Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes
    Are there detailed directions on how to get just the skype app on my VZW Pre+ somewhere? I've got preware and a lot of homebrew patches/apps on the device but when it comes to running things from the command line I am lost (though I am pretty good at following directions).

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by apmd428; 11/13/2011 at 07:02 PM.
    skype is integrated into the phone and messaging app. It isn't a seperate app.
    Oh...from earlier posts I interpreted that only certain packages from the 2.1 file needed to be installed. So the whole device needs to be metadoctored to 2.1?
    Well, if your Verizon Pre+ is at 2.1.0 yes you can just install the two (Skype IPK's) and it should work, however, if you are at 1.4.5.x then I have not tested that and it might be dependent on WEBOS 2.1.0. There is a metadoctor script that I already created that includes all Verizon APPS for the PRE+, it is called test-verizon-preplus-2.1.0 and that is what I used to configure my PRE+, and Skype works fine. Now, before I created the script I also used the command line to add Skype to make sure it worked before I created the script, but it did work. But just because things work for me does not mean it will work for all. (my disclaimer...) Let me know if you use the test script and if it worked for you, then Rod can turn it from test to the main script.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Well, if your Verizon Pre+ is at 2.1.0 yes you can just install the two (Skype IPK's) and it should work, however, if you are at 1.4.5.x then I have not tested that and it might be dependent on WEBOS 2.1.0. There is a metadoctor script that I already created that includes all Verizon APPS for the PRE+, it is called test-verizon-preplus-2.1.0 and that is what I used to configure my PRE+, and Skype works fine. Now, before I created the script I also used the command line to add Skype to make sure it worked before I created the script, but it did work. But just because things work for me does not mean it will work for all. (my disclaimer...) Let me know if you use the test script and if it worked for you, then Rod can turn it from test to the main script.
    Hi John, thank you for your effort to put together this script. However, when I was running it, I got this error message:

touch build/pre3-p220manta-wr-2.2.0/.unpacked
    mkdir -p downloads
    Please download the correct version of the webOS Doctor .jar file
    and then rename and move it to downloads/webosdoctorp304hstnhwifi-3.0.2.jar (i.e. the downloads directory that was just created under the current directory).
    make: *** [downloads/webosdoctorp304hstnhwifi-3.0.2.jar] Error 1

I guess I'll just download the 3.0.4 (for tablet?), and rename it to *-3.0.2.jar?
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Ok, I did download the tablet wifi only version "webosdoctorp304hstnhwifi.jar" and rename it to "*-3.0.2.jar", the script passed that line, however stopped soon after because it maxed the disk space in my VirtualBox (8GB for ubumtu). How much space does it need?
    Quote Originally Posted by njsss View Post
    Ok, I did download the tablet wifi only version "webosdoctorp304hstnhwifi.jar" and rename it to "*-3.0.2.jar", the script passed that line, however stopped soon after because it maxed the disk space in my VirtualBox (8GB for ubumtu). How much space does it need?
    Sorry the meta doctor Makefile changed the name download the 3.0.2 doctor and rename it to webosdoctorp304hstnhwifi-3.0.2.jar, the 3.0.4 doctor moved the flash files...

I created a new SUPER script on page 214 of how-install-webos-2-1-0-pre-pre-using-meta-doctor that includes the newer flash from 2.2.4 and SMS with touchpad... for Verizon Users.

Sorry I did not notice the update on this thread...
    John,

I know you're hard at work on the 2.2.4 update, but I just wanted to let you know that the 2.1 test script worked flawlessly for me. Maybe it can be upgraded from test status? Been up and running for about 5 days now without any noticeable problems. Did your 3G icon get "updated" to EV too? Is there a painless fix for this?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by apmd428 View Post
    John,

I know you're hard at work on the 2.2.4 update, but I just wanted to let you know that the 2.1 test script worked flawlessly for me. Maybe it can be upgraded from test status? Been up and running for about 5 days now without any noticeable problems. Did your 3G icon get "updated" to EV too? Is there a painless fix for this?

Thanks
    No sure which test script you are referring too, please enlighten?

test-verizon-pre?-2.1.0?

The 3G comes from the sweatshop ipk, if it got changed was there an update that changed it? Please explain the issue...
    I was referring to test-verizon-preplus-2.1.0. Took my verizon pre+ from 1.4.5.1 to 2.1+skype smoothly. In 1.4.5.1 (and as far back as I can remember) I had a 3G icon in the top bar. After running the script and doctoring, the icon is now EV. I didn't observe any errors with the script but then again, this was the first time I had run any metadoctor scripts.

Thanks
    Some ppl seem to be missing this so: the verizon skype ipk does not do VOIP. It makes a calls over the verizon network and only that one. The 2.2.4 update has the Pre3's skype which is REAL skype that does VOIP.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12