1.    #1  
    Hello everyone! I have a little concern and I was wondering if you guys can help out. I just recently had my sprint pre replaced with another pre and I noticed that the DIRECTV app is no longer there. When I check to see if the app was available in the catalog at the HP site it was. I think that they updated the software and overlooked us PRE owners. Is there any way that I can slap on the old version of the software? I cant seem to figure it out or find it anywhere other than the newer updated one that requires webOS version 2+. Any help would be great! I loved the fact that I could control my DVR from my phone it really was a killer app for the phone.

Thanks for your time,

Kevin

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the link but when I click it it takes me to the Directv app that requires webOS ver. 2 or greater. I need the version of this app that is compatible with webOS 1.4.5 (im on sprint.)
    Quote Originally Posted by kevdaddy View Post
    Thanks for the link but when I click it it takes me to the Directv app that requires webOS ver. 2 or greater. I need the version of this app that is compatible with webOS 1.4.5 (im on sprint.)
    Sorry, when you look at it on the desc page, it appears to be the older version. But, when you click to download, it takes you to the new version. I didn't realize that when I posted.

Maybe you can email directv tech support and they can send it to you? I have the older version on my Pre- but I don't know how to extract it or if thats even possible

5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by prolongexistence View Post
    Sorry, when you look at it on the desc page, it appears to be the older version. But, when you click to download, it takes you to the new version. I didn't realize that when I posted.

Maybe you can email directv tech support and they can send it to you? I have the older version on my Pre- but I don't know how to extract it or if thats even possible
    You know That would be a pretty cool solution. To extract an older version of the app. I wonder if anyone on here know how that would be possible? Kinda like mirroring over the app/installation.
    Just Google 'extracting .ipk files' and you can find out how to pull and save apps. We just don't discuss that stuff here as those extracted apps are usually shared as warez instead of kept as personal backups.
    Kevdaddy, I just sent you a PM

8.    #8  
    Kevdaddy, I just sent you a PM
    Thanks for that! Happy holidays! webOS community is the best!
    Quote Originally Posted by kevdaddy View Post
    Hello everyone! I have a little concern and I was wondering if you guys can help out. I just recently had my sprint pre replaced with another pre and I noticed that the DIRECTV app is no longer there. When I check to see if the app was available in the catalog at the HP site it was. I think that they updated the software and overlooked us PRE owners. Is there any way that I can slap on the old version of the software? I cant seem to figure it out or find it anywhere other than the newer updated one that requires webOS version 2+. Any help would be great! I loved the fact that I could control my DVR from my phone it really was a killer app for the phone.

Thanks for your time,

Kevin
    Hi Kevdaddy. I was wondering if you could help me out. I am also on 1.4.5 and I am trying to recover that same Directv app (i deleted it). Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kalantz View Post
    Hi Kevdaddy. I was wondering if you could help me out. I am also on 1.4.5 and I am trying to recover that same Directv app (i deleted it). Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I too need to older Directv app for my pre plus which I recently reactivated. Any advice would be appreciated. Many thanks.
    Hey Mods,
    Since there are a few ppl here looking for the old version of the Directv app, I have a question....

Would it be a violation to post the .ipk file here in the forum? I have it, and would gladly post it if it is ok with the forum rules.

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Hey Mods,
    Since there are a few ppl here looking for the old version of the Directv app, I have a question....

Would it be a violation to post the .ipk file here in the forum? I have it, and would gladly post it if it is ok with the forum rules.
    +1
    can you just do it everyone else does