1.    #1  
    I've had my Pre + since June 2010 and was fine with the battery issues. However, all of a sudden, my battery life is only 3-4 hours even when I'm not using it. I have rebooted, replaced the battery, turned off wifi, still the same. This am I turned on Battery Monitor and it says my drain is 20%/hour, earlier it said 40%. Help!

I am not tech savvy as far as jail breaking my phone and all that. As far as I know, I haven't changed anything recently. All help is appreciated.
    Could be a bad battery or some app running wild.
    Check the health with Dr.battery.
  3.    #3  
    This is occuring with 2 separate batteries, one is like new. This has happened very suddenly from one day to the next.

I pretty much have access to the aps in the catalog unless someone has the patience to help me figure out how to add the other apps.

Thanks for your suggestions
  4.    #4  
    Do I dare erase apps & data and then restore? Might this help?
    Likely an issue with the phone and not battery. Perform an on line back up then download and install WebOS doctor on your PC and doctor. I am guessing something is constantly running in the background.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AkiliBunny View Post
    Android is a mobile phone operating system developed by the search provider Google. Used on a wide variety of smart phones, Android is currently the best selling mobile operating system in the world. Android is an open source OS, letting anyone develop their own software (such as applications or games) to be run on Android platforms. The Android OS is also used in tablet computers, with the latest version being Android 3.0. While the Android OS has been in use since 2008, regular updates and support for Google keeps Android the leading-edge system it is today.
    what does all this have to do with the op question? this is precentral meaning its all about webos, not droid! tryingtohaveitall are you overclocking?
    If you dont want voice dial, do this in terminal

novacom -t open tty://
    mount -o remount,rw /
    ipkg remove pmvoicecommand
    rm -r /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.sysapp.voicedial/
    mount -o remount,ro /
    reboot
  7.    #7  
    No, I'm not overclocking. I tried the restore, lost several programs that I don't have time to refind and it's still doing it. The other day at work, I put it in airplane mode. Three hours later when I turned airplane mode off, my battery life was down to 50%!!! So frustrating. I can't have this. I'm giving up.
    Quote Originally Posted by tryingtohaveitall View Post
    I've had my Pre + since June 2010 and was fine with the battery issues. However, all of a sudden, my battery life is only 3-4 hours even when I'm not using it. I have rebooted, replaced the battery, turned off wifi, still the same. This am I turned on Battery Monitor and it says my drain is 20%/hour, earlier it said 40%. Help!

I am not tech savvy as far as jail breaking my phone and all that. As far as I know, I haven't changed anything recently. All help is appreciated.
    Use the battery widget that will improve life time of the battery. It is free to download from Google play store