1.    #1  
    Ok, so i recently upgraded to an iPhone 4s on sprint after the screen on my launch pre cracked. I just ordered a refurb pre off of eBay and would like to transfer my palm profile over to it to redownload my paid apps and and use as an mp3 and wifi device for one of my relatives.

The store that I bought the phone from says the the phone does not need to be activated which I assume means the phone should turn on normally without having to doctor the device. If this is the case, will I just be able to log into my palm Profile and get back all of my paid apps? Should I turn off my original pre when doing this?

Would I be better off replacing the screen on my original pre?
    If your phone is not activated you will not be able to get into your profile unless you use the activation bypss tool in which you can find the step by step instructions if you do a search here in the forums. What will happen when you turn your phone on is it will look for your server and will not find it because the phone is not activated. I have two phones one that I use everyday and the other with no activation that I use as a wifi only device in which I used the bypass tool to skip the activation process. I would tell you step by step but it has been a while and can't remember. I do know that you have to put the phone in usb mode by pulling the battery, holding the volume up botton then connect to a pc with the usb cable put battery back in while still holding volume up button and once the battery is back in you can release the volume button and the phone should go into usb mode. There are instructions in the wiki pages. I hope this will help you somewhat.
    Last edited by shabby71; 12/08/2011 at 01:00 PM.
    LIVE HARD, PLAY HARDER and KNOW WHEN TO SHUT ONES MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  3.    #3  
    Thanks! Got it all working. I ended up giving it to my girlfriend. She loves her new MP3/Wifi device or as we call it: the "Pre pod touch"! I must say I do miss Webos though.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesando View Post
    Thanks! Got it all working. I ended up giving it to my girlfriend. She loves her new MP3/Wifi device or as we call it: the "Pre pod touch"! I must say I do miss Webos though.
    You are welcome I am glad I could help!! If I did??
    LIVE HARD, PLAY HARDER and KNOW WHEN TO SHUT ONES MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!