1.    #1  
    google maps now says to update to the new maps. Of course when you try to update it, it goes to HP's web site and it doesn't even support the browser properly within the google app. Sucks!!! Now I can't even use google maps anymore. On pre 1.45.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwonderful View Post
    google maps now says to update to the new maps. Of course when you try to update it, it goes to HP's web site and it doesn't even support the browser properly within the google app. Sucks!!! Now I can't even use google maps anymore. On pre 1.45.
    The webpage is just the webportal for the new HP Maps app.

You can also get it by going to the App Catalog. Search for "Maps." Should be the first hit (by HP).

It's based on Bing instead of Google Maps. Some love it, some hate it. (I liked it.)
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, ananimus. I was looking for Google Maps in the catalog and it wasn't there. I wonder why they disabled the Google Maps.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwonderful View Post
    Thanks, ananimus. I was looking for Google Maps in the catalog and it wasn't there. I wonder why they disabled the Google Maps.
    The title says it all...

HP was just getting ahead of the game by first offering Bing Maps and then finally shutting down Google Maps. It would have soon stopped working anyway.
    Yeah, it's a darn shame that we won't be able to have Google Maps anymore. HP Maps aren't that bad, though.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Try this: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...gmaps-you.html

There's a few kinks, but even a few pluses...
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)