1.    #1  
    So my pre2 crapped out on me, so I went back to my Pre+, got it all good and done, but now none of my apps are showing. I went to updates and went to install software and there are no apps there. Any help on what I should do? It let me sign into my palm profile.
    what version software on the preplus?
    The pre 2 had 2.x version and the apps on it were most probably for that version; if the preplus is 1.45, you will have to doctor it for the 2.x versions.
    What happened to your Pre2? I had freezing problems with mine but I believe I just fixed them.
  3.    #3  
    Hey Blue, no I had 1.4.5 and bought angry birds and everything then bought the pre2 and they all transfered over. Well my Pre2 (and my girls pre2) Will NOT recieve data or take or place phone calls. Its just suddenly happened. And another member told me it was the pre2 so I've switched back, and its working now. So my pre2 is **** I guess. Ive talked to VZW all day today and they couldnt help me at all. But my problem is that NONE of my apps downloaded when it was restoring my stuff. Maybe I should DR?
    When you switched from the preplus to the pre2 your profile jumped to the 2.xx versions and it does not go back when you jump back to the preplus. So your apps are lost.

To get the apps you already bought, you will have to doctor the prepluses to 2.1 or try and get the Pre2 to work.

For the Pre2, did verizon have you doctor it? Did you install any patches?
  5.    #5  
    I dr'ed it myself and it didnt help. I swear its something on VZW's side, as when I try to call out it says Call failed no service, or network busy.
    Did you update PRL? Did you go to another part of town and try the Pre2 there?
  7.    #7  
    I did and it didnt work
  8.    #8  
    so you're saying since I updated to 2.x and the apps updated it wont (un)update back to 1.4.5? What about the paid apps what should I do about them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosgarage57 View Post
    so you're saying since I updated to 2.x and the apps updated it wont (un)update back to 1.4.5? What about the paid apps what should I do about them?
    Yes.
    The apps are with your 2.x profile and you will need 2.x software. So either metadoctor your preplus to 2.1 (google webosinternals for metadoctor vzw preplus 2.1) or get the Pre2 to work.
    It may be that vzw was out of service today and will be back in your area tomorrow. I would try logging out of the preplus tomorrow. Then log into the Pre2 with your profile (make sure you log out of the preplus). Update the prl, doctor it, take it on a spin to the other side of town and see if it works
  10.    #10  
    Its been down for 3 days now, surely if VZW has had trouble I wouldnt be the only one right? Is it hard to metaDr Pre+ to 2.x? Im on the phone with Palm support, hopefully I can send it in and get a new one. I had to do the same thing with my touchpad for a unrelated issue. Thank you for all the suggestions and help I'll keep ya updated
    Its been down for 3 days now, surely if VZW has had trouble I wouldnt be the only one right? Is it hard to metaDr Pre+ to 2.x? Im on the phone with Palm support, hopefully I can send it in and get a new one. I had to do the same thing with my touchpad for a unrelated issue. Thank you for all the suggestions and help I'll keep ya updated
    A new Pre2? That is what you should try for.

PrePlus can be metadoctored to 2.1 if you follow the instructions in the webos internals for metadoctor verizon preplus to 2.1 (google it).
    You need some tech savvy to make yourself comfortable with following instructions and leave yourself several hours.
  12.    #12  
    Still on the phone with Palm.......just failed the quick test, somethings up with the modem....JUST SEND ME A NEW PHONE. I feel bad for Tech support, I had to tell her where the data usage on/off was..........Gonna be a long night

She accuses its VZW, but I honestly believe they've done everything they can. They are send me a pre2, but it cost me 29.99 plus a preauth for $432......
    Last edited by Bosgarage57; 10/11/2011 at 05:55 PM.
    Still on the phone with Palm.......just failed the quick test, somethings up with the modem....JUST SEND ME A NEW PHONE. I feel bad for Tech support, I had to tell her where the data usage on/off was..........Gonna be a long night

She accuses its VZW, but I honestly believe they've done everything they can. They are send me a pre2, but it cost me 29.99 plus a preauth for $432......
    I feel for you as I just went through Pre2 problems myself. Hope this new phone works for you.