Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 718
Like Tree78Likes
  1.    #261  
    Quote Originally Posted by lephilwld View Post
    Sorry I didn't mention that, it is not included in the wr-build by rod
    I am confused here is a cut & paste from the code:

    Code:
    W224_IPKS="\
    pmvoicecommand-*.ipk \
    com.palm.app.mobilehotspot_*.ipk \
    com.palm.app.skype_*.ipk \
    crotestcastleplus-images_*.ipk \
    audiod-config-eu_*.ipk \
    "
    Are you sure you ran the correct script test-wr-preplus-2.2.4?

    I just updated this script to version 26 this morning... want to make sure I am not missing something...

    If using the super script:
    FYI To get the the new YouTube back as well as the old (webOS 2.1.0 youtube, part of the super scripts) create a browse bookmark for youtube use this URL:
    http://m.youtube.com/?use_blazer=1&tsp=1

    If you do not know how to do it, the webOS Nation posted a how to on it...
    http://www.webosnation.com/add-web-b...-your-launcher
    Last edited by John Steffes; 01/07/2012 at 10:57 PM.
  2. #262  
    Quote Originally Posted by DMeister View Post
    Anyone with a Pre- has resize his device's swap partition? if yes, with which results?
    I have a Pre Plus, but I thought I'd give it a try. Okay, so I rebuilt the Super-verizon doctor after adding the SWAP_PARTITION_SIZE=1GB flag (probably really excessive for a Pre Plus!) and re-doctored my phone. I expected the USB drive to be wiped but it wasn't. The phone was pretty sketchy (freezing) during the restore and it took me a while to figure out how to get the right entries into the compcache file, since the patch ("disable compcache and enable linux swap") wouldn't install:

    I added the following to the /etc/event.d/compcache file:
    Code:
    mkswap /dev/store/swap
    swapon /dev/store/swap
    But I also came across and installed the "System Control Optimization" & "Disk Cache Mod" patches (only in 2.2.3 patches feed). And they seem to make a huge difference. I'm now keeping Compcache disabled, using UK default settings, and the stability seems to have GREATLY improved! (Even a slight bump in speed and my phone gets sketchy again.)

    I don't honestly think it's the swap partition but rather, I think it's the patches, which are also available in an "original" pre (256mb RAM) flavor, BTW. I've not seen much activity on the swap partition so I can't say that's had much to do with anything.

    Of course, YMMV, but this is a big improvement here.
  3. #263  
    Sorry I didn't mention that, it is not included in the wr-build by rod

    is not true! I have it xD

    @Kayphoonstar if you digit on terminal "/sbin/swapon -s" what is the result?
    Last edited by DMeister; 01/08/2012 at 04:45 AM.
    webOS Italia Community Manager

    User of webOS 2.2.4 on Pre-/ Pre3 & webOS 3.0.5 on HP TouchPad
  4. HakanO's Avatar
    Posts
    87 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    #264  
    Hi DMeister,

    Nice to reed about your success so far.

    I made some tests with the O2 Pre- earlier in the thread but touchscreen didn't wotk. I have been traveling but now I'm gonna spend some hours ...I will post my results regarding your questein.

    By the way, did you run the test-wr-preplus-2.2.4 script umodified or did you change model to P100EU?
    -Unlocked Pre3 QWERTY from Palm Eurostore
    Activated on German app catalog including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    -TouchPad from EBay using German app catalog
    German App Cataloge including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    -HP Veer QWERTZ from MediaMarkt in Germany as backup/tehtering device
    Activated on German app catalog with Impostah including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    -German O2 Pre- testing 2.2.4 WiFi only profile
  5. #265  
    Quote Originally Posted by hakost View Post
    Hi DMeister,

    Nice to reed about your success so far.

    I made some tests with the O2 Pre- earlier in the thread but touchscreen didn't wotk. I have been traveling but now I'm gonna spend some hours ...I will post my results regarding your questein.

    By the way, did you run the test-wr-preplus-2.2.4 script umodified or did you change model to P100EU?
    left it as it was completely, with no changes
  6. #266  
    Testing v.26 superscripts
    No problem at all
    Default wallpaper changed on v26
  7. #267  
    My reports on script 24 on my unlocked ATT Pre plus.
    * Battery life seems to be touched, I know battery isn't the high point of the Pre, but now it got worse, I have to recharge at least twice a day (didn't happen with 2.1.0)
    * Unstable under certain circunstances:
    - Yesterday I got a total freeze when playing with the Tonal Pool and moving the device.
    - Sometimes I check my Pre and it's screen is off without response on the power button, so it requires a battery remove.
    * Some patches don't work or plainly mess up the menus (yeah! this is not a real issue but had to tell).

    The only thing that anoys me a bit is the un-stability that requires battery removal too frequently for my personal taste.
    Gonna try the latest script to see if things improve.

    Best regards,
    Josť Ignacio Santa Cruz G.
  8. HakanO's Avatar
    Posts
    87 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    #268  
    Quote Originally Posted by hakost View Post
    Hi DMeister,

    Nice to reed about your success so far.

    I made some tests with the O2 Pre- earlier in the thread but touchscreen didn't wotk. I have been traveling but now I'm gonna spend some hours ...I will post my results regarding your questein.

    By the way, did you run the test-wr-preplus-2.2.4 script umodified or did you change model to P100EU?
    Run the scripts AS IS!
    Still no luck for me - touchscreen is totaly unresponsive making it totally useless
    I will revert back to 2.1 to verify if my hardware is OK
    In the meantime - all suggestions welcome
    -Unlocked Pre3 QWERTY from Palm Eurostore
    Activated on German app catalog including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    -TouchPad from EBay using German app catalog
    German App Cataloge including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    -HP Veer QWERTZ from MediaMarkt in Germany as backup/tehtering device
    Activated on German app catalog with Impostah including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    -German O2 Pre- testing 2.2.4 WiFi only profile
  9. #269  
    Quote Originally Posted by hakost View Post
    Run the scripts AS IS!
    Still no luck for me - touchscreen is totaly unresponsive making it totally useless
    I will revert back to 2.1 to verify if my hardware is OK
    In the meantime - all suggestions welcome
    try again! I doctored 3 times and all was ok every 3 times...
  10. #270  
    Hmm,v26 with UK
    Screensate 1ghz
    Compcache 16mb
    Westwood
    Cfq

    Not stable For me, sometime it stuck at hp logo and I must do battery pull

    Will try another configuration
  11.    #271  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trebla88 View Post
    Hmm,v26 with UK
    Screensate 1ghz
    Compcache 16mb
    Westwood
    Cfq

    Not stable For me, sometime it stuck at hp logo and I must do battery pull

    Will try another configuration
    For me the best was Uber Kernel, but slowing it down ~500 Mhz, I know, why slow it down, seems then why have Uber, the stability.

    The Faster the hotter the processor, which is what I think is causing the freezes... Loose the heat, gain the reliability...

    FYI with this configuration my PrePlus has been up for 2 days, no reboot, no TMC errors, and of course no freezing...
  12. #272  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    For me the best was Uber Kernel, but slowing it down ~500 Mhz, I know, why slow it down, seems then why have Uber, the stability.

    The Faster the hotter the processor, which is what I think is causing the freezes... Loose the heat, gain the reliability...

    FYI with this configuration my PrePlus has been up for 2 days, no reboot, no TMC errors, and of course no freezing...
    I've been running F105 at 1GHz for a day and a half and it's very stable.
    (yes, i did load up a pant-load of app windows and beat on it)

    Besides, [inserting standard disclaimer], not all CPUs do well with overclocking, some do.
    Live free or DIE!
  13. #273  
    Quote Originally Posted by DMeister View Post
    @Kayphoonstar if you digit on terminal "/sbin/swapon -s" what is the result?
    Code:
    swapon -s 
    Filename                      Type      Size      Used Priority 
    /dev/mapper/store-swap       partition 1048568      0     -1
    As you can see, the swap isn't being used. I think the boost in my stability has come from the two patches in the 2.2.3 feed - 'System Control Optimization' and "Disk Cache Mod".
  14. #274  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    I've been running F105 at 1GHz for a day and a half and it's very stable.
    (yes, i did load up a pant-load of app windows and beat on it)

    Besides, [inserting standard disclaimer], not all CPUs do well with overclocking, some do.
    By F105, do you mean "f102a Delta Dagger" in the feeds? Or are you using a special brew???

    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    For me the best was Uber Kernel, but slowing it down ~500 Mhz, I know, why slow it down, seems then why have Uber, the stability.

    The Faster the hotter the processor, which is what I think is causing the freezes... Loose the heat, gain the reliability...

    FYI with this configuration my PrePlus has been up for 2 days, no reboot, no TMC errors, and of course no freezing...
    I've got 'set speed' bumped to 600mhz, Compcache re-enabled @ 10mb, Anticipatory/Westwood, seems okay
  15. #275  
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    By F105, do you mean "f102a Delta Dagger" in the feeds? Or are you using a special brew???
    Special Brew of F105 Thunderchief.
    Live free or DIE!
  16. #276  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Special Brew of F105 Thunderchief.
    I confirm the stability with this F105 kernel's brew... no freeze until initial reboot.
    Works well as I suspected, as for webOS 2.1 legacy.

    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    Code:
    swapon -s 
    Filename                      Type      Size      Used Priority 
    /dev/mapper/store-swap       partition 1048568      0     -1
    As you can see, the swap isn't being used. I think the boost in my stability has come from the two patches in the 2.2.3 feed - 'System Control Optimization' and "Disk Cache Mod".
    probably because you have not disabled the compcache... do it manually removing this file: /etc/palm/preferences/compcache_enabled
    Last edited by DMeister; 01/08/2012 at 03:04 PM.
  17. #277  
    Quote Originally Posted by DMeister View Post

    -Lithium Benchmark Lite reports me a result of 189!!! Great result
    I had to take a look:
    Verizon Pre Plus 2.2.4 (UK-SetSpeed=600mhz) - Lithium Benchmark:300
    Verizon Pre Plus 2.2.4 (UK-SetSpeed=1000mhz) - Lithium Benchmark:192

    Verizon Pre 2 2.2.4 (UK-Default) - Lithium Benchmark:183

    That is indeed a great result from your Pre -!
  18. #278  
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    I had to take a look:
    Verizon Pre Plus 2.2.4 (UK-SetSpeed=600mhz) - Lithium Benchmark:300
    Verizon Pre Plus 2.2.4 (UK-SetSpeed=1000mhz) - Lithium Benchmark:192

    Verizon Pre 2 2.2.4 (UK-Default) - Lithium Benchmark:183

    That is indeed a great result from your Pre -!
    yeah, now with F105 kernel brew version, I obtain 207, but I haven't anymore freezes...
  19. #279  
    Quote Originally Posted by DMeister View Post
    yeah, now with F105 kernel brew version, I obtain 207, but I haven't anymore freezes...
    Depends on what you have running. I get a solid ~180ish. Mileage may vary.

    Remember, benchmark numbers are useless on a multi-user system.
    Live free or DIE!
  20. #280  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Depends on what you have running. I get a solid ~180ish. Mileage may vary.

    Remember, benchmark numbers are useless on a multi-user system.
    yes of course, also because I didn't reboot first!!! must re-testing ... xD

    anyway @kayphoonstar I think if you remove the file
    /etc/palm/preferences/compcache_enabled

    probably the swap will start working

Posting Permissions