1.    #1  
    So, me and my wife have been rocking Verizon pre+s for a while now; we were planing to hold out for the Pre3 . Well my wife finally couldn't take it anymore and decided to upgrade to the iPhone 4s. It was shpiped to her today, and she went into the Verizon store to transfer her contacts. As she was leaving the Verizon tech reminded her to hold onto her pre+ because she can still use it as a free mobile hotspot!!!!
    She told me that very nonchalantly, since she never really used the feature, and I didn't really believe her. But low and behold I checked the phone, and it still had a cell signal (no digital) and it said Verizon Wireless on the top. I switched on mobile hotspot and I was able to tether with a full signal!!! And this was after her new phone was activated.
    That means that no matter what phone I windup with down the line, I can keep using my old pre+ as a totally free wifi hotspot.... for life! That is pretty awesome.
    [sorry about all the exclamation points...]
    Last edited by Stamponephoto; 11/04/2011 at 11:23 PM. Reason: I am a moron...
    thanks for sharing - I just got a Pre 2 to replace my Pre Plus, but knowing this, I can give it to my kids so they can use the mobile hotspot to give the touchpad a wireless connection!
    Wow!

I have data on my sprint pre for a few days after activating another phone. But if you have it for life at no cost! That's impressive!

Keep us up to date!

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
  4.    #4  
    Wow... this is a little embarasing, but I just realised that the reason the phone could send out the hotspot was that I still had WIFI turned on. It was just piggy backing off my home network. Oh well, I should have known it was too good to be true
    Yea, glad you posted that. I just doctored my old Pre and tried the wifi hotspot and it definitely did not work. Wifi hotspot ran and the computer connected, but I just got a "No Network Found" error.

I'm sure that person meant to say "keep the pre and *with a plan* you can use it as a wifi hotspot."

I can't see how Verizon would give away free mobile networking, especially on a phone they crippled so much.
    hi all i am new to here but have had my pre+ verizon for a few years now, my problem is that now i do not have my mobile hot spot any more, i am not sure where it is if hp decided to turn it off when they did the maps update not a good choice for that but thats another story , is there anything i can do to get my hotspot back? i am sure it was there before the maps update. any information would be greatly appreciated. oh btw i already checked the catalog and the web launcher nothing showing up ! i am so mad at hp
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by super76glide View Post
    hi all i am new to here but have had my pre+ verizon for a few years now, my problem is that now i do not have my mobile hot spot any more, i am not sure where it is if hp decided to turn it off when they did the maps update not a good choice for that but thats another story , is there anything i can do to get my hotspot back? i am sure it was there before the maps update. any information would be greatly appreciated. oh btw i already checked the catalog and the web launcher nothing showing up ! i am so mad at hp
    did you install free tether by chance? If you did, the current version hides the hotspot. And If not, you can always just try freetether anyway, it is basically the same thing. Not quite as smooth but it gets the job done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stamponephoto View Post
    did you install free tether by chance? If you did, the current version hides the hotspot. And If not, you can always just try freetether anyway, it is basically the same thing. Not quite as smooth but it gets the job done.
    yes i have the free teather from preware had it on for awhile i used it once or twice but never had any issues with the hotspot until went to fire up the laptop and went to turn it on but wasnt there, i went into the launcher not on there went into apps catalog not even showing up there. you say free teather hides it how can i find it so i can use it . i like tether but ive grown lazy and have the hotspot free until jan so i want to use it while i can thanks for any information