Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Pls HELP!!!

I have the original Palm Pre on Sprint.

I was in a building with a bad signal. The battery level quickly dropped to 12%. I shut down the phone. (That was a mistake, i should have put the phone on airplane mode instead)

When I came back home & tried charging, there is no response. I replaced my phone's battery with my wife's 100% charged palm pre battery. But am unable to turn on the phone. No response when I press the Power button.

My battery is charging well in my wife's Palm Pre. So doesn't look like a battery issue.

Any suggestions? Am out of phone now. Going out and buying another phone is the last thing i want to do.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by residentcomedian View Post
    Has the power button ever given you problems before? There is a known issue with that, but it may or may not have anything to do with this instance.
    I haven't had problem before with the power button. What is that known issue? Is there any other way to get the phone powered up? Is there any other reset button or anything else to start the phone?

Thanks for the quick response buddy...
    Quote Originally Posted by premr View Post
    I haven't had problem before with the power button. What is that known issue? Is there any other way to get the phone powered up? Is there any other reset button or anything else to start the phone?

Thanks for the quick response buddy...
    Sure - put the phone on a charger. Either touchstone or usb. In either case it will power up without touching the button. If the battery is low you should see an icon indicating charging - otherwise it should boot.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    Sure - put the phone on a charger. Either touchstone or usb. In either case it will power up without touching the button. If the battery is low you should see an icon indicating charging - otherwise it should boot.
    The battery was charged in my wife's Palm Pre. Its around 68% charged. But when I put this back on my Palm Pre, there is no response. I have conencted through USB. I can feel the heat on the phone as I leave it connected to my desktop. It doesn't start up automatically or respond to the power button
    Quote Originally Posted by premr View Post
    The battery was charged in my wife's Palm Pre. Its around 68% charged. But when I put this back on my Palm Pre, there is no response. I have conencted through USB. I can feel the heat on the phone as I leave it connected to my desktop. It doesn't start up automatically or respond to the power button
    Is the keyboard backlighting on or is it also dark? (Trying to determine if the screen is dead or the phone is dead)
    If you dial it does it immediately go to voicemail or does it ring/vibrate?

I ask because I had a Pre Plus that during the first week went dark right after a call. I was using bluetooth and I could call the last number dialed, answer the phone, etc. But I couldn't get it to light the screen until I pulled the battery and left it out for 20-30 seconds before reinstalling it. (I didn't try with less time - that was the recommendation from VZW).
    The phone started up again just fine after that - never did it again.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    Is the keyboard backlighting on or is it also dark? (Trying to determine if the screen is dead or the phone is dead)
    If you dial it does it immediately go to voicemail or does it ring/vibrate?

I ask because I had a Pre Plus that during the first week went dark right after a call. I was using bluetooth and I could call the last number dialed, answer the phone, etc. But I couldn't get it to light the screen until I pulled the battery and left it out for 20-30 seconds before reinstalling it. (I didn't try with less time - that was the recommendation from VZW).
    The phone started up again just fine after that - never did it again.
    I think the phone is dead. No backlight. When I call my phone, it immediately goes to voice mail.

I read in the other forums and placed a small rubber band under the power button. No luck yet.

Even a day without phone gets so weird. Its not so much that am not able to call anyone, its more so whose calls i might ahve missed...

pls hellppppp
    Sounds like a hardware problem. I would bring it into your local carrier store.
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

Not sure if you solved this yet. I have three ideas:

-Try to reset it by pressing orange+Sym+r for a few seconds. It's a long shot, but it may work.

-Alternatively, you could try resetting it by holding the power button down while switching the ringer switch on and off three times.

-Plug it into the wall (not your computer) and walk away. I couldn't get my Pre to boot one time & out of desperation I just plugged it in and left it. After quite a while, it started on its own (much to my relief).

Hope that helps! I'm thinking #3 is the most important, and #1 or 2 will get things rolling again.