1.    #1  
    Regrettably, I dropped my Palm Pre Plus in water and now it doesn't boot up past the Palm logo screen a week from my contract renewal upgrade. From reading the forum, it seems that I can't restore any data to a different device (i.e., Android) from my Palm Profile. I was thinking of buying a replacement from eBay just so I could restore my contacts and transfer them to my new Android device, but I wanted to make sure that I could retrieve all of my contacts if I did this. What about other files such as pictures or music? Are those just gone?

Thanks for any assistance.
    remove battery and cover. Put them in a bag of rice for at least 48 hours. The try booting up.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    remove battery and cover. Put them in a bag of rice for at least 48 hours. The try booting up.
    Thanks, but I tried that and I still don't get past the Palm screen.
    Last edited by apollo174; 10/08/2011 at 09:23 AM.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Most people use a Google account to store contacts so they are transferable easily between webOS devices or to other systems. Where are your contacts stored?
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    Most people use a Google account to store contacts so they are transferable easily between webOS devices or to other systems. Where are your contacts stored?
    Yeah but I didn't sync to Google contacts when I came over from my Centro only to the Palm Profile. Is replacement Pre my only hope?
    You could also use a friends webos device, log on to your profile, and sync with google.
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.