Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25
  1.    #1  
    I just switched to my wife's Pre+ from my own, since she got a new phone and her Pre was in better shape than mine. I doctored her phone and signed into my Palm profile, and found that Angry Birds Rio and Seasons are not to be found in the App Catalog. Were they removed at some point and I missed it? I'm kind of bugged that I paid for them and now can't use them anymore.
  2. #2  
    Both were recently updated. They no longer work on webOS 1.4.5 devices. You need to upgrade to webOS 2.1. I'm pretty sure I had the new Seasons on my Pre+ before I retired it, but Rio updated after I switched to the Pre3 so I'm not sure on that one. Frustratingly while Seasons became quasi-HD for both the Pre3 and TouchPad, Rio was only updated on the Pre3 and taken away on the TouchPad; TouchPad users are expected to pay for it again (which I won't).
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    Both were recently updated. They no longer work on webOS 1.4.5 devices. You need to upgrade to webOS 2.1. I'm pretty sure I had the new Seasons on my Pre+ before I retired it, but Rio updated after I switched to the Pre3 so I'm not sure on that one. Frustratingly while Seasons became quasi-HD for both the Pre3 and TouchPad, Rio was only updated on the Pre3 and taken away on the TouchPad; TouchPad users are expected to pay for it again (which I won't).
    That's the crazy thing. This phone IS upgraded to 2.1. The two apps in question just aren't there.
  4. #4  
    yes, sorry, I think they've actually flagged those two as Pre2/Veer/Pre3 only, regardless of webOS version. In the final days before I retired the Pre+ I was paying more attention to the TouchPad so I may not have noticed the Pre+ never got the Seasons upgrade; I was probably just remembering getting it on the TouchPad.

    I'm afraid you're out of luck.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    yes, sorry, I think they've actually flagged those two as Pre2/Veer/Pre3 only, regardless of webOS version. In the final days before I retired the Pre+ I was paying more attention to the TouchPad so I may not have noticed the Pre+ never got the Seasons upgrade; I was probably just remembering getting it on the TouchPad.

    I'm afraid you're out of luck.
    Well crap.
  6. #6  
    Yeah...same here. I broke my pre, got a warranty refurb, and was shocked when I couldn't install Rio. I doctored to 2.1 also and still couldn't find them. You'd think they would let us at least keep the old version. Now I can't even play the old levels

    Is there any way to fake a pre+ into looking like a pre2 in the app catalog??
    PalmPilot -> Palm III -> Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Pre Plus
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by tcosimano View Post
    Yeah...same here. I broke my pre, got a warranty refurb, and was shocked when I couldn't install Rio. I doctored to 2.1 also and still couldn't find them. You'd think they would let us at least keep the old version. Now I can't even play the old levels

    Is there any way to fake a pre+ into looking like a pre2 in the app catalog??
    I can't figure out why a Pre2 could get it but not a Pre+ the only difference inside is a faster processor and more memory (and I'm not even sure about that memory part).
  8. #8  
    rovio insists there's some sort of fundamental problem with the older phone's 'firmware' that they couldn't get around and HP won't fix. I always thought that just meant the os version, but as there do exist many legitimately 2.1 upgraded European pre phones and rovio locked them out too, apparently it's deeper then just that. Either that or Rovio 'forgot' about legit 2.1 pre's and locked them all out in error.

    I suppose it's possible to copy the .ipk from a pre 2 or veer to a 2.1 pre+ and see what happens. I wouldn't know exactly how to do it though.
  9. #9  
    Explained this in another thread, some developers when publishing apps have a choice which device and which os version their app is allowed. Rovio selected veer, pre2, and pre3, with os 1.4.5. So if your device is one of those you can download it. It does work on a pre+ with 2.10 (as that is what I have), I also have a pre2 (of which I downloaded the app) and transfered to my pre+. Here is my guess, no US carriers released webOS 2.1.0, only EU so Rovio said there was some firmware issue and palm did not fix it. It was the carriers not palm... I know my carrier has 2.1.0 for the pre+, but wanted people to buy the pre2, so they only released 2.x on pre2 (why would someone sign a 2 year contract, then break it in a year to pay full price for a pre2). So in the US no carrier released webOS 2.1.0 for pre or pre+, so even though we can metadoctor it to 2.1.0, it is not released. So we should demand the carriers to release 2.1 (that will never happen), or demand Rovio to support webOS 2.1 on pre/pre+.
  10. #10  
    The Free version's of Rio and Seasons are still available to 1.4.5 users. The free version of Rio is exactly the same as the paid version. The free version of Seasons is missing some of the levels that the paid version had tho. I paid for both of them and now only have the free versions as I had to doctor my pre recently.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2wings View Post
    The Free version's of Rio and Seasons are still available to 1.4.5 users. The free version of Rio is exactly the same as the paid version.
    Sorry to say but that's not the case anymore. On my Pre 3 I've now got all the levels available besides the last set which says coming soon.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Sorry to say but that's not the case anymore. On my Pre 3 I've now got all the levels available besides the last set which says coming soon.
    Let me clarify, the paid version of rio for 1.4.5 only had 2 levels which is the same as the free version of rio. Rovio said that they will not update the paid version past those 2 levels for 1.4.5 because of operating system conflicts.

    I am also able to enjoy the latest updates of rio on my Touchpad but not my Pre.
  13. #13  
    When I had my Palm Pre + running on 2.1; I didn't get any updates on Angry Birds past April 2011. When I bought my Palm Pre 2 from Ebay, after I OTA 2.1; then I got an upgrade on both Angry Birds Rio and Angry Birds. I haven't gotten the newest update on Angry Birds Seasons Ham-o-ween; I suspect that they have probably dropped HP WebOS from anymore updates. My wife got Ham-o-ween on her Droid 2 Global (Listed in Angry Birds Season 2012 section. We also downloaded it on an older LG Ally (just set up as a Wifi) which runs on that pretty bad. Sigh...
  14. #14  
    I'm pretty sure the "free" versions are still available on 1.4.5.
    Last edited by punyparker; 11/02/2011 at 03:47 PM.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by punyparker View Post
    I'm pretty the "free" versions are still available on 1.4.5.
    They are avail for 1.4.5 and metadoctored 2.1 devices.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    rovio insists there's some sort of fundamental problem with the older phone's 'firmware' that they couldn't get around and HP won't fix. I always thought that just meant the os version, but as there do exist many legitimately 2.1 upgraded European pre phones and rovio locked them out too, apparently it's deeper then just that. Either that or Rovio 'forgot' about legit 2.1 pre's and locked them all out in error.

    I suppose it's possible to copy the .ipk from a pre 2 or veer to a 2.1 pre+ and see what happens. I wouldn't know exactly how to do it though.
    Rovio technically didn't lock them out, palm's app catalog doesn't allow 2.x devices prior to Pre2 to see the same app catalog as devices with 2.x Pre2 and later (Veer and Pre3).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  17.    #17  
    There has gotta be some way to make a patch to fix this issue. I'm not smart enough to do it, but there has to be a way.
  18. #18  
    Seriously there isn't HP App Cat is looking at your device, not OS version.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  19. #19  
    So I had rio and seasons on my pre - with 2.1 on it. I just did a pre2 frankenpre swap and now I only can access normal angry birds and rio free and seasons free. It wont show the full versions of rio or seasons now....that normal too? I know 1.4.5 dont have them, but not sure why I cant see them on a 2.1 pre 2.
  20. #20  
    Because your Device according to palm is not a pre2, pre3, or veer. Frankenpre's still have the pre or pre+ comm board.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions