webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pre and Pre Plus > Need Help Accessing App Catalog with Impostah
Need Help Accessing App Catalog with Impostah

Old 10/15/2011, 07:58 PM   #1 (permalink)

Hello,

I cannot access the App Catalog. Specifically I get the following message, when I run the App Catalog application from my phone:
“The action could not be completed. Try again letter”. I get this message all the time, and I never managed to see the catalog.

Similarly, I cannot use Help application. I get the message “Failed to load the requested page”.

Any ideas please? Is it maybe an option I activated or deactivated in the Makefile when I metadoctored the phone in order to bypass the profile activation screen?

My phone is a Palm Pre, WebOS 1.4.5

Thank you,
studyhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/15/2011, 08:14 PM   #2 (permalink)

have you tried using impostah?
Cantaffordit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/16/2011, 06:35 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
I downloaded impostah from preware, but 'app catalog' is not activated. The only activated options are 'Connections', 'App Data' and 'App Cookies'. Any other suggestions please?
Old 10/21/2011, 06:21 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Hello all,

I would really appreciate if someone could help me with the open issues I have with my Palm Pre.
Here is a summary of what I have with my phone:
I have meta-doctored the phone and it is working. I had to do this, because I live in Cyprus, and therefore I could not bypass the profile activation screen.
I have also changed the information in the database file and GPRS and 3G are working.

Now, here are the open problems:
a. I cannot access the App Catalog. I get the message “The action could not be completed. Try again letter”.
b. I cannot accesss Help. I get the same message as above.

I tried to create a new profile by using First Use app. It allows me enter my information, it goes to the 'security question', then it tries to create the profile, but it finally says that it cannot.

Can you help me with the above issues please?
Old 10/22/2011, 08:00 AM   #5 (permalink)

Anyone, please?
Old 10/22/2011, 08:51 AM   #6 (permalink)

<thread moved/merged>

Maybe somebody here can help him.
Old 10/26/2011, 06:08 PM   #7 (permalink)

I have the same problem
Wansi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/30/2011, 04:30 AM   #8 (permalink)

anyone can help?
Old 11/06/2011, 06:00 AM   #9 (permalink)

Hi, i bought used Pre + and i cant access app catalog, i tired impostah but it didnt work. preware is working fine now, but i want app catalog too. Please help anyone.
tomaxsas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/13/2011, 01:04 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomaxsas View Post
Hi, i bought used Pre + and i cant access app catalog, i tired impostah but it didnt work. preware is working fine now, but i want app catalog too. Please help anyone.
noone can help?
Old 11/13/2011, 01:42 PM   #11 (permalink)

I'll need more info. Do you have a data plan or are you attempting to activate via wifi on a previously activated device?
matteebee13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/13/2011, 01:43 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
It is only available for webOS 2.0 and later (the concept makes no sense for webOS 1.4.5 or earlier).
OP, have you even created a Palm Profile on this phone?
GuyFromNam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/13/2011, 01:44 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by studyhood View Post
Similarly, I cannot use Help application. I get the message “Failed to load the requested page”.
This is normal.
webOS is beyond help.
Old 11/13/2011, 02:08 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
I'll need more info. Do you have a data plan or are you attempting to activate via wifi on a previously activated device?
My phone is a Palm Pre EU version. I ordered it from the UK, and I tried to use it in Cyprus. However, I had to create a profile, and because this was not possible to be done here in Cyprus, I had to metadoctor the phone. I never managed to create a profile. Here are the settings of the makefile I used:

# BYPASS_ACTIVATION = 1
BYPASS_FIRST_USE_APP = 1
# ENABLE_DEVELOPER_MODE = 1
# ENABLE_BETA_FEEDS = 1
# INSTALL_SSH_AUTH_KEYS = 1
# INSTALL_WIFI_PROFILES = 1
DISABLE_UPLOAD_DAEMON = 1
# DISABLE_UPDATE_DAEMON = 1
# DISABLE_MODEM_UPDATE = 1
# ENABLE_USB_NETWORKING = 1
# REMOVE_MODEL_CHECK = 1
REMOVE_CARRIER_CHECK = 1
# CHANGE_KEYBOARD_TYPE = z
# ADD_EXTRA_CARRIERS = 1
VAR_PARTITION_SIZE = 2GB
# SWAP_PARTITION_SIZE = 512MB
# EXT3FS_PARTITION_SIZE = 2GB

# Select "pre", "preplus", "pixi", "pixiplus", "pre2", "pre3", "veer" or "touchpad".
DEVICE = pre

# Select "wr", "sprint", "verizonwireless", "bellmo", "telcel", "att" or "wifi".
CARRIER = wr

Everything works fine apart from the fact that I cannot access the App Catalog, Help, and have updates. I cannot also create a profile. I tried to access the app catalog or create a profile through wifi, through 3g or 2g connection both with my Cyprus and a UK sim card (from Cyprus), but nothing. I also tried through the developer's mode, but also no result.
Old 11/13/2011, 02:31 PM   #15 (permalink)

Try installing Impostah (use webOS Quick Install or Preware for this). Tap "Activation" in the top right corner. Choose the app catalog you want to access, then sign in using your profile and password. If that doesn't help, install Show Properties (again using WOSQI or Preware) and check what value you have for DMSETS and post them here (should have 2 values).
Old 11/13/2011, 02:37 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Try installing Impostah (use webOS Quick Install or Preware for this). Tap "Activation" in the top right corner. Choose the app catalog you want to access, then sign in using your profile and password. If that doesn't help, install Show Properties (again using WOSQI or Preware) and check what value you have for DMSETS and post them here (should have 2 values).
The Activation button is deactivated, therefore I cannot use it. I installed Show Properties, and the value for DMSETS is {"sets": "312"}.

Thank you for trying to help.
Old 11/13/2011, 02:42 PM   #17 (permalink)
Banned

Let me post it again:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
It is only available for webOS 2.0 and later (the concept makes no sense for webOS 1.4.5 or earlier).
Or is this info outdated?
Old 11/13/2011, 05:40 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
Let me post it again:

Or is this info outdated?
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Impostah was updated (version 0.9.17) to include enabling device profile, palm profile and app catalog information for 1.4.5 devices. You need 2 values of DMSETS anyway so I think you need to redoctor or do some more reading of the metadoctor wiki.
Old 11/13/2011, 05:46 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Impostah was updated (version 0.9.17) to include enabling device profile, palm profile and app catalog information for 1.4.5 devices. You need 2 values of DMSETS anyway so I think you need to redoctor or do some more reading of the metadoctor wiki.
Is there a way to get the 2 values of DMSETS without having to redoctor? When I first metadoctored the phone, I enabled REMOVE_CARRIER_CHECK in makefile. Maybe this causes the current one value of DMSETS?

Thank you,
Old 11/14/2011, 04:31 AM   #20 (permalink)
Developer

There is not. -- Rod
www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
rwhitby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
app catalogue

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0