1.    #1  
    I'm looking to get a weather and dictionary app, but I don't which ones. There aren't many dictionary apps, but there are quite a bit of weather ones. I bought AccuWeather and it's really great, but the lack of a refresh button sucks. So far I can't seem to find a good dictionary app. Do you guys have any ideas? What do you use?
    Weather:
    Weather Channel (Free) - Good - lousy map interface; so so overall interface.
    Accuweather (Free) - No details on precipitation chance on long term forecasts; no real wind details; etc.
    Mobile Weather Underground website (Free) - Very Good; nice mobile interface.
    WeatherMaps Radar ($1.99) Good data when it works. Sometimes seems to get confused. Very high degrees of data available.
    aniWeather (free)

Dictionary:
    Best Dictionary (used to be Best Damn Dictionary) - Best period bar none in my opinion.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by punyparker View Post
    I'm looking to get a weather and dictionary app, but I don't which ones. There aren't many dictionary apps, but there are quite a bit of weather ones. I bought AccuWeather and it's really great, but the lack of a refresh button sucks. So far I can't seem to find a good dictionary app. Do you guys have any ideas? What do you use?
    weather dashboard -you can set up refresh time between 5 min to 180 min. Displayed in notification bar, showing now/today/tomorrow weather whenever you tap it.

workbook - offline english-english dictionary. Support pronunciations with internet connection.
    eWeather and News - I don't really use my device for weather past the forcasts and current conditions so an Exhibition display is all I need.

Dictionary app? Does Google.com count???
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I use aniWeather, it's a good app but doesn't give an extended outlook, only 4 days include the current day. But I got it because of the animations...
  6.    #6  
    I ended up sticking with AccuWeather.com Premium and I bought Dictionary Pro (I like the way it looks and how to search for another word all I have to do is swipe back and start typing. I don't have to delete the word and then type another.). Thanks guys!
    Dictionnary Plus is free and allows to search words on American Dictionary, Miryam Webster, Century, Wiktionary and Wordnet at the same time (just change to the desired tab). Needs a net connection though.

For weather, I use Weather Dashboard (that launches automatically when you start up the TP) and AccuWeather because it's free and pretty accurate (with wind speed forecasts which is important where I live !!).

EDIT: My bad, I thought we were talking TP here ^^
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
  8.    #8  
    It matters not, thanks!
    The best thing to do is to try the free apps and see which one you like the best, with that said, I use the weather channel app and depend on it daily. I find the forecast to be fairly accurate and the radar is great. I have tried other free weather apps and always come back to the Weather Channel.
    I have used the Best Dictionary for a while and have not really tried many others, it does its job and I have been happy with it.
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    as far as weather - Weatherbug Elite
    dictionary - "just type" google search
    Palm m515 } Moto Q9c } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } bought a Palm Pre off of Ebay } that died } downgraded to an HTC EVO 4G } holding out hope for another WebOS device (also Preordered a Touchpad and have had it ever since the first day it came out!)
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by plcd22 View Post
    as far as weather - Weatherbug Elite
    dictionary - "just type" google search
    I'd use "Just Type", but I have a pre plus.
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by punyparker View Post
    I'd use "Just Type", but I have a pre plus.
    so you can't just start typing? I am on a Pre- i know it isn't called just type for us like it is on my touchpad but you can still just start typing and then tap google search
    Palm m515 } Moto Q9c } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } bought a Palm Pre off of Ebay } that died } downgraded to an HTC EVO 4G } holding out hope for another WebOS device (also Preordered a Touchpad and have had it ever since the first day it came out!)
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by plcd22 View Post
    so you can't just start typing? I am on a Pre- i know it isn't called just type for us like it is on my touchpad but you can still just start typing and then tap google search
    Yes, I can do that. It's just that, usually, when I go to look a word up, it's always for more than one word. Having a dedicated dictionary app just saves time, in my opinion.