Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By netwrkr9
  1.    #1  
    Hey everyone,

It's been awhile since I've been around the forum here.. Probably about a year or so. I switched to the HTC Evo after Sprint abandoned the original Palm Pre (the first iteration) and have been fairly happy with Android so far.

My question to all of you is...What can I do with my Palm Pre- that's just laying around, gathering dust? Is there an OS that can be loaded onto it for experimentation? Any other phone software (such as Android, etc.) that can be loaded onto it? Basically, I'd like to use my Pre for something... Maybe even load the latest version of WebOS onto it to just play around with.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!
    Ricky
    If you don't end up keeping it, there's plenty of people on the forum that could use it for parts or for a FrankenPre 2 upgrade.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    dont know about u guys but latty iv been using mine to make me some soup!! pop off the back plate and BAM u got ur self a portable hot plate... lol
    Throw it in the drawer with all of your other old cell phones.
    5hieldz and verwon like this.
    Give it to your friends who are using feature phones. that is what I am planning on doing.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    You can run much of the normal linux services you would find on a workstation or server. So run it as a tiny web server or something... maybe figure out how to access the camera and it could be a web server with a webcam..
    Palm III -> Samsung SPH-i330 -> Centro+Centro ->
    Pre(minus)+Samsung Epic -> Pre 3 (Summer?(@Sprint?))
    I am just about at the end of contract time and, its time to move on. I'd sort of like to be able to use it as a gps device for my normal computers, but I can't seem to find info on it. Unless someone can help with that, I guess its for for grabs if someone wants it when I'm done. I think I'm gonna let my wife's pixi go too.