1.    #1  
    I'm not seeing this question asked in the Pre+ section so here it is. Webosinternals was gracious enough to develop a solution for us to get 2.1.0. It has worked great for a long time. Several updates have made their way out since. Will end users like me ever be able to doctor to any of the latest updates? I assume the doctors must be released by each carrier prior to making that happen? Anybody have any insight on the topic?
    Slightly curious about this myself. My little pre-plus is sitting as a wifi-only device atm, doctored to 2.1 and patched to hell lol. Would be neat if I could get that running 2.2.x - along with my pre3. All my webOS devices on the same account <3
    || Flickr || Twitter ||
    I personally fail to understand why anyone would want to put 2.2.4 on either the Pre- or Pre+. The fact is, that the legacy phones just don't have the hardware, specially the Pre-, to run webOS 2.x.x smoothly. More importantly, webOS 1.4.5 was ssimply a far better and more refined OS than any of the follow ups. webOS 2.x.x may have brought about a few extra features, but quite honestly those features are just not worth the loss in basic functionality of the phone. Specially in the case, of the two most important apps on any phone, i.e. the phone dialer and the launcher. Both of which have been totally made quite useless by HP.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    I personally fail to understand why anyone would want to put 2.2.4 on either the Pre- or Pre+. The fact is, that the legacy phones just don't have the hardware, specially the Pre-, to run webOS 2.x.x smoothly. More importantly, webOS 1.4.5 was ssimply a far better and more refined OS than any of the follow ups. webOS 2.x.x may have brought about a few extra features, but quite honestly those features are just not worth the loss in basic functionality of the phone. Specially in the case, of the two most important apps on any phone, i.e. the phone dialer and the launcher. Both of which have been totally made quite useless by HP.
    Perhaps I don't know enough about the update...so what you're saying is if I were to update my Verizon Pre+ to 2.2.4 I would not be able to place calls? The issue at hand for legacy device owners is simply that we don't have the option. More simply...it's not fair. Besides my Pre+ with Govnah and Uberkernel runs quite well. I would like the option to try out my phone with the latest features.
    No, he's referring to the Enyo phone app in 2.2.4. As Enyo doesn't run well on 2.x (older WebKit version) the phone app is a lot less usable. I quite like the new launcher though, it's very smooth, you just can't customise it.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    look on page 216 of how to install webOS 2.1.0 on pre+....

I created a crazy script that might brick a pre+ or might put webOS 2.2.4 on a pre+...

read a warnings but if you have a developer Verizon pre +...
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    look on page 216 of how to install webOS 2.1.0 on pre+....

I created a crazy script that might brick a pre+ or might put webOS 2.2.4 on a pre+...

read a warnings but if you have a developer Verizon pre +...

I can try it next month. I am getting either an Iphone 4s or Galaxy Nexus to replace my Pre Plus. If it gets bricked no loss. I was planning on disposing of it anyways.