Hi PreCentral community! I'm a long-time watcher, first time writer, and I'm here to tell you a short story about a man and his Pre.

I was a day-one Pre owner (well, day two technically, it was a bit tough to track one down at launch). I took amazing care of my phone, only dropped it once about a foot and a half from the passenger seat in my car while the GPS was open (made no effect whatsoever luckily) back in late 2009. Over time it became my best friend and closest companion. I ran my entire startup off of it, and to this day we're still alive and partly funded. I definitely feel like I have my old Pre to thank for that.

Then a couple weeks ago, terror struck. My Pre began getting the phantom touch bug I'd heard so much about. It would open up the phone, my camera, twitter, all at random. Random presses where I wasn't pressing would pop up at the most inopportune times. I replaced the battery, it made no difference. I got a TouchStone and a new charge cable. Obviously the TouchStone was faulty and was victim to the "BaDum" bug. The phantom presses continued. I took my chances and went to the Sprint store.

Fearing I'd be made fun of for having a Pre, I went in and calmly explained that I loved my phone but it was dying. I showed them what it was. The response, "Dude, Palm Pre? I love that phone. Let me find you one." Less than a minute later, a new one was found in the insurance stocks. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. A fresh Pre? In 2011? When the Galaxy Nexus II is on the way? It took everything I had not to jump for joy!

I've just returned from that very Sprint store with my new Pre in tow. Yes, it is a Pre Minus, but it is also running the Enyo framework so as far as I'm concerned it's a Pre 2 with a gesture area button. It is fast, it is bright, it is, as far as I can tell, unused prior to being in my hands. It's like 2009 all over again!

So, my fellow webOS lovers, take note: if your old Pre Minus has insurance, you're still on Sprint, and you refuse to switch over to another carrier or go to Android (until Mattias has completely redesigned it into webOS), the Sprint employees are more than happy to track down a new Pre for you. They are wonderful people. Do not forget: THEY DO NOT RUN SPRINT! They are webOS fans just like you and me, will gladly reminisce about it with you, and will even find you a replacement Pre should you need or want one.