I just received my unlocked palm pre plus from Newegg. I thought this could be set up on either Fido or Rogers in Canada, but Fido said they can't set it up because it doesn't have a SIM card. I really don't want to send this back. Should I try a different Fido/Rogers store and hope the first person was wrong....or just give up and return the phone to Newegg

thanks for any help.
    verizon is cdma and cdma is set to one carrier. I'm using an at&t pixi plus and a at&t veer unlocked on rogers because you can put a sim card in it. Next time make sure its at&t.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmd View Post
    I just received my unlocked palm pre plus from Newegg. I thought this could be set up on either Fido or Rogers in Canada, but Fido said they can't set it up because it doesn't have a SIM card. I really don't want to send this back. Should I try a different Fido/Rogers store and hope the first person was wrong....or just give up and return the phone to Newegg

thanks for any help.
    CDMA-only phones will not operate on GSM networks. Most CDMA networks will not allow another CDMA network's phones to run on their network but there are some exceptions. If you wanted to use anything labeled with "Verizon" you need to make sure it's either an unlocked world phone (then it has a GSM radio) or you find a CDMA network that is willing to port devices that were initially setup on other CDMA networks.