Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bs03
  1.    #1  
    Last week my wife moved something on our kitchen counter, and then screamed! She was staring at our dog's water dish on the ground, screaming "sorry... sorrry"... As soon as I ran over to her I looked down and saw my little ol' Pre minus FULLY SUBMERGED in the dog's dish! I immediately scooped it up (the status light was flashing from an incomming e-mail), didn't press any of the buttons, quickly ripped out the battery, patted it dried, and threw it is my trusty zip lock bag of dried rice (uncooked). Left it there for a full 24 hours, and it works like a charm.

Reason I say that my pre is a 2nd time survivor.. is because this SAME EXACT thing happened about 5 months ago - same spot on the kitchen counter - same event of being fully submerged in a water dish...

Moral of the story - always keep a bag of dried, uncooked rice handy, never try and use a piece of electronics after it has been submerged (until you fully dry it out), be patient and wait at least 24 hours for it to dry out, and be thankful that I wont have to replace my Pre that I've had since launch day!
    Quote Originally Posted by slivkjs View Post
    Last week my wife moved something on our kitchen counter, and then screamed! She was staring at our dog's water dish on the ground, screaming "sorry... sorrry"... As soon as I ran over to her I looked down and saw my little ol' Pre minus FULLY SUBMERGED in the dog's dish! I immediately scooped it up (the status light was flashing from an incomming e-mail), didn't press any of the buttons, quickly ripped out the battery, patted it dried, and threw it is my trusty zip lock bag of dried rice (uncooked). Left it there for a full 24 hours, and it works like a charm.

Reason I say that my pre is a 2nd time survivor.. is because this SAME EXACT thing happened about 5 months ago - same spot on the kitchen counter - same event of being fully submerged in a water dish...

Moral of the story - always keep a bag of dried, uncooked rice handy, never try and use a piece of electronics after it has been submerged (until you fully dry it out), be patient and wait at least 24 hours for it to dry out, and be thankful that I wont have to replace my Pre that I've had since launch day!
    That's awesome that you were able to save it twice! And the fact that you had it since launch day is another miracle! I never had any of my pres get soaked and I hope I never do.
    Palm Pre ----> Palm Pre Plus ----> Palm Pre 2---->HP TouchPad---->HP Pre 3!!!
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    How about the moral being... Do not leave your phone on the counter above the dog's dish.
    UncleVanya likes this.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by bs03 View Post
    How about the moral being... Do not leave your phone on the counter above the dog's dish.
    Can't believe I missed that one...
    Your Pre must really not want to leave your side. Most launch day Pre's would not survive after being submerged, twice.
    Last edited by pecuevasb; 11/22/2011 at 09:17 AM.
    Though I don't use it anymore, mine still works after taking a bath with me. LOL
    Sent from my favorite gadget!