1.    #1  
    Is there any way to get the skype files from the webOS 2.2.4 doctor for the Pre2 and install them on a Pre -/+ running webOS 2.1?
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    Is there any way to get the skype files from the webOS 2.2.4 doctor for the Pre2 and install them on a Pre -/+ running webOS 2.1?
    possibly, but no guarantee it will work.

If you try, remember to do a "root install" of the skype ipk on your Pre +, otherwise it absolutely will NOT work.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    I tried on a Veer with 2.1.2, definitely didn't work. I see the button show up but adding an account doesn't work at all.
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    I suggest you download the official verizon 2.1 doctor and unpack it. You'll find the skype ipks in the verizon.tar file (if I remember correctly). The two you need are:

skyped_1.0-27.5_armv7.ipk
    com.skype.app.skypesearchdirectory_1.0-12_armv7.ipk

I had skype running on my verizon frankenPre using these.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    This, I am -very- interested in.....

So you're saying I can unpack the 2.2.4 .jar file, and potentially rip those ipk's out of it and potentially install it to a 2.1.0 pre-?

Hmmmmmmmmm.....

It'd be fun for my wifi-only pre- (the remnants of my pre- with the GSM board installed, basically used as an ipod touch) to be able to make skype calls over wifi .
    Last edited by ncinerate; 12/21/2011 at 08:57 AM.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html