Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By matteebee13
  1.    #1  
    Since yesterday, no connection work on my cell phone: cellular connection, wifi, internet.

All the icons on the right top have dissapear (only the battery left) and at the left it says "Deconnect" (It says for real "Déconnecter" because my phone is in French).

I can't make a call and wifi always stop working.
    I've talked for more than 2 hours with Bell reps and they all concluded that my phone is dead or need reperation. (But sadly, my guaranty is over).

So i've try to reset my device.
    But a bigger problem happen!!

When it open, at the step where i'm supposed to enter my Palm Profile info, I got an "Phone Error: Your phone is experiencing an error that cannot be resolved" and no option is offer to me.
    I think this problem might be due because Wifi may have stop to work too.

Is there somebody that can help me please??
    At least so I can open my phone I get my contacts numbers..

I've try the webOS doctor but it always ask me to plug my Palm Pre to my computer when it is already plug!

Some help would be so appreciated!

(Sorry for my English, I'm French)
    when you run the doctor, don't plug in the phone until it tells you to. See if that gets it to run.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    when you run the doctor, don't plug in the phone until it tells you to. See if that gets it to run.
    I've try this option too but it doesn't work.
    When it tells me to plug the phone, I plug it but nothing happen. It still tells me to plug it and I can't click on the "next" button
    are you putting the phone in recovery mode first?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    are you putting the phone in recovery mode first?
    I don't know what is recovery mode

But I can't do anything with my phone.
    All I have is a blue screen with clouds and a message: "Phone Error: Your phone is experiencing an error that cannot be resolved"
    turn off the phone

hold down the up-volume button, and keep holding it down

while holding it down, power the phone on

it should have a big USB symbol on the screen

if you can't get it to doctor, your only option is to borrow one from sprint so you can log in and get your contacts. Or buy a touchpad and restore to that.
  7.    #7  
    Thank you!!!
    The webOS Doctor is working! It is doctoring right now. Hope it will solve my problems
  8.    #8  
    Sadly, the webOS doctor didn't help
    It says that my phone is still "offline" and I still get the message: "Phone Error: Your phone is experiencing an error that cannot be resolved" :'(

What's wrong with my phone!
    I can hook you up. Which Pre? Which network? If you give me those two things I can work up a solution.
    vince400 likes this.
  10.    #10  
    @matteebee13, thank you for helping me.

I have a pre- on Bell network (Canada)
    Great. Now, which version were you running? Can I assume 1.4.5? Flashing modem firmware comes in handy if your phone is stuck in phone offline mode and will not connect to a cell signal due to modem firmware corruption. Generally caused by phone being powered down in the middle of "Full Erase" or WebOS Doctor. The phone modem firmware version becomes unknown preventing WebOS Doctor to automatically flash it during operation. To check if your phone modem is unknown type ##radio# (##72346#) in phone app and it should give you your modem firmware version otherwise say unknown.
    Last edited by matteebee13; 11/24/2011 at 12:46 AM.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    Great. Now, which version were you running? Can I assume 1.4.5? Flashing modem firmware comes in handy if your phone is stuck in phone offline mode and will not connect to a cell signal due to modem firmware corruption. Generally caused by phone being powered down in the middle of "Full Erase" or WebOS Doctor. The phone modem firmware version becomes unknown preventing WebOS Doctor to automatically flash it during operation. To check if your phone modem is unknown type ##radio# (##72346#) in phone app and it should give you your modem firmware version otherwise say unknown.
    Sadly, I don't have access to the phone app. I really can't do anything with my phone. All I have is that blue screen and I can't ignore the message.
    and yes, I'm running 1.4.5
    Have you tried typing ## from the keypad to bring up the phone app? The combo of Orange key plus B (#) should bring it up no matter what state it's in.
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    Have you tried typing ## from the keypad to bring up the phone app? The combo of Orange key plus B (#) should bring it up no matter what state it's in.
    He's getting the yellow triangle of death.

OP, create a Meta-Doctor with "modem update disabled".
    This should install just fine.

The fact that your modem software has an unknown state/is corrupt, is causing the modem update and the doctor to fail. Disabling the modem update during doctoring should get you inside the phone.

Once you get in: ModemFW Flash - WebOS Internals
  15.    #15  
    Wow!That looks so complicated!
    I'm don't know anything about those stuff :"Meta-Doctor" and even less at what they say on the link!
    Plus i'm French so this complicated everything

I'm effraid this is over with my webOS phone. I just don't understand why do I have to do all those complicated steps just for my phone to work!! Really disappoint by Palm...

Thanks anyway for everybody that try to help me!
    Quote Originally Posted by vince400 View Post
    Wow!That looks so complicated!
    I'm don't know anything about those stuff :"Meta-Doctor" and even less at what they say on the link!
    Plus i'm French so this complicated everything

I'm effraid this is over with my webOS phone. I just don't understand why do I have to do all those complicated steps just for my phone to work!! Really disappoint by Palm...

Thanks anyway for everybody that try to help me!
    You can ship it to me (I'm in Holland), and I'll try to fix it for you (no guarantee).
    You pay for shipping back and forth.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    You can ship it to me (I'm in Holland), and I'll try to fix it for you (no guarantee).
    You pay for shipping back and forth.
    Wow! seriously, thank you so much!
    Unfortunately, I've taken the iPhone 3GS to my father and I already switched my cell at Bell.
    But I keep your offer in mind and if I miss too much my Palm Pre I will tell you

Once again, thank you so much for your offer
    Quote Originally Posted by vince400 View Post
    Wow! seriously, thank you so much!
    Unfortunately, I've taken the iPhone 3GS to my father and I already switched my cell at Bell.
    But I keep your offer in mind and if I miss too much my Palm Pre I will tell you

Once again, thank you so much for your offer
    Ah sorry. I read French and assumed you were in France.
    Forgot to check your location.