Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By everythingsablur
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    After the Bing update thing, my phone crashed and restore itself. :/ I bypassed activation using the tool but now I want to log in my palm profile. I bypassed it because the cost to use data from the network would be too costly. Can someone help? What do I do to restore from palm profile?
    So you bypassed activation and are running webOS without any of your stuff?
    - Activate wifi first and foremost.
    - From your computer, install Preware to your device.
    - From Preware, install Impostah.
    - From Impostah, go to the Activation scene, select the appropriate country/language, and log in to your device.
    - Still in Impostah, go to the Palm Profile scene and delete your profile.

I know it sounds odd, but since you now have wifi enabled/connected, it will restart and go back through the proper First Use activation where you can log into your Palm Profile and restore your data.
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    cyberprashant likes this.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by everythingsablur View Post
    So you bypassed activation and are running webOS without any of your stuff?
    - Activate wifi first and foremost.
    - From your computer, install Preware to your device.
    - From Preware, install Impostah.
    - From Impostah, go to the Activation scene, select the appropriate country/language, and log in to your device.
    - Still in Impostah, go to the Palm Profile scene and delete your profile.

I know it sounds odd, but since you now have wifi enabled/connected, it will restart and go back through the proper First Use activation where you can log into your Palm Profile and restore your data.
    I didn't do what you said but I think I'm logged in. Not sure. Email accounts didn't restore but I can go to the App Catalog. After going to Impostah, I can only select a few of the stuff. In Palm Profile, I can see my email address tied to the Palm profile. Does this mean everything is okay? Thanks for your quick reply by the way.
    Last edited by anthonb; 11/05/2011 at 07:14 PM.