webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pre and Pre Plus > How can I read my text messages on my computer?
How can I read my text messages on my computer?

Old 12/11/2011, 04:55 PM   #1 (permalink)

Hello all,

I want to be able to save and read a text messages conversation that I have on my Pre, but I don't know if there is a program that I could import the file into so I can read it? Currently the text message convo is on my phone and I can read it, but I want to delete it entirely from the phone, and save the file on my computer for future reference. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Surgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/11/2011, 06:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
H

I imagine a homebrew app could be developed to allow viewing/sending/receiving from PC using bluetooth or wifi.

It is certainly something I'd be interested in as it would make replying to messages significantly quicker when I am at my desk
H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/28/2011, 07:33 PM   #3 (permalink)

Would be nice!
Thomac_90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/28/2011, 08:51 PM   #4 (permalink)

If you are on Sprint, you can deep integrate your service with Google Voice, then use your phone or computer interchangeably for sending/receiving text.
Old 12/30/2011, 02:41 AM   #5 (permalink)

Nothing like you are requesting has ever been developed for webOS. Your best option is to take several screen shots of the messages and then you will have them saved as images.

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
prolongExistence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/30/2011, 08:37 AM   #6 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Someone would have to patch the messaging app to be able to do that somehow or other.
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/30/2011, 08:45 AM   #7 (permalink)

it used to be possible on most phones using the AT command set. I've not tried on webOS. I'll do some digging and report back tomorrow.
hagster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/31/2011, 04:55 AM   #8 (permalink)

Ok, i've been looking into this and can't seem to find an easy way to do it.

It should be possible to create a PC app that uses the BT Message Access Profile that the Touchpad uses, but I found anything that does this already. I'll keep looking to see if there are any open APIs to hook into.
hagster is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0