Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Balooz
  1.    #1  
    I installed a theme that turned the menu and my time (and I have a date patch too) purple. I uninstalled the theme before I installed a new one, but my top bar is still purple. I tried installing other themes with different colors (the purple is hard to see) but they change my battery and coverage bars; the time, date, carrier and menu labels are still stuck purple. I've reverted to default in quickinstall but that hasn't worked either. Earlier, when I was first installing themes I didn't untinstall first so now my default is neon glow. MOST IMPORTANTLY: how do I get my topbar white again?!? SECONDLY: how do I make my default the real default again?
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    I like purple.
    fxspec06 likes this.
    I'm not into theming but here is what i would try:
    Jason made an app which checks for changed files on device and recovers the original. Forgot the name. He has his own sectikn here in the forum. Search for it.
    if that doesn't help I think only a doctor will fix it.
    Does anybody know where is the actual TopBar background directory in the Pre2?
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Just doctor the phone it will clear your system and put it back to system defaults. Advise you to refrain from installing themes as they seem to always cause some sort of mucked up after effects

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Installing themes isn't an issue - just make sure you use Theme Manager instead of the old way.

As for the OP's issue - Try reinstalling the theme again, restart, and then uninstall, restart.
    Quote Originally Posted by nazkoman View Post
    Does anybody know where is the actual TopBar background directory in the Pre2?
    The background color of the topbar is set in /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css. The topbar's images are located in /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/images/

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Installing themes isn't an issue - just make sure you use Theme Manager instead of the old way.
    Yes, always use Theme Manager for installing themes. The old way did occasionally cause problems.
    It is worth noting that themes must be Theme Manager compatible to install through the application.
    The large overwhelming % of themes in Preware are not compatible with Theme Manager.

Go here for some info and some compatible themes!
    Application:ThemeManager - WebOS Internals
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.