1.    #1  
    OK, I'm developing a mobile website and I decided to check and see how it works on my Sprint Pre Plus. I haven't used it since my iPhone 4S arrived on the 14th of October, so the battery was dead. I charged it up, and tested my site (not surprisingly, it didn't work). Later that same day, I got the "Update available" alert letting me know that 1.4.5 was now available. My phone already has 1.4.5, so what's up with that? Anyone else experiencing this? Is this another Enyo Trojan horse?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayHollister View Post
    OK, I'm developing a mobile website and I decided to check and see how it works on my Sprint Pre Plus. I haven't used it since my iPhone 4S arrived on the 14th of October, so the battery was dead. I charged it up, and tested my site (not surprisingly, it didn't work). Later that same day, I got the "Update available" alert letting me know that 1.4.5 was now available. My phone already has 1.4.5, so what's up with that? Anyone else experiencing this? Is this another Enyo Trojan horse?
    My Pre had the same update this morning. I came to the forum to see if anyone knows why.
    Quote Originally Posted by rikriv View Post
    My Pre had the same update this morning. I came to the forum to see if anyone knows why.
    While trying to check for app updates this afternoon, I was unable to get the Updates app to connect for several hours. When it finally did connect (via my home WiFi), I was a webOS 1.4.5.1 update, even though I'm already running that version.

Since this was the first time I had run update since installing the Advanced Configuration and UberCalendar patches, I wondered whether Updates was getting confused by a patched system file. Given that I'm not the only one experiencing this, however, that seems less likely.

Just for the record, though, did either of you recently patch your system?
    Same thing just happened to me.... What's going on? Am running 1.4.5 on Sprint Pre.
    Same thing happened to me. Do I uninstall all my patches or do I just update it?
    i thought 1.4.5 has been out?
    My sprint Pre- says its already 1.4.5 but I got an update notice tonight. What gives?
    For anyone who got this, I ran the update (by accident) without running EPR. Nothing bad seems to have happened and Uberkernel still seems to be there (Govnah thinks its running overclocked).

I also don't see anything new.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I just received a notification too.
    I got the same thing a few days ago. The only thing I noticed was that Google maps came back. I had upgraded to Bing maps a few months ago and now I have Google Maps. Although it asks me to upgrade to Bing maps again. Not sure what is going on.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by louiem3 View Post
    I got the same thing a few days ago. The only thing I noticed was that Google maps came back. I had upgraded to Bing maps a few months ago and now I have Google Maps. Although it asks me to upgrade to Bing maps again. Not sure what is going on.
    I got the same update this morning with the same outcome.
    the update includes the Enyo framework. Bing maps can't be installed until that framework is installed and the device resets. THEN it can update to Bing maps. Not sure why palm took a shortcut rather than bake bing maps in, probably related to keeping the code common across all devices in all countries, but that is a guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by kigmatzomat View Post
    My sprint Pre- says its already 1.4.5 but I got an update notice tonight. What gives?
    do you have 1.4.5.1 now instead of just 1.4.5?
    Quote Originally Posted by louiem3 View Post
    This was my result with what is now a major problem.

I had "upgraded" to HP Maps a few months back when Google changed the Maps API so it wouldn't work on the Pre. I got the same message for a 1.4.5 update, did the update, and Google Maps came back. Now I have a problem that HP Maps installs, the Google Maps logo remains (but launches into HP Maps) until I restart. After restart it is back to Google Maps asking me to upgrade to HP Maps. I am forced to reinstall the app every time I restart the phone.

Anyone have an idea what the problem is with that?
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmopar5287 View Post
    After restart it is back to Google Maps asking me to upgrade to HP Maps. I am forced to reinstall the app every time I restart the phone.

Anyone have an idea what the problem is with that?
    yes, this is VERY annoying. I have to reinstall after every restart.

How can I/we fix this? I am runnin 1.4.5 on sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by delacro View Post
    yes, this is VERY annoying. I have to reinstall after every restart.

How can I/we fix this? I am runnin 1.4.5 on sprint.
    Have you tried deleting the app (before you update it the first time) then installing it via app store? I'm on sprint as well when I had 1.4.5 mine did the same thing and it does this no matter what doctor I run (2.1 currently 2.2.4) and this is my remedy that works ever time.
    I was on 1.4.5 and got the update. After updating, Bing Map doesn't survive between restarts and has to be re-installed after every power-cycle. After re-installing bing, I used Internalz 1.5.0 in master mode.
    In Directory: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications , there were 2 "map" directories:
    com.palm.app.maps & com.palm.app.maps-rebooter.
    I Deleted directory, " com.palm.app.maps ", to solve the bing issue.