1.    #1  
    Long story short my 14 month old Pre rear speaker croaked. After reading here I found it to be a common problem and a tough fix so I bought a NIB Pre on Ebay. Activated it on Verizons network and now I have no contact list on the new phone. It is on the old phone. How can I move it to the new phone??

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by champco View Post
    Long story short my 14 month old Pre rear speaker croaked. After reading here I found it to be a common problem and a tough fix so I bought a NIB Pre on Ebay. Activated it on Verizons network and now I have no contact list on the new phone. It is on the old phone. How can I move it to the new phone??

Thanks
    How were your contacts stored on the phone?
    • If in the Palm Profile AND you had Backup turned on or enabled, I'm pretty sure the new phone should download the contacts after you log into your Palm Profile and perform a sync (Goto Contacts app. Pulldown upper left menu and select Sync).
    • If you used Google, Facebook, MS Exchange/Outlook, etc., log into those accounts on your phone and perform a sync. (Goto Contacts app. Pulldown upper left menu and select Prefs & Accounts. On next screen add and sign in to whatever service you used to store your contacts.)

Hope I understood your question and this answers it.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the help. I was pretty sure it should work that way but even after all the silly apps had reloaded I checked the contact list and it was empty. Beyond that the calls that came in were marked unknown.

After I read your answer and checked, it all was there including the ID on the calls. Thanks

Now another problem is the call log is empty. Can it be restored from the old phone??

Also the ringtones were customized and are now all defaulted in. The MP#s I was using did not sync into the new phone.
    I also earlier loaded a new maps App (bing i think) and the yahoomaps app is gone. I am used to the yahoo mapping altho it is just cell triangulation if was useful a number of times. How do i restore that???

Thanks in advance.