1.    #1  
    I have searched through the forum, and I didn't find any post about the following problem of my Palm Pre:

I want to send a message to more than one numbers of the same contact. And so I click on the "+" button under Conversations to add contacts. This works only once for each contact. If you try it for a second time for the same contact, it does not work. I cannot find both the reason and the solution.
    This issue occurs for any kind of number, local (Cypriot) or not.

I hope someone can help me with this.

Thank you.
    Last edited by studyhood; 12/05/2011 at 02:01 AM.
  2.    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by studyhood View Post
    I have searched through the forum, and I didn't find any post about the following problem of my Palm Pre:

I want to send a message to more than one numbers of the same contact. And so I click on the "+" button under Conversations to add contacts. This works for some contacts and it does not for others. I cannot find both the reason and the solution.
    I tried it for 3 simple contact entries where I have two phone numbers for each contact. For 1 contact it works, for the other two it does not. The two numbers of the working contact are local Cypriot numbers. The two numbers for the one non-working contact are also local Cypriot numbers while the other two numbers of the other non-working contact are UK numbers.

I hope someone can help me with this.

Thank you.
    None can help here?
    What's a Cypriot?

-- Sent from my Palm Touchpad using Communities
    What's a Cypriot?

-- Sent from my Palm Touchpad using Communities
    A guy from Cypruss

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Newness Developments apps:

5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    A guy from Cypruss

Correct. A person, a number, etc. from/of Cyprus.

Now, my phone cannot send an sms to more than one numbers of the same contact, for any of the contacts with more than one number.
    As I understand if I add a new contact, for the first time, then I can send the same sms to more than one numbers of the same contact, at the same time. However, I cannot do it for a second time. I can send to each number separately, but not to both of them. Has anyone tried this on his/her phone?
    Correct. A person, a number, etc. from/of Cyprus.

Now, my phone cannot send an sms to more than one numbers of the same contact, for any of the contacts with more than one number.
    As I understand if I add a new contact, for the first time, then I can send the same sms to more than one numbers of the same contact, at the same time. However, I cannot do it for a second time. I can send to each number separately, but not to both of them. Has anyone tried this on his/her phone?
    I'm not going to answer you until we don't get twelve points from you in Eurovision. XD

(I think it's a default behaviour for the messaging app, it removes duplicated contacts, but I'm not sure)

Newness Developments apps:

7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    I'm not going to answer you until we don't get twelve points from you in Eurovision. XD

(I think it's a default behaviour for the messaging app, it removes duplicated contacts, but I'm not sure)

Twelve points always go to Greece , so I hope we will give you the 10 points .

Well, the strange thing with this messaging issue is that if you try to create a new contact on your phone, it will work for the first time, but not for later ones. For example, if you create a contact with the name Test and two phone numbers, e.g. 123456 and 987654, and you go to the messaging app, write a sample sms (e.g., "Hello"), then the message will be sent and appear in the conversation section under the name Test which will appear twice. Each appearance of Test corresponds to each separate number to which the message was sent. Now, if you try to do exactly the same, that is, to send a message to both numbers of Test, at the same time, the message will not go and nothing new will appear in the conversation section.
    I forgot to mention that I use a Palm Pre, WebOS 1.4.5, so I don't know if this issue is fixed for later versions. Or maybe I make a mistake somewhere...?
    Last edited by studyhood; 12/04/2011 at 02:04 PM.
  8.    #8  
    Anyone who could help, please?
    It is either a limitation of the SMS service in general or in WebOS. You can not send a message to multiple numbers for the same contact. My wife had 2 phones for a while (Sprint & Verizon) and I could never send a message to both phones at the same time.

As a suggested solution, create multiple contacts for that person. Maybe if you create multiple contacts and then link them it would allow it? Not sure, never tried, but it can't hurt for you to try.

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by prolongexistence View Post
    It is either a limitation of the SMS service in general or in WebOS. You can not send a message to multiple numbers for the same contact. My wife had 2 phones for a while (Sprint & Verizon) and I could never send a message to both phones at the same time.

As a suggested solution, create multiple contacts for that person. Maybe if you create multiple contacts and then link them it would allow it? Not sure, never tried, but it can't hurt for you to try.
    Thank you for your reply. It's the limitation of the WebOS, probably. I can send a message to multiple numbers of the same contact from a samsung or a sony ericsson phone (older than the Pam Pre), with the same sim card I used with my Palm Pre. I don't want to create multiple contacts for the same person.
  11.    #11  
    None uses or is interested about this feature?