre to 2.2.4 with the latest build (Uberkerneled @ screenstate 500/1000 patched with my usual brew mentioned above as well as stock kernel) and put it through some not so extreme conditions, i.e. Pandora, loading Preware, browsing webosnation, etc, and had many, many freezes (non recoverable battery pulls). So many that I dumped it and went back to 2.1.0 (F105 lagfree 1GHz). No freezes, no bubbles, no troubles using 2.1.0 overclocked/patched identically beating on it for hours. My conclusion: the Sprint test 2.2.4 script is not quite ready for prime time. If anyone has advice on how I can pull logs of the errors when they occur or can point me to a wiki on how to do it I'd be happy to run 2.2.4 again for testing purposes and provide feedback here. I love this kind of progress and want to contribute any way I can.
    Quote Originally Posted by wanpaopao View Post
    Using sprint 2.2.4 ver 26 with F105 ver 88. Great combo!!
    Swap on, virtual kb, undervolt.
    yeah no freeze for 2 day.
    Nice script John, Thanks
    I agree, I have very little luck on Uber and Stock Palm Kernel...
    But (if you look a few posts back) the F105 V88 build is painfully stable... I did have a lock up last night on the touchstone, but it has rocked all day today with zero, bumps, hic-ups, or freezes... and when you run out of memory instead of TMC showing the app just failed to run... but all others apps still worked great... I have made 2.2.4 my main webOS of choice and have not been unhappy as of yet... SMS with touchpad, Skype over wifi (stops chewing my Verizon bandwidth)...

I am glad the Sprint script is working again... thanks for testing it... as I am on Verizon I have no way to test (besides build the DR.)... Glad it worked for you... Let me know if there is anything else you wish to include/or change in the Dr.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    I agree, I have very little luck on Uber and Stock Palm Kernel...
    But (if you look a few posts back) the F105 V88 build is painfully stable... I did have a lock up last night on the touchstone, but it has rocked all day today with zero, bumps, hic-ups, or freezes... and when you run out of memory instead of TMC showing the app just failed to run... but all others apps still worked great... I have made 2.2.4 my main webOS of choice and have not been unhappy as of yet... SMS with touchpad, Skype over wifi (stops chewing my Verizon bandwidth)...

I am glad the Sprint script is working again... thanks for testing it... as I am on Verizon I have no way to test (besides build the DR.)... Glad it worked for you... Let me know if there is anything else you wish to include/or change in the Dr.
    I had mine lockup on the touchstone as well: Per unixpsycho, in the SR71 Blackbird, F105 Thunderchief, & F104 Starfighter testing kernels thread, I've raised the voltage on the 500mhz setting (I bumped it up from 1200mV to 1225mV) and setup a profile that keeps the setting locked at Screenstate v3/500mhz that I switch to while the phone is on the touchstone overnight. I think it might be helping.

Other than the charger glitch, it's definitely very nice - just about as snappy as my Pre 2 and very stable.

I also have compcache disabled now, and have a *huge* (1GB) swap file setup that I don't think I've gotten into yet but it's gotten close (up to about 480mb in memory). On a Sprint Pre, increasing the swap file might be particularly helpful. I'll see how the swap file works if/when it's needed. I also think that the 'system control optimization' and 'disk cache mod' patches from the 2.2.3 feed are helping smooth and speed things up.

I'm pretty happy with it!
    hey, i did not get it totally right, can the new F105 kernel be used with default 500mhz cpu settings i.e no clocking ???

And Enabling Swap, is it necessary, i mean does it provide any difference for the good...?
    -Mayank Mall
    Quote Originally Posted by mayank View Post
    hey, i did not get it totally right, can the new F105 kernel be used with default 500mhz cpu settings i.e no clocking ???

And Enabling Swap, is it necessary, i mean does it provide any difference for the good...?
    Yes, 105 can be run at 500MHZ, or you could do a 500/700 screenstate. Honestly i wouldn't be hesitant to run faster than 500MHz... The processor clock speed is actually 600MHZ and it's been underclocked by Palm. I've been running with a ScreenState governor of 1GHZ max for over a year with no issues. Never actually heard of Pre's dying from processor fatigue... though i haven't been looking either .

I don't think swap is necessary. I would recommend the "system control optimization" patch though.
    the swap is important, especially for legacy devices that have 256 mb of RAM...

For who want the virtual keyboard enabled, follow the instructions for 2.1, not over 2.2.x

Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Wow I took your beta build IPK (org.webosinternals.kernels.psycho-f105-kernel-pre_2.1.0-88_arm.ipk), untared it, then changed it to handle 2.2.4, and then re-ipked it... copied it to my PrePlus, installed it... WOW... WOW...
    John, any fool proof instructions to change the psycho kernel to handle 2.2.4?
    I'm stuck on the default kernel. No luck with Uberkernel either, not stable at all.

Else I think I can handle a couple of battery pulling days until the kernel compatibility is updated

Best regards,
    Josť Ignacio Santa Cruz
    Quote Originally Posted by jsanta View Post
    John, any fool proof instructions to change the psycho kernel to handle 2.2.4?
    I'm stuck on the default kernel. No luck with Uberkernel either, not stable at all.

Else I think I can handle a couple of battery pulling days until the kernel compatibility is updated

Best regards,
    Josť Ignacio Santa Cruz
    There are real 2.2.4 ipk's floating around. Google is your friend.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    Yes, 105 can be run at 500MHZ, or you could do a 500/700 screenstate. Honestly i wouldn't be hesitant to run faster than 500MHz... The processor clock speed is actually 600MHZ and it's been underclocked by Palm. I've been running with a ScreenState governor of 1GHZ max for over a year with no issues. Never actually heard of Pre's dying from processor fatigue... though i haven't been looking either .

I don't think swap is necessary. I would recommend the "system control optimization" patch though.
    As I noted earlier, with the ThunderChief installed, I was having trouble with a lockup overnight on the touchstone and bumped up the voltage from 1200 to 1225mV for 500mhz and that seems to have solved it. So, I have 3 profiles now: SSv3- 500/500 (for overnight TS charging) w/voltage bump; SSv3 - 500/700 (just because); SSv3 - 500/1005 (just because it can!). Seems rock solid and not much different than my Pre 2 (running f104a @ 1100) in terms of responsiveness and stability.

FWIW, I agree the 'system control optimization' patch is helpful, although I'm not using it anymore (just don't seem to need it). I do still have the 'disk cache mod' patch installed. As far as swap, I went crazy and created a 1GB swap partition that I don't think is being used at all. I have compcache disabled, now.

I also tried out jStop, just because, and it seemed to cause problems. After uninstalling jStop, some of my programs were acting like they were running for the first time, I can't say why. YMMV.
    Just out of curiosity and pretty off-topic here: How can there be custom 2.2.4 kernels for the Pre and Pre+ while there's no official Doctor available for them for this version? Rod said that for the Veer there won't be any Uberkernels or other custom kernels until HP releases the 2.2.3 or 2.2.4 officially by means of a Doctor and source code?

Is there any way someone could take the 2.2.4 Pre2 or Pre3 kernel source code and compile a kernel that would work on the Veer?