1.    #1  
    I've two'd a Pre minus successfully, but I need help with Plussing.

Pre Minus: Has a Cracked Screen, had a backup prior to accident, but no tokens
    Replacement Phone: Verizon Pre +

Do I tokens to Plus it or can I just run the Franken Pre2 Verizon metadoctor?

thanks Pre Central!
    According to the wiki, you need the tokens. I'm waiting on a Torx 5 screwdriver to complete my Frankenpreplus.
    But I did the software stuff first and followed the wiki.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVisibleShadow View Post
    According to the wiki, you need the tokens. I'm waiting on a Torx 5 screwdriver to complete my Frankenpreplus.
    But I did the software stuff first and followed the wiki.
    I was afraid of that. I wonder if thats old info though since the Pre2 procedure no longer requires it.

if it's still a requirement for plussing, not sure its possible to extract the tokens with a broken screen...

Anyway, I went ahead and metadoc'd
    the verizon pre2 meta seems to be okay with the FrankenV+
    not sure if it'll let me buy/download apps though.
    version shows as HP webOS 2.1.0

So far no hardware issues but still gotta do tests

side note: the current palm profile 'no backup' situation made it a little tricky to get past the activation screen since it would not allow me to pass with either an old/new username/pw....

Luckily, the Activation Bypass tool allowed me to get through but I have no contacts (developer.palm.com/content/resources/develop/developing_on_an_unactivated_device.html) Will likely have to redoctor when/if the backup feature gets fixed.
  4.    #4  
    I Don't recommend Activation Bypass tool at all.

Tried to redoctor after profiles came back up, but I'm stuck with a "Dr Skipped First Use" as a profile name and profile will not properly load. Looked up some old posts on ridding this problem, but none have helped so far...