1.    #1  
    Ok this is just ridonculous...I have the standard Palm Pre Plus battery...I have relatively few complaints about the phone...however, as soon as I start-up Pandora (on a fully charged battery), the phone lasts for up to 1/2 hour and then dies...should I be buying that Seidell battery everyone is talking about, will that make a difference in airtime (Pandora) or can you suggest anything else (that will make sense)? there's got to be a way to be able to listen to Pandora on the phone for more than 1/2 hour...C'mon Man! PALM PRE CELL MANUFACTURER: I HOPE YOU ARE READING THESE FORUMS, TOO MANY PEOPLE HATE YOUR BATTERY!
    I don't know about any special batteries, but there are a couple things you could try:

-Use wifi instead of the data connection if at all possible. That will save you a little power.

-If you don't already have one, I highly recommend getting a Touchstone. Plop the phone on it every chance you get while you're listening, and you'll get more mileage. I know you could just plug the phone in, but there's just something about having the TS. If I set my phone down for even a little bit, half the time it's on a TS.

It's just a fact with the Pres--they devour power.
    Last edited by katefields; 10/21/2011 at 11:45 PM.
    Also curious how old your battery is.

I drain my battery once per day and find that at that cycle rate, after about a year it only lasts about half as long and quickly gets very bad.

You can get a replacement for ~$3 on Amazon. Makes a huge difference. Though I think some of the ones for sale now are getting a little stale (don't seem to hold as much juice right off the bat as they used to), it can still make a big diff if that's your problem.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the replies! my problem is mostly when I'm away from the charging unit...I'll try using the WiFi and see if that makes a difference...but there seems to be a better battery for the Palm Pre than its standard one and its the Innocell 1350mAh Slim Extended Life Battery...I read this on another blog! anyone know about this?
    Your battery is definitely getting stale. A Pre should be able to run about 4 hours when fully charged on a standard battery. A little longer if using WiFi (as that uses less power then the cellular radio). Replacement OEM batteries are cheap now, so buy a couple and you should be set for awhile.
    get Dr. Battery and do a calibration... you'll probably find your battery health is down to less than 50%. that's where my original Pre+ battery got. I picked up a couple of $3 batteries off Amazon, and all has been well (though my Pre+ has now been retired for a Pre3, not sure what I'll do if it ever needs a new battery)