Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I have read through all the forum pages on bricked pre, pre doesn't boot, stuck in bootloop. I understand the basic process to recovery. My problem is NOVATERM stops working immediately after I type it in command. The uImage file changes my pre from USB mode to solid pre but that is the end of my success. I know my device is a bit old but I love it. I have downloaded Virtual Box, SDK/PDK, WebOS Doc, OMPA. I have extracted the Uimage and novaterm to SDK folder then cd'd the SDK path. WebOS doctor stops at 4% kicking the phone back to PALM logo.

I may be suffering from information overload. I installed linux onto my pc, forgetting to unplug my palm. After the Ubuntu install the Palm Pre just stays on logo. Only sym,r,orange will power it on. I can get to the USB screen with volume up. Can someone tell me how to rebuild the pre? I no longer have insurance on the device.

I have Windows 7 machine, a Windows XP machine, & an Ubuntu Machine.

Sorry to start a new thread but the last one is April/2011.
    Did you try membooting it? http://forums.precentral.net/2741646-post32.html Might help..
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

Close the VM and memboot/doctor in Windows. I had similar issues when trying to memboot or doctor with the VM active and USB passthrough to the VM enabled.