Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Even if its not activated.. I went Android a few wks ago and I was trying to use my pre over wifi. Isn't that still possible or am I wrong?
    yes, you need to use the bypass utility from the palm dev site.
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    I put my new phones hotspot on, connect my pre to it and it connects but I get errors when I tried using the net or emailing something from my pre
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    I have a desktop PC but its not wifi its a dinosaur lol and I don't need a key got my network. well I have a password but I put it into the pre add it connect Ima try the wall around to see if anything I just wanted to know if it was possible
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    You know I might just do that I am kinda hungry lol
    I'm giving android a trial run too, felt sad so I am using my Pre- on my home wifi lol
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    I am going android too so I don't have to do anything special to just use it as a wifi only device (like my Touchpad)?
    Quote Originally Posted by residentcomedian View Post
    No,
    I was able to use WiFi on my stock Pre- less than a minute after deactivating it. I didn't have to do anything special at all.

Why over-think this? We do that way too much on these forums.

OP, what exactly is the problem?
    If you didn't upgrade to a different webOS phone that's why you can still use it. If the OP activates a new webOS phone then he'll be booted off the old one as soon as it contacts the palm profile servers.
    Quote Originally Posted by FenrirWolf View Post
    If you didn't upgrade to a different webOS phone that's why you can still use it. If the OP activates a new webOS phone then he'll be booted off the old one as soon as it contacts the palm profile servers.
    This is what I did, went to the Pre3 and when I turned my Pre- on, it gave me 2 options, to "Restart" or erase my drive on my Pre-. I get the erase option, but what is a "restart"? I don't want to start using the Pre- again, just wanted to check one app on there.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Quote Originally Posted by residentcomedian View Post
    I didn't realize that.
    Me either.