1.    #1  
    I can pretty much receive texts from anyone with my Palm Pre, but I cannot receive texts from my mother, my girlfriend or my best friend. I tried deleting the contacts and re-adding them, or not add them at all, and I receive nothing. I have sprint and my mother uses virgin mobile, but I don't really think it matters what she is using.

I know its not the phone because I recently had my Pre replaced for a brand new one. I also get horrible coverage too. I probably get about 100 dropped calls a month. I get 1 bar or no signal in my house, I can stand in the middle of my street and have no signal. Sometimes I'm driving down the street near the sprint store and still no signal. But whenever I go into the sprint store, I get 5 bars and they tell me its nothing. They checked the coverage at my house and said it is covered there. Sprint will do nothing for me, only told me to buy a signal amplifier that costs $150.

I don't care about the signal as much as I do about the texts. If I can't talk to anyone in my house, I want to at least be able to text them. It's frustrating.

Is there any advise anyone can share? I just can't take this anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by VirgilX00 View Post
    I can pretty much receive texts from anyone with my Palm Pre, but I cannot receive texts from my mother, my girlfriend or my best friend. I tried deleting the contacts and re-adding them, or not add them at all, and I receive nothing. I have sprint and my mother uses virgin mobile, but I don't really think it matters what she is using.

I know its not the phone because I recently had my Pre replaced for a brand new one. I also get horrible coverage too. I probably get about 100 dropped calls a month. I get 1 bar or no signal in my house, I can stand in the middle of my street and have no signal. Sometimes I'm driving down the street near the sprint store and still no signal. But whenever I go into the sprint store, I get 5 bars and they tell me its nothing. They checked the coverage at my house and said it is covered there. Sprint will do nothing for me, only told me to buy a signal amplifier that costs $150.

I don't care about the signal as much as I do about the texts. If I can't talk to anyone in my house, I want to at least be able to text them. It's frustrating.

Is there any advise anyone can share? I just can't take this anymore.
    Check this link. Its been discussed before and I found the reason why.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ct-glitch.html

btw, you're going to have to doctor it. DO NOT USE THE ERASE APPS AND DATA FIX. I ti
    tried that and it is the worst solution ever. It erases all of your backed up apps so when you restore from your palm profile, your apps are gone. Doctoring is the best answer. But read the thread on that link for a description of why that occurs.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.