Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    So I got 3 Pre's sitting around useless. Other then selling them what options do I have to make use of them? Currently two of them are still in Airplane Mode hooked-up to Sprint so it doesn't lock itself out.

Thanks!
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    MP3 player? Thats what I use my pixi for and really like it.
    Sell them?
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

give them to your some of your family members... or you can always use them as riverstone shaped paper weights.
    Quote Originally Posted by GigaS27 View Post
    So I got 3 Pre's sitting around useless. Other then selling them what options do I have to make use of them? Currently two of them are still in Airplane Mode hooked-up to Sprint so it doesn't lock itself out.

Thanks!
    You can actually get Impostah to remove the profile, so it doesn't try to wipe itself.
    Going to be using my old pre as a spare battery charger
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Thanks for the feedback. I'm planning on keeping one at least for backup...but MP3 players i have already... The phones are pretty bad so not worth giving them to family members (the radio is screwed up).

Any other suggestions? Appreciate it
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    Or you can part them out.

I actually earned my Pre Plus through selling the parts from donor Bell units.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    great for downloading podcasts automatically.
    Break them for spares.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Trade them for a pack of gum and a broken usb stick.
    7 batteries, 3 pre's 1 pre2. I use then for battery chargers. I thought about using them as an mp3player but decided carrying 2 pre phones just doesn't make sense at all.
    I'd sell two of them. I'd keep one just in case.
    Thanks for the feedback. I'm planning on keeping one at least for backup...but MP3 players i have already... The phones are pretty bad so not worth giving them to family members (the radio is screwed up).

Why are the radio's messed up and can't they be fixed by HP or are they considered non-warranty units?

EDIT: Just realized I misread 3 Pre's as Pre 3's... The info below is still applicable. Also you can advertise for good com boards and reactivate them if you want.

A good use is as a gaming platform for the kids - they don't get all the bells and whistles of a ds but it's a nice fun substitute.
    Last edited by Unclevanya; 11/02/2011 at 04:12 PM.
    If you are technical, buy a couple of Pre 2 and frankenPre them and sell it for profit.
    Quote Originally Posted by rubenfan View Post
    If you are technical, buy a couple of Pre 2 and frankenPre them and sell it for profit.
    If the radio is not working I'm not sure that makes sense.
    Here's one nobody has mentioned yet...

You could use one of them as a bluetooth GPS transceiver for a touchpad using PreGO GPS and use MapTool Pro or something else to take advantage of that
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    If the radio is not working I'm not sure that makes sense.
    I didn't read that. how the hell you bust the radio ?
    Quote Originally Posted by rubenfan View Post
    I didn't read that. how the hell you bust the radio ?
    Post number 7...
    http://forums.precentral.net/3215725-post7.html

As to how? Not sure but overclocking is a guess.

Wifi only device!!!!
    LIVE HARD, PLAY HARDER and KNOW WHEN TO SHUT ONES MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast